Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My take on Beason..agree or disagree...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Like everything it comes down to the price tag. If someone with money comes in with a need at MLB, the Vikings for example, they can easily offer him 7m/yr and that prices NY out of the market. I think that the number is between 3.5m-5m per year with 150% APY guaranteed. Beyond that the number of years and structure is all window dressing.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Tony Bruno View Post
      100 tackles in 12 games makes him one of the best LBs we have had in awhile... Dude is a tackling machine... I don't care about his past injuries b/c he didn't get hurt here...

      This D was on the verge of sinking in the abyss until he came here... Couple leading the team in tackles, new scheme, and the turn around this d had when ge got here puts him high on the resign list...
      absolutely agree...

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Tony Bruno View Post
        100 tackles in 12 games makes him one of the best LBs we have had in awhile... Dude is a tackling machine... I don't care about his past injuries b/c he didn't get hurt here...

        This D was on the verge of sinking in the abyss until he came here... Couple leading the team in tackles, new scheme, and the turn around this d had when ge got here puts him high on the resign list...
        Amen Brother !!!
        1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

        Osi Umenyiora : " There's Nothing Like Being a NY GIANT ! "

        Comment


        • #34
          At the right price, I would love to see Beason back

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
            Yea. I am fine with not bringing him back if he wants substantial money.

            He's not nearly the player so many here think he is.
            It's an understandable illusion.

            He not only gets other players in the right places, he get's himself in the right place too.
            Every single day I log onto this message board thinking i've seen it all, every single day I am wrong...NYGiants2120

            Comment


            • #36
              He's not worth more than 3yr 7 mill. Stickin to it

              Comment


              • #37
                I really don't know his history. Has he always been bad in coverage? From some of his past quotes, it seems he wasn't in his best condition when he joined us. He talked about being happy to have a full off season to get in shape. Maybe he comes back quicker and stronger. I'd like to see him back. Hope he agrees to a reasonable dollar amount.

                Oh I forgot ... can we please stop with the "Eli must restructure" line already. As has been pointed out many times already, that's how we got in this mess to begin with. We have plenty of other places to cut for cap room. Eli may do a new contract, but If he doesn't he earned what he's getting. The FO is the reason for his hit at $20 mil to our cap.
                Last edited by GiantRoc; 01-21-2014, 11:48 PM.
                # 80 (For FBomb)

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by iansmitty631 View Post
                  if the giants dont resign him, i cannot tell you how dissapointed i will be with the front office. I have faith in Reese but sometimes i feel like he tries to hard. . Go with the numbers for once. he lets our TEs go, when they produced above average numbers, clicked with Eli and were huge reasons for our success. and i bet you now he keeps the worst one over the last 5 years (meyers). Beason came in and totally changed this defense and made them a top 10 defense when they were getting SMOKED the first 4 games. They couldnt stop anyone. Re structure Elis contract because its the #1 contract vs the cap by any player, and give beason whatever it is he wants (obviously there comes a point where u say no but there is no ay beason goes that high) hes a game changer.
                  If Beason is not re-signed, Reese will need to hide out in an abandoned windmill with Frankenstein and the Wolf Man.
                  "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

                  "Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    people keep saying things like they would only take Beason back at the right price and then watch the team keep paying big bucks to guys who don't do much at all to justify their paychecks. Beason came in here and solidified our defense this year and showed us all what we've been missing at that position , I don't understand the reasoning, after all we've been giving Eli tons of money for under achieving for the last 2 years and nobody seems to complain about that...

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by JesseJames View Post
                      people keep saying things like they would only take Beason back at the right price and then watch the team keep paying big bucks to guys who don't do much at all to justify their paychecks. Beason came in here and solidified our defense this year and showed us all what we've been missing at that position , I don't understand the reasoning, after all we've been giving Eli tons of money for under achieving for the last 2 years and nobody seems to complain about that...
                      I think several contracts like Eli Manning are exactly why many fans don't want to see Reese break the bank on Beason. Kiwi, Webster, Snee. . .they all seemed like great deals for the team at the time of the signing. Then they have one (or zero) productive years and become a cap liability for several more.

                      Do you think we should outbid the top bidder for Beason at any cost? Or is there a limit to how far Reese should go?

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by JesseJames View Post
                        people keep saying things like they would only take Beason back at the right price and then watch the team keep paying big bucks to guys who don't do much at all to justify their paychecks. Beason came in here and solidified our defense this year and showed us all what we've been missing at that position , I don't understand the reasoning, after all we've been giving Eli tons of money for under achieving for the last 2 years and nobody seems to complain about that...
                        fans are over stating things, he did well, but remember him in coverage and also how complacent he was in Carolina, we do want him back , but it cant be a deal we are looking back 2 years from now going wth is he taking up so much cap room. a deal like 4mil per is not chump change.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by JesseJames View Post
                          people keep saying things like they would only take Beason back at the right price and then watch the team keep paying big bucks to guys who don't do much at all to justify their paychecks. Beason came in here and solidified our defense this year and showed us all what we've been missing at that position , I don't understand the reasoning, after all we've been giving Eli tons of money for under achieving for the last 2 years and nobody seems to complain about that...
                          Nobody complains about that??? What threads have you been reading??
                          #80

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
                            Nobody complains about that??? What threads have you been reading??
                            lol, I mention it alone 30 times on the Daily!!

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by RagTime Blue View Post
                              I think several contracts like Eli Manning are exactly why many fans don't want to see Reese break the bank on Beason. Kiwi, Webster, Snee. . .they all seemed like great deals for the team at the time of the signing. Then they have one (or zero) productive years and become a cap liability for several more.

                              Do you think we should outbid the top bidder for Beason at any cost? Or is there a limit to how far Reese should go?


                              Beason has told the media that he wants to stay with the Giants so for Reese thats half the battle right there and if Reese is as good as advertised he should be able to find a way to keep Beason...

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
                                Nobody complains about that??? What threads have you been reading??
                                I see very few threads complaining about the money Eli is being paid, most of these threads say he is a franchise QB, ( i don't really understand what the hell that is } and that Eli is worth every penny....

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X