Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone who thinks eli will not flourish in in a west coast offense....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm still waiting for that list of teams with QB's with more than 2 SB's. I guess the whole league, besides the Pats, should be looking for a new QB, because at the end of the day you can throw all those other stats out the window. A fan just wants his team to win, and the Giants have a better average since Eli has been around then just about all other teams.

We wouldn't be having this discussion at all if people here realized how fortunate they are to have him rather than looking to replace him...and not seeing what is really going on.

The only thing I will give you is that his salary does hamper their ability to put quality on the field, but the Pats and Broncos aren't having that problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue_Cusen View Post
      A few thoughts (my feelings about Eli put aside).

Most fans have been crying for years that Eli is best in the 2 minute or hurry up offense and now we think he'll stink in an up-tempo offense?

I can't see the Giants benching any player they are paying 20 million dollars. Just can't see it.

Sooner or later he will be done. Simms career ended before it should have.

And on THAT note, I have a feeling when Eli is done we will miss him as much as Phil, unless we are very fortunate.
      It sure does bite that all that money is being spent, without seeing a good dividend lately. Oh well, let's hope his "stock" rally's and he trends upward next season.

Comment

No clue how he's going to do with this new system but I'd like to believe he can't possibly be any worse than last year

Comment

Originally posted by Razur View Post
          The Giants organization, has plans to get to another SB, as all the NFL teams aspire to. Hate to break it to you, but Manning isn't the only QB that can get us there, and possibly win SB MVP's. His record speaks for itself. In SB's to which the TEAM gets credit for being in, he has played at a level that showed moments of brilliance, and was recognized and awarded as such. In regular season, he has shown even more moments of terrible performances. His record is what is. If Manning can adjust to this new offense, the new OC and perform like the guy in the SB's, he may yet achieve even another MVP. But as of late, that guy hasn't been on the field. And although its nice to reminisce about the "good old days", that's pretty much left for Eli, coaches the owners, and their families to really relish, as fans, who live in EACH season, we are not buying tickets to games to watch tape of days gone by. Eli earned his award, and he has earned the criticism he now faces.
          Well said.
          Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Originally posted by nygfanmaybe View Post
            I'm still waiting for that list of teams with QB's with more than 2 SB's. I guess the whole league, besides the Pats, should be looking for a new QB, because at the end of the day you can throw all those other stats out the window. A fan just wants his team to win, and the Giants have a better average since Eli has been around then just about all other teams.

We wouldn't be having this discussion at all if people here realized how fortunate they are to have him rather than looking to replace him...and not seeing what is really going on.

The only thing I will give you is that his salary does hamper their ability to put quality on the field, but the Pats and Broncos aren't having that problem.
            You will wait awhile because there aren't many... and because the assertion that the QB alone is responsible for SB wins is ludicrous. Your argument that we should be happy with Eli's past performances is fair, but many would counter that by reminding you how great the defense was during the playoffs and in shutting down one of the most prolific offenses in recent memory. The defense was arguably a bigger factor in beating the Pats twice than the offense was.

Are we fortunate to have had Eli, no question. We were also fortunate to have Simms, but I don't want him starting next year. I am not anti-Eli, and I have faith he can bounce back under the new system. I have faith because he has shown in the past that he can do well in an up-tempo offense, and because I believe that the system and O-line issues were significant factors in his performance last year.

I support Eli because I believe he can help us win in the future, not because he helped us win in the past. Should it turn out he isn't the best option to win now, then I have no problem with putting in someone else. It's the nature of the NFL.
            My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Comment

Originally posted by nygfanmaybe View Post

I'll show you that list if you can produce proof that anyone in this thread directly stated that they wanted Eli gone, or that he hasn't been a part of the success of the team in recent years. You are entirely too hung up on the past, and when you insist on bringing up past Super Bowls, you undermine any argument you bring to the table.
              The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

Comment

Originally posted by Die-Hard View Post
                I'll show you that list if you can produce proof that anyone in this thread directly stated that they wanted Eli gone, or that he hasn't been a part of the success of the team in recent years. You are entirely too hung up on the past, and when you insist on bringing up past Super Bowls, you undermine any argument you bring to the table.
                because...?

Edit: I am fascinated by the argument, not saying it's completely wrong. (now see below)
                Last edited by Delicreep; 01-18-2014, 01:13 PM.
                Every single day I log onto this message board thinking i've seen it all, every single day I am wrong...NYGiants2120

Comment

Originally posted by brad View Post
                  You will wait awhile because there aren't many... and because the assertion that the QB alone is responsible for SB wins is ludicrous. Your argument that we should be happy with Eli's past performances is fair, but many would counter that by reminding you how great the defense was during the playoffs and in shutting down one of the most prolific offenses in recent memory. The defense was arguably a bigger factor in beating the Pats twice than the offense was.

Are we fortunate to have had Eli, no question. We were also fortunate to have Simms, but I don't want him starting next year. I am not anti-Eli, and I have faith he can bounce back under the new system. I have faith because he has shown in the past that he can do well in an up-tempo offense, and because I believe that the system and O-line issues were significant factors in his performance last year.

I support Eli because I believe he can help us win in the future, not because he helped us win in the past. Should it turn out he isn't the best option to win now, then I have no problem with putting in someone else. It's the nature of the NFL.
                  See..I'm saying it's a snake eating itself kinda thing.

The only reason you have that faith now is precisely because of what happened in the past.

Wipe out those two SB wins, and I suspect nobody would be discussing this at all - Eli wouldn't even be here!!

I agree with you that it is not enough for a blank check forever, but you also have to see how it is part of all of our thinking - it's just valued more by some.
                  Every single day I log onto this message board thinking i've seen it all, every single day I am wrong...NYGiants2120

Comment

Originally posted by brad View Post

Well said.

Comment

Originally posted by Delicreep View Post
                      See..I'm saying it's a snake eating itself kinda thing.

The only reason you have that faith now is precisely because of what happened in the past.

Wipe out those two SB wins, and I suspect nobody would be discussing this at all - Eli wouldn't even be here!!

I agree with you that it is not enough for a blank check forever, but you also have to see how it is part of all of our thinking - it's just valued more by some.
                      He's not discrediting what Eli has done in the past, he's saying Eli going forward will be the factor in our success, not what he did years ago..and I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                        Well said.

I watch no college football other than Cornell, and honestly in reading your mock draft, I had to google them to see if you were just making up names.

Comment

He's not discrediting what Eli has done in the past, he's saying Eli going forward will be the factor in our success, not what he did years ago..and I agree.
                          I'm more or less with him (and you); I'm just saying that the only reason anyone has any faith is the past.

Delete that, and you got to strain to find something to hold onto

Comment

Originally posted by Delicreep View Post
                            I watch no college football other than Cornell, and honestly in reading your mock draft, I had to google them to see if you were just making up names.
                            It's from a funny video on You Tube. Search Key and Peele East West game.

My good friend goes to Cornell. She's a senior.

Comment

Originally posted by Razur View Post
                              The Giants organization, has plans to get to another SB, as all the NFL teams aspire to. Hate to break it to you, but Manning isn't the only QB that can get us there, and possibly win SB MVP's. His record speaks for itself. In SB's to which the TEAM gets credit for being in, he has played at a level that showed moments of brilliance, and was recognized and awarded as such. In regular season, he has shown even more moments of terrible performances. His record is what is. If Manning can adjust to this new offense, the new OC and perform like the guy in the SB's, he may yet achieve even another MVP. But as of late, that guy hasn't been on the field. And although its nice to reminisce about the "good old days", that's pretty much left for Eli, coaches the owners, and their families to really relish, as fans, who live in EACH season, we are not buying tickets to games to watch tape of days gone by. Eli earned his award, and he has earned the criticism he now faces.
                              Truth bomb

Comment

It's from a funny video on You Tube. Search Key and Peele East West game.

My good friend goes to Cornell. She's a senior.
                                No kidding...I never left. Still live in Ithaca

Comment

Working...
                                X