Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone who thinks eli will not flourish in in a west coast offense....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
    It's from a funny video on You Tube. Search Key and Peele East West game.



    My good friend goes to Cornell. She's a senior.
    One of my all time favorite comedy skits.....production, characters.....totally brilliant !

    Comment


    • #47
      The thing that rattled my chain this morning was when I read that Die Hard was surprised that management has not given Eli a reason to look over his shoulder, even though a team lead by him wins the SB 20% of the time. I don't think anyone besides Brady can say that.

      Edit---...and, oh, btw...I think JR drafted Nassib for that very reason...along with the fact that teams like SF and Seattle are winning with QB's that have a much smaller salary...freeng up money for other big names.
      Last edited by GCGiant; 01-18-2014, 01:29 PM.

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by Delicreep View Post
        No kidding...I never left. Still live in Ithaca
        Beautiful place.
        Mood: WOOF!

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by Razur View Post
          One of my all time favorite comedy skits.....production, characters.....totally brilliant !
          Haha right?
          Mood: WOOF!

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by Delicreep View Post
            See..I'm saying it's a snake eating itself kinda thing.

            The only reason you have that faith now is precisely because of what happened in the past.

            Wipe out those two SB wins, and I suspect nobody would be discussing this at all - Eli wouldn't even be here!!

            I agree with you that it is not enough for a blank check forever, but you also have to see how it is part of all of our thinking - it's just valued more by some.
            In part because of what he has done in the past, but also because I believe he is STILL a very capable player. It is a factor, but not the deciding factor. I am not against your premise, but your argument is based solely on giving him all the credit for those SB wins, and that is flawed.

            If you believe that the only reason Eli is still on the team is due to those two SBs, then you may want to reconsider your faith in Eli... If you look at the games in their entirety, Eli and the offense weren't exactly stellar. They played well enough to win, but were by no means dominant, that word would be reserved for the defense. What the defense pulled off, twice, against Tom Brady and the Pats offensive machine was a borderline miracle.

            I am not necessarily disagreeing with you, just asking that you expand your argument to look at what he brings to the table now.
            My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by nygfanmaybe View Post
              The thing that rattled my chain this morning was when I read that Die Hard was surprised that management has not given Eli a reason to look over his shoulder, even though a team lead by him wins the SB 20% of the time. I don't think anyone besides Brady can say that.

              Edit---...and, oh, btw...I think JR drafted Nassib for that very reason...along with the fact that teams like SF and Seattle are winning with QB's that have a much smaller salary...freeng up money for other big names.
              Realistically, once Eli got the first big contract, there is a very legitimate question about how much currency and manpower you can tie up for one position.

              It should go without saying, but we have been very lucky in all this.
              eli acted a little spoiled , he isnt a team player. he cares about his career only as he did during the 2004 draft. he did not mentor webb …Harooni

              i have to look it up i think a few starting qb's have sat out a few games once eliminated…Harooni

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by brad View Post
                What the defense pulled off, twice, against Tom Brady and the Pats offensive machine was a borderline miracle.

                I am not necessarily disagreeing with you, just asking that you expand your argument to look at what he brings to the table now.
                Another way of saying, "What have you done for me lately?"

                I wonder if the Saints are going to prepare for life after Brees...I mean...what has he done for them lately? I sure hope Peyton wins it all this year, or the Broncos might need to start looking.

                It just irritates the crap out of me that you see a season full of people flattening, chasing, hurrying, no holes for running...and it's all Eli.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by brad View Post
                  In part because of what he has done in the past, but also because I believe he is STILL a very capable player. It is a factor, but not the deciding factor. I am not against your premise, but your argument is based solely on giving him all the credit for those SB wins, and that is flawed.

                  If you believe that the only reason Eli is still on the team is due to those two SBs, then you may want to reconsider your faith in Eli... If you look at the games in their entirety, Eli and the offense weren't exactly stellar. They played well enough to win, but were by no means dominant, that word would be reserved for the defense. What the defense pulled off, twice, against Tom Brady and the Pats offensive machine was a borderline miracle.

                  I am not necessarily disagreeing with you, just asking that you expand your argument to look at what he brings to the table now.
                  I wasn't trying to say it was all that matters; I was trying to say it has to be a factor in how you look at the guy.

                  What I was really tying to point out was that some people say that they don't matter at all, and I just can't wrap my head around how that makes any sense whatsoever.

                  Wanna crazy thought? I could argue that bringing in a new OC and a new system when you have a QB who has 2 years left on a contract could easily be seen as strong sign that the organization is thinking of looking in a different direction. Add a new QB already being drafted, and you could argue that the organization is looking to do this very quietly.
                  eli acted a little spoiled , he isnt a team player. he cares about his career only as he did during the 2004 draft. he did not mentor webb …Harooni

                  i have to look it up i think a few starting qb's have sat out a few games once eliminated…Harooni

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by nygfanmaybe View Post
                    Another way of saying, "What have you done for me lately?"

                    I wonder if the Saints are going to prepare for life after Brees...I mean...what has he done for them lately? I sure hope Peyton wins it all this year, or the Broncos might need to start looking.

                    It just irritates the crap out of me that you see a season full of people flattening, chasing, hurrying, no holes for running...and it's all Eli.

                    Not so much "what have you done for me lately" as "what will you do for me in the future". You may not like it, but it is the reality in the NFL, and in any business. If Brees had a year like Eli just did, and NO wasn't at least considering the possibility that they may need to replace him, they would be foolish. You don't pay a guy because he won you a SB, you pay him because he can help you win another one.

                    If you took my posts as suggesting that it was all Eli's fault, I ask you to go back and read them again. It wasn't all Eli, but certainly part of it was on him. The premise of everything that I said is that I still believe he is capable of helping us win in the future, base primarily on my belief that the system compounded the O-line problems and made it nearly impossible for Eli to play at a high level. If we kept players because they helped us win in the past, we never would have drafted Eli, Simms and Hostetler would still be our QBs.
                    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by Delicreep View Post
                      I wasn't trying to say it was all that matters; I was trying to say it has to be a factor in how you look at the guy.

                      What I was really tying to point out was that some people say that they don't matter at all, and I just can't wrap my head around how that makes any sense whatsoever.

                      Wanna crazy thought? I could argue that bringing in a new OC and a new system when you have a QB who has 2 years left on a contract could easily be seen as strong sign that the organization is thinking of looking in a different direction. Add a new QB already being drafted, and you could argue that the organization is looking to do this very quietly.
                      I think you and I pretty much agree... I was trying to point out why so many disagreed with you.
                      My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by brad View Post
                        You don't pay a guy because he won you a SB, you pay him because he can help you win another one.

                        .
                        No...that is not how it works. Eli got paid because of what he did...not what he is gonna do. If he doesn't win, he may not even be here still, like mentioned earlier. They base his worth on his production. FACT!

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          I faith that Eli will bounce back.
                          if he doesn't then his career is done....
                          pretty simple
                          "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                          You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by nygfanmaybe View Post
                            No...that is not how it works. Eli got paid because of what he did...not what he is gonna do. If he doesn't win, he may not even be here still, like mentioned earlier. They base his worth on his production. FACT!
                            OK... let's call that a fact. Based on his production last year, he shouldn't be paid at all. Expanding on that, Tuck should get whatever he wants to stay, because he was also a part of two SBs. You have essentially just said that those few that feel Eli should be traded or benched are correct. Personally, I don't agree with that.
                            My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by nygfanmaybe View Post
                              No...that is not how it works. Eli got paid because of what he did...not what he is gonna do. If he doesn't win, he may not even be here still, like mentioned earlier. They base his worth on his production. FACT!
                              So would it be smart to keep extending him based on what he did in the past?
                              Mood: WOOF!

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                                I faith that Eli will bounce back.
                                if he doesn't then his career is done....
                                pretty simple
                                I can buy into this. If he gets time to throw, and the running game is producing, and he is still throwing the ball at the wrong people, then it just may be over. However, I'm putting my money on a proven winner.

                                I have gone to bat for Eli in the past, and he didn't let me down, and I am not gonna back away from that horse now. I can't wait to see how the backtracking is gonna sound when it does happen.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X