Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone who thinks eli will not flourish in in a west coast offense....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ThatNiCcA56 View Post
    What doesn't make sense about it?? His response was that Eli has been faltering for years and never has to look over his shoulder. This year he was terrible but its one bad year. Hes won us 2 rings in the last 6 years how many qb's in that timeframe can say that? None. If he's half as bad next year then ill get on him also, but lets see what he does first. It's funny how peoples short-term memory is around here. Hes a 2 time super bowl MVP for our team lets give this guy the benefit of the doubt.
    You need to read the entire discussion.... no one is ripping on Eli, in fact both Rudyy and I have been supportive of him. What we are saying is that we are supportive because we believe that with a new system and O-line that he will do well. What we some take exception to is that we don't believe his past performance is the sole reason to keep him, unless you think he can bounce back and play at that level again, keeping him makes no sense. We were being told that you have to keep and pay him because he won in the past, we are saying you keep him because of what we believe he will do.
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Comment

• Originally posted by jomo View Post
      Rosey, you are right for the thoughtful ones here but there are some who begin and end with dumping on Eli........blindly of course.

go Blue!!
      Hi Jomo, the thing is I don't pay those any attention. The post or poster must be credible otherwise I pay it no attention. But of course I do have a bit of a problem fighting the extremists amongst us as you well know. ;-)
      Torque it till it breaks, then back off a 1/4 turn.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
        I'm not suggesting Eli sucks and will never recover. Quite the opposite. Everyone who has said Eli is regressing should be laughed upon.
        What I am not understanding is you should pay a QB for past performance AND future performance.
        I absolutely agree. I never mentioned his contract. I was just responding to somebody else's post. If they extend him this off-season to free up money I wouldn't be upset. If they wait till next year and he's bad again this year then I'd definitely think about doing something at the qb position.

Comment

• Originally posted by brad View Post
          You need to read the entire discussion.... no one is ripping on Eli, in fact both Rudyy and I have been supportive of him. What we are saying is that we are supportive because we believe that with a new system and O-line that he will do well. What we some take exception to is that we don't believe his past performance is the sole reason to keep him, unless you think he can bounce back and play at that level again, keeping him makes no sense. We were being told that you have to keep and pay him because he won in the past, we are saying you keep him because of what we believe he will do.
          I know and I wasn't disagreeing with u guys. I just responded to one post. Read my post before and I basically agree with u and Rudy.

Comment

I absolutely agree. I never mentioned his contract. I was just responding to somebody else's post. If they extend him this off-season to free up money I wouldn't be upset. If they wait till next year and he's bad again this year then I'd definitely think about doing something at the qb position.
            If they do renegotiate to a lesser amount, IT WILL BE BECAUSE OF WHAT HAPPENED IN THE PAST!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by nygfanmaybe View Post
              No...that is not how it works. Eli got paid because of what he did...not what he is gonna do. If he doesn't win, he may not even be here still, like mentioned earlier. They base his worth on his production. FACT!
              Originally posted by nygfanmaybe View Post
              When did I say that they don't consider their future.The problem is that they can't say....let's say for an example...Eli just won a SB, and according to you they could have said, "Well, we don't think you are going to be able to duplicate that, so we are going to lessen your salary." It has never happened.

I suggested that they do look at the future and make a plan, they just don't use the future to negotiate a guys contract.
              Right here.
              Mood: WOOF!

Comment

I never had an original point, I just questioned a couple of guys comments and called BS.
                When you call out BS, you are trying to make a point.

Comment

Right here.
                  You never answered my question as to why Eli got such a big contract. Was it because they thought he was gonna win...or he just did?

Comment

When you call out BS, you are trying to make a point.
                    Nope, just calling BS. My point is that their comments are BS.

Comment

When did I say that they don't consider their future. The problem is that they can't say....let's say for an example...Eli just won a SB, and according to you they could have said, "Well, we don't think you are going to be able to duplicate that, so we are going to lessen your salary." It has never happened.

I suggested that they do look at the future and make a plan, they just don't use the future to negotiate a guys contract.
                      No, they can't say "we are going to lessen your salary", but they can move in a different direction. It has happened to many players on many teams throughout NFL history. The Rams let Warner go, SF let Montana go... even the Giants moved on from Simms to Hostetler (bad choice IMO).

It seems to me that you jumped into the middle of a discussion without reading the whole thing, then made statements that made no sense to the rest of us because they were out of context.
                      My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Comment

You never answered my question as to why Eli got such a big contract. Was it because they thought he was gonna win...or he just did?
                        Both

Comment

Eli got a big contract because Eli won a SB and was/is expected to be a franchise QB.

Comment

• Originally posted by brad View Post
                            Both
                            Well...they were right!!

Comment

Nope, just calling BS. My point is that their comments are BS.
                              Now you just made my point about you having a point.

Comment

Do us a favor and don't compare Eli to Dilfer. That should be a smack to all giant fans. First off Eli has helped us win 2 super bowls and has had 2 game winning drives. Dilfer was a qb on a team that had arguably the greatest D in history. Bad comparison!
                                I wasn't comparing the 2 QBs as individuals but comparing their situations and that basically any NFL quality QB can win with the right supporting cast, so you see that it wasn't a bad comparison now that you understand what I was saying

Comment

Working...
                                X