Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone who thinks eli will not flourish in in a west coast offense....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
    Eli got a big contract because Eli won a SB and was/is expected to be a franchise QB.
    So...Rudyy...are you saying he is not a franchise QB now?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by nygfanmaybe View Post
      So...Rudyy...are you saying he is not a franchise QB now?
      I don't know how you came to thay conclusion from my post.
      Mood: WOOF!

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
        I don't know how you came to thay conclusion from my post.
        Just asking...what is your answer? Is he or is he not?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by nygfanmaybe View Post
          Just asking...what is your answer? Is he or is he not?
          No duh? Lol.
          I never implied that he wasn't haha.
          Mood: WOOF!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
            I don't know how you came to thay conclusion from my post.
            Because you used the word "was"...or is...like you weren't sure.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by nygfanmaybe View Post
              Because you used the word "was"...or is...like you weren't sure.
              Oh, no..I was trying to talk in both past and present tense..
              Mood: WOOF!

              Comment


              • Well...I've had enough for the day.

                To summarize, I came to a NYG MB and saw where someone was stating that management has given Eli a free pass all this time, never putting pressure on him...or words to that effect...and I simply stated that maybe it was the 2 rings that had something to do with that.

                Then someone stated that QB's are paid for the SB's they are gonna win in the future, and I said..No...I don't think so... and here we are about 10 pages later.

                I had fun.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by nygfanmaybe View Post
                  Well...I've had enough for the day.

                  To summarize, I came to a NYG MB and saw where someone was stating that management has given Eli a free pass all this time, never putting pressure on him...or words to that effect...and I simply stated that maybe it was the 2 rings that had something to do with that.

                  Then someone stated that QB's are paid for the SB's they are gonna win in the future, and I said..No...I don't think so... and here we are about 10 pages later.

                  I had fun.
                  You're actually not wrong...you just need to add the "future performance" part.
                  Mood: WOOF!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by nygfanmaybe View Post
                    Well...they were right!!
                    No one said they weren't...
                    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by JesseJames View Post
                      I wasn't comparing the 2 QBs as individuals but comparing their situations and that basically any NFL quality QB can win with the right supporting cast, so you see that it wasn't a bad comparison now that you understand what I was saying
                      Of course u need the right supporting cast no argument there. Dilfer can't carry a team to the playoffs like Eli did in '11. Dilfer had an all-time great D playing with him. Eli nevrr had that. He just had a D that got hot at the right time. My point was that Eli can carry a team and Dilfer was basically a good backup qb.

                      Comment


                      • he is going to throw quicker int's

                        Comment


                        • Maybe Eli's struggles with shorter, quicker passing was because there wasn't enough emphasis on it. Our offense was too vertical, and he developed muscle memory for that and just didn't have it for shorter passing because there wasn't enough repetition in practice and/or game day.

                          Anyways, whatever the reason, I don't doubt that he can adjust to the west coast.


                          “Basically just stay with your man,” cornerback Janoris Jenkins said. “Follow him everywhere you go. Even if he goes to the bathroom, follow him.”

                          Comment


                          • what happens if Eli flourishes under this new system..... will we regret the last 8 seasons?


                            I know I will, except for 2007 & 2011.......

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by ThatNiCcA56 View Post
                              What doesn't make sense about it?? His response was that Eli has been faltering for years and never has to look over his shoulder. This year he was terrible but its one bad year. Hes won us 2 rings in the last 6 years how many qb's in that timeframe can say that? None. If he's half as bad next year then ill get on him also, but lets see what he does first. It's funny how peoples short-term memory is around here. Hes a 2 time super bowl MVP for our team lets give this guy the benefit of the doubt.
                              I take issue with the comment "He's won us 2 rings". This is a team game. The team won those games and yes Eli helped and was rewarded. We all love him for that.

                              But he's a 2x Super Bowl MVP that played as poorly as he did his rookie season last year. So it's not the short-term memory of the fans that is Eli's problem, his problem is his erratic play.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Harooni View Post
                                he is going to throw quicker int's

                                lol

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X