Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GIants' Free Agents: Can Andre Brown Carry The Load At Running Back?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigBlue1971 View Post
    I don't believe Andre can carry the team but he can and is a good lead back who's durable and tough.
    Que?
    "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

Wilson is a gonner and as much as I love Brown, I'm worried he can't carry the load. Brown looked hurt the last 3 games. Hillis can get you 3 yards and a cloud of dust but scares no one. Cox sucks!

Comment

Originally posted by titwio View Post
        Que?
        HAHAHA. I know. I just kinda let that one go. Brown and durable are incompatible.

I don't think you give Hillis his due PennState. He's a hard nosed runner and cracked off some nice runs. And that is coming in cold. I'm not saying he can take it to the house, but he is capable of good 1st down yardage. Especially with Zn o- line upgrade. And he can catch.
        # 80 (For FBomb)

Comment

I like Hillis as a guy who gets you the tough 3 yards and a first down. Yes, he can catch. He made a fine contribution given the circumstances but he's not going to carry a team to a Super Bowl.

Comment

Hillis is our John Kuhn but he will never be a Lacey.
            Last edited by PennState1; 01-10-2014, 02:59 AM.

Comment

Not saying he's a primary ball carrier, buts he's much better than a 3 yard rusher. Way better than Kuhn in that regard. Like I said, I don't expect him to take it to the house like Lacy. Let's see what these guys can do with SME blocking and practice before we downgrade their abilities though. We are pretty much on the same page .
              # 80 (For FBomb)

Comment

One thing is certain. A better line will help almost any runner.

Comment

Current Season Stats
                  Year Rushing Receiving Fumb. KO Ret Punt Ret
                  Year Team G Rush Yds Y/G Avg 100+ TD Rec Yds Y/G Avg 100+ TD Lost Yds TD Yds TD
                  2013 NYG 7 73 247 35.3 3.4 0 2 13 96 13.7 7.4 0 0 1 0 0 0 0

3.4 yards per carry average.

Comment

Sorry , that cut and paste didn't work

7 games
                    73 carries
                    247 yards
                    3.4 yards per carry
                    Zero 100 yard games
                    2 TDs
                    13 receptions
                    96 yards in receptions
                    13.7 yards per game average

Comment

John Kuhn had a 3.8 average with 13 receptions for 81 yards.

So, Kuhn's yards per carry is better than Hillis and with the exact same # of receptions he had 15 less yards on the pass plays. I'd say that's about as close a comparison as you can get.

Kuhn is a valuable contributor when you need a few tough yards. So is Hillis. We still need 2 more RBs to go along with AB and Hillis.
                      Last edited by PennState1; 01-10-2014, 03:06 AM.

Comment

Hillis to me had some ability to make a guy miss for a few more yards. He just seems to have more athletisism. The guy came in cold as I said before. Improve the line and give him a full off season on the team and I think he shows more. Kuhn can makes 2 or 3 yards through a brick wall. I'll give him that. Lol
                        Last edited by GiantRoc; 01-10-2014, 10:41 AM.
                        # 80 (For FBomb)

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                          Why get hung up on his "carrying the load" when he can platoon with Hillis and whoever else survives camp?
                          Because that would be an incredibly underwhelming RB corp.

Comment

Originally posted by PennState1 View Post
                            I like Hillis as a guy who gets you the tough 3 yards and a first down. Yes, he can catch. He made a fine contribution given the circumstances but he's not going to carry a team to a Super Bowl.
                            Why does one running back have to "carry the load?"
                            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
                              Because that would be an incredibly underwhelming RB corp.
                              How do we know that until we get a decent OLine and how do we know they aren't ogong to bring in another one year FA yet to be named?
                              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Going into next year with Brown and Hillis would not sound like the greatest plan. They need help. They need a FA and draft pick. That or maybe Cox can be more productive. Sounds like Mara is tired of watching his younger players sit on the bench.

Comment

Working...
                                X