Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some Proposed 2014 Cuts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Some Proposed 2014 Cuts

    Chris Snee: Signed Through 2014
    Cap Number in 2014= $11,750,000
    Dead Money= $4,500,000
    Cap Savings If Cut/Traded in 2014= + $7,500,000 Towards 2014 Cap


    David Bass: Signed Through 2015 (next 2 seasons)
    Cap Number in 2014= $8,225,000
    Dead Money= $6,450,000
    Cap Savings If Cut/Traded in 2014= +$1,775,000 Towards 2014 Cap


    Antrel Rolle: Signed Through 2014
    Cap Number in 2014= $9,250,000
    Dead Money= $2,000,000
    Cap Savings if Cut/Traded in 2014= +$7,250,000 Towards 2014 Cap


    Mathias Kiwanuka: Signed Through 2015 (next 2 seasons)
    Cap Number in 2014= $7,050,000
    Dead Money= $5,250,000
    Cap Savings if Cut/Traded in 2014= +$1,800,000 Towards 2014 Cap


    Brandon Myers: Signed Through 2016 (next 3 seasons)
    Cap Number in 2014= $4,375,000
    Dead Money= $1,125,000
    Cap Savings if Cut/Traded in 2014= +$3,250,000 Towards 2014 Cap


    2014 salary cap room as is (before proposed cuts)= $17,085,796
    2014 salary cap with these cuts= $38,410,796 (increase of $21,325,000)

  • #2
    I'm not sure what the final two lines of this post mean.

    The cost of making these cuts go up, when you factor in the cost of hiring someone to replace them.
    Do not feed the trolls.

    Comment


    • #3
      Bass is not getting cut... but can he restructure?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by arileyg View Post
        Chris Snee: Signed Through 2014
        Cap Number in 2014= $11,750,000
        Dead Money= $4,500,000
        Cap Savings If Cut/Traded in 2014= + $7,500,000 Towards 2014 Cap


        David Bass: Signed Through 2015 (next 2 seasons)
        Cap Number in 2014= $8,225,000
        Dead Money= $6,450,000
        Cap Savings If Cut/Traded in 2014= +$1,775,000 Towards 2014 Cap


        Antrel Rolle: Signed Through 2014
        Cap Number in 2014= $9,250,000
        Dead Money= $2,000,000
        Cap Savings if Cut/Traded in 2014= +$7,250,000 Towards 2014 Cap


        Mathias Kiwanuka: Signed Through 2015 (next 2 seasons)
        Cap Number in 2014= $7,050,000
        Dead Money= $5,250,000
        Cap Savings if Cut/Traded in 2014= +$1,800,000 Towards 2014 Cap


        Brandon Myers: Signed Through 2016 (next 3 seasons)
        Cap Number in 2014= $4,375,000
        Dead Money= $1,125,000
        Cap Savings if Cut/Traded in 2014= +$3,250,000 Towards 2014 Cap


        2014 salary cap room as is (before proposed cuts)= $17,085,796
        2014 salary cap with these cuts= $38,410,796 (increase of $21,325,000)
        Not enough savings to make it worth it for a lot of those players. The following year they are gone I believe. I rather have Kiwanuka than 1.8 million in cap space, same with Baas while everyone hates him in 2012 he was pretty good I would rather keep him and hope he is healthy than pay him to play elsewhere. Snee wont make that in 2014 either he will be cut, retire, or cut and brought back cheaper like Webster. Rolle is the tough one I would work out an extension for Rolle at a lower number
        Last edited by Redeyejedi; 12-31-2013, 04:32 PM.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by BigBlueFanNJ View Post
          Bass is not getting cut... but can he restructure?
          no, please no restructuring of Baas---he's one of the reasons why he has a high cap number.

          Comment


          • #6
            Why would you want to cut Antrel, one of the best safeties in the NFC, when safety is probably one of our positions to look at.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
              Not enough savings to make it worth it for a lot of those players. The following year they are gone I believe. I rather have Kiwanuka than 1.8 million in cap space, same with Baas while everyone hates him in 2012 he was pretty good I would rather keep him and hope he is healthy than pay him to play elsewhere. Snee wont make that in 2014 either he will be cut, retire, or cut and brought back cheaper like Webster. Rolle is the tough one I would work out an extension for Rolle at a lower number
              Agree that Kiwi and Bass will be back, but gone in 2015; and Rolle should be extended. Snee might be leaning towards retirement. Myers needs to go

              Comment


              • #8
                I don't think any of those guys get cut. And think all but Snee will be on the roster in 2014. Snee will probably retire since he has been contemplating that for awhile.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Baas has to get cut. He is here for 2 more years. He hasn't been healthy at all and once he gets hurt, it's the curly shuffle along the offensive line. Enough is enough...take the hit this year so you have freedom in 2015.

                  The only one I wouldn't cut is Rolle.

                  If Tuck comes back...I would get rid of Kiwi. If Tuck doesn't come back...you might need Kiwi as a body.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I can see Kiwi and Myers getting cut. They really weren't anything extravagant.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by hadenough View Post
                      Baas has to get cut. He is here for 2 more years. He hasn't been healthy at all and once he gets hurt, it's the curly shuffle along the offensive line. Enough is enough...take the hit this year so you have freedom in 2015.

                      The only one I wouldn't cut is Rolle.

                      If Tuck comes back...I would get rid of Kiwi. If Tuck doesn't come back...you might need Kiwi as a body.
                      I watched Kiwi closely on Sunday while standing in that rain. He is just terminally built as a "slash" player and when anything gets down and dirty along the OL, he gets mushed around at DE. He's OK but if he's gone toward a bigger purpose I am fine with it.
                      No one remembers who came in second.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X