Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone who thinks eli will not flourish in in a west coast offense....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Although Eli Manning has struggled the past couple seasons, I think a lot of folks are missing that he is capable of playing at an exceptional level and his mistakes are mainly confidence and decision making. I think Ben McAdoo will be able to help address those issues. Even if Ben McAdoo wasn't our OC, I think that NY Giants were looking for an OC that had successful experience working with QBs.

Eli Manning was miserable in 2013 and some folks made excuses for him and a lot of us (myself included) were very critical of him, as I think we should've been. It is frustrating because we have seen how good he can be and how he can perform in high pressure situations.

I actually think that the issues that need to be addressed and worked on with Eli Manning aren't too complex and Ben Mcadoo will help get him back to basics and making good decisions again as well as playing with confidence again. I am hoping we see a change reminiscent of the one we saw with Phillip Rivers this season after working with Frank Riech.

Comment

• Not to many comments about how good Eli's Road Playoff record is.. And how so many great all time QBs had very poor Road Records
      I guess the key to this whole thing is to see if Coach Mac can getting him back to winning football, feeling confident in himself again and hopefully back to playoff football.. And hopefully in the Road in playoffs! Lol
      Football has been very, very good to us.
      After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
      But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
      2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
      3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
      4-New York Giants!!!
      5-NE
      Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

• Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
        Not to many comments about how good Eli's Road Playoff record is.. And how so many great all time QBs had very poor Road Records
        I guess the key to this whole thing is to see if Coach Mac can getting him back to winning football, feeling confident in himself again and hopefully back to playoff football.. And hopefully in the Road in playoffs! Lol
        This is a thread about this upcoming season and not past accomplishments.

And I disagree. I prefer we get some home playoff wins next time. ;-)
        Torque it till it breaks, then back off a 1/4 turn.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post

As Michael Strahan stated "the past is the ****ing past. Leave it there."

NY Giants need to look forward.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post

True. You get HF and win one playoff game then your playing your next game for a chance to be in the SB. Much easier Way then winning 3 road games. However having the best road record in the NFL when compared to all those greats has to make any giants fan happy I would think
            After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back

4-New York Giants!!!
            5-NE

Comment

• Originally posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
              As Michael Strahan stated "the past is the ****ing past. Leave it there."

NY Giants need to look forward.
              100000% agree. Its what I've been preaching for some time now. The recent past was outstanding, but its not helping the present, or the future team, one iota. Learn from your success and your mistakes, and take that knowledge forward.
              The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

Comment

• Originally posted by Die-Hard View Post
                100000% agree. Its what I've been preaching for some time now. The recent past was outstanding, but its not helping the present, or the future team, one iota. Learn from your success and your mistakes, and take that knowledge forward.
                the problem is many fans live in the past and take offense to those in the present.

Comment

• Originally posted by Harooni View Post
                  the problem is many fans live in the past and take offense to those in the present.
                  What the problem is depends on what your perspective is. If you have been treated to moments...moments that some people live a lifetime to live and never do...then you learn to appreciate what you have...even savor it.

From my perspective, the problem is that some people are too eager to forget the past and set a bar that might be a bit unreasonable to expect.

Comment

• Originally posted by nygfanmaybe View Post
                    What the problem is depends on what your perspective is. If you have been treated to moments...moments that some people live a lifetime to live and never do...then you learn to appreciate what you have...even savor it.

From my perspective, the problem is that some people are too eager to forget the past and set a bar that might be a bit unreasonable to expect.
                    No one is trying to forget the past. As for setting an unreasonable bar, can you give us an example of what you're talking about? Most, if not all of us, want to see the team play at a more consistent level and reach the playoffs far more often than they have as of late. If that strikes you as unreasonable, then perhaps you have set the bar too low. Wanting a Super Bowl every year is not unreasonable. Expecting one is. There is a huge difference.
                    The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

Comment

• Originally posted by nygfanmaybe View Post

No one wants to, or should forget the past, we have been fortunate as fans to see several SBs. However, as time goes on you have to realize that living in the past does nothing for your present or your future. In the NFL, or business in general, you have to evolve and continue to grow, it is what creates those "past memories" that you will look back on later.
                      My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Comment

• i am not living in the past. i was answering a question of another poster about eli and his record on the Road. when i went to get a link to back it up i was surprised to find out myself that he not only had the best winning percentage of all time but that most of the people we consider QB greats had such lackluster playoff records away from home and i was just pointing it out and thought it would be interesting for all you guys to see that list. I realize we need to look forward and what this thread was about.. and I'm all for it.. was just making a point relax

4-New York Giants!!!
                        5-NE

Comment

Dear God, I cant believe the amount of acute tunnel vision in this thread. In your version of reality, the rings erase every and all mistakes and boneheaded plays that Eli ever made, and have basically granted him complete immunity from criticism and/or negative commentary of any kind.

In the reality that normal people with 20/20 vision live in, the rings were a major high point for all Giants fans, and we'll always be eternally grateful for Eli's contributions to them. However, he still has played at a sub-par level for much of his career, including 2007, and for the money he makes and his years of experience, most feel that he should be playing at a much higher, more consistent level. Rings, MVP awards.....all in the past. They did absolutely nothing to help the team before or after he won them, so...

Please explain how they can possibly be relevant to what the team does going forward, and how those rings and MVP awards should force the team to hold off from pushing Eli with actual competition in the form of another possible starting QB. Take all the time you need. Using the word "hater" in your response will earn you a 1 day ban. Fair warning!
                          What backup QB do you think could push Eli? Does the ban apply to the word " homer "?
                          Engage brain before speaking.

Comment

• Originally posted by speedman View Post
                            What backup QB do you think could push Eli? Does the ban apply to the word " homer "?
                            While I think Die-Hard was a little over the top, your response seems to suggest that no QB current or future could equal Eli. Peyton Manning was pushed out for Luck, Montana pushed out for Young, Simms for Hostetler.... at some point every QB is pushed out for the next, hopefully great, QB.... just like every other position in any sport. That isn't to say that the replacement for Eli is on the roster, but a good team is always looking to improve, at every position. I wouldn't say it is a priority, but if someone that is better than Eli landed in their laps, then I would be all for letting him play.
                            My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Comment

• Originally posted by speedman View Post
                              Obviously that QB is not yet on the roster, which has been my point all along. There has never been a threat behind him, and he has never had any real competition for his job, despite the many mistakes and poor play over the years. I, for one, would like to see how he reacts to having such a thing in place, and whether it would force him to play much smarter and take better care of the football.

I wasn't being serious with the ban threat. Just a joke.

Comment

Obviously that QB is not yet on the roster, which has been my point all along. There has never been a threat behind him, and he has never had any real competition for his job, despite the many mistakes and poor play over the years. I, for one, would like to see how he reacts to having such a thing in place, and whether it would force him to play much smarter and take better care of the football.

I wasn't being serious with the ban threat. Just a joke.
                                LOL at a moderator making ban jokes. That's like a serial killer making death threats jokingly. You're a sick puppy.

Seriously, Nass could be that guy. If Eli throws up another stinker next year I'd be willing to find out.
                                Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Comment

Working...
                                X