Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My take on Beason..agree or disagree...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by JesseJames View Post
    Beason has told the media that he wants to stay with the Giants so for Reese thats half the battle right there and if Reese is as good as advertised he should be able to find a way to keep Beason...
    I think that what Beason means is NOT that he'll take less money to play here. What player would do that on perhaps his LAST chance to get a big contract?

    More likely, he'll give JR a chance to match whatever other offer he gets.

    So I ask the question to you again. . .Do we become the top bidder for Beason, no matter what other teams are offering? Or is there a limit?

    Comment


    • #47
      I think you let Beason test the market. I doubt he gets any large offers.

      Comment


      • #48
        I think the Giants front office knows way more than anyone of us on these boards. We can complain all we want...they are gonna do what they feel is best...not what we feel is best.
        NEW YORK FOOTBALL GIANTS!!! 8X WORLD CHAMPS!

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by JesseJames View Post
          people keep saying things like they would only take Beason back at the right price and then watch the team keep paying big bucks to guys who don't do much at all to justify their paychecks. Beason came in here and solidified our defense this year and showed us all what we've been missing at that position , I don't understand the reasoning, after all we've been giving Eli tons of money for under achieving for the last 2 years and nobody seems to complain about that...
          Part of the reason why the Giants have been up against the cap for the last few years is because they were handing out massive contracts to players who weren't justifying them. That's why people keep using the 'right price' about Beason. Beason was a stud for the Giants, but he also suffered a major injury after the Panthers made him the highest paid MLB in the league in 2011 and in 2013 he was traded to the Giants for a 7th round pick. So, the Giants can't afford to break the bank for him after he only played for less than a season.

          And while Eli has underachieved for the last two years, he has helped the Giants win two championships. True, he needs to stop being so inconsistent. Hopefully, McAdoo will help with that by taking him out of his comfort zone. But the Giants are probably going to have to address Eli's contract too to give themselves some more breathing room with the cap. And the reason why Eli was making $20 million in 2013 was because of the times the Giants asked him to restructure his contract to save money in the past because of all the bloated contracts they had.
          One of these teams is not like the others

          sigpic

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by RagTime Blue View Post
            I think that what Beason means is NOT that he'll take less money to play here. What player would do that on perhaps his LAST chance to get a big contract?

            More likely, he'll give JR a chance to match whatever other offer he gets.

            So I ask the question to you again. . .Do we become the top bidder for Beason, no matter what other teams are offering? Or is there a limit?
            since I'm not the GM and just a football fan my answer is that I would do whatever it takes to keep Beason short of screwing the team up to do it as we have done with players now on the roster but as I said before smart GMs can always find a way to work things out for a player they want to keep

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by kingcap88 View Post
              Part of the reason why the Giants have been up against the cap for the last few years is because they were handing out massive contracts to players who weren't justifying them. That's why people keep using the 'right price' about Beason. Beason was a stud for the Giants, but he also suffered a major injury after the Panthers made him the highest paid MLB in the league in 2011 and in 2013 he was traded to the Giants for a 7th round pick. So, the Giants can't afford to break the bank for him after he only played for less than a season.

              And while Eli has underachieved for the last two years, he has helped the Giants win two championships. True, he needs to stop being so inconsistent. Hopefully, McAdoo will help with that by taking him out of his comfort zone. But the Giants are probably going to have to address Eli's contract too to give themselves some more breathing room with the cap. And the reason why Eli was making $20 million in 2013 was because of the times the Giants asked him to restructure his contract to save money in the past because of all the bloated contracts they had.
              I agree that the team has handed out far too many bloated contracts and is now living in hell because of it and now its time to clear out all the dead wood so we have some cap room for players who can actually help the team.

              Comment


              • #52
                The Giants are going to get him at a low price or not at all. I loved the player, but LBs do not make our defence go. It will always be the DEs and DTs. No big money in LBs please, keep that cash free for more important positions.

                I think he will resign at a fair deal, not an in-demand player but fits what the Giants look for at LB

                Comment


                • #53
                  You would have to be flat out STUPID not to make it a Priority to bring back the guy that finally fixed a position we been struggling to fix since Antonio Peirce retired.

                  Fans to often want guy to sign for cheap to their favorite team...sorry but that is selfish on the fans part especially when we are talking about a sport in which Contracts are not Guaranteed and guys are just a bad play away from probably a Career Ending Injury (GOD FORBID!)

                  We traded for Beason, he came in a helped turn this Defense around along with Will Hill return from Suspension to have a Breakout Season, why shouldn't we re-sign him? If it takes a little more money than you anticipated...so be it!

                  It is strange how this forum works sometimes and how fans B!TCH about "WE NEED A MLB" so now that we get one you don't want to pay the guy? OK let him walk and lets go back to Herz. just don't go crying next season about "WE NEED A MLB"

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by Sicko View Post
                    You would have to be flat out STUPID not to make it a Priority to bring back the guy that finally fixed a position we been struggling to fix since Antonio Peirce retired.

                    Fans to often want guy to sign for cheap to their favorite team...sorry but that is selfish on the fans part especially when we are talking about a sport in which Contracts are not Guaranteed and guys are just a bad play away from probably a Career Ending Injury (GOD FORBID!)

                    We traded for Beason, he came in a helped turn this Defense around along with Will Hill return from Suspension to have a Breakout Season, why shouldn't we re-sign him? If it takes a little more money than you anticipated...so be it!

                    It is strange how this forum works sometimes and how fans B!TCH about "WE NEED A MLB" so now that we get one you don't want to pay the guy? OK let him walk and lets go back to Herz. just don't go crying next season about "WE NEED A MLB"
                    I couldn't agree more. Its the thinking that the MLB is not important to this D, that had it sucking so bad in recent years. Not only did his physical ability help the team, but his mental ability did even more so. Recognition, positioning and intensity all improved dramatically upon his arrival. Can we get in a huge bidding war for him? No, but we can't try to go so cheap we lose him. We have big needs on OL, but I think Beason on D makes this team play to a higher level than their pay scale. (Especially since I think we will be dropping a couple big contracts on D).
                    Last edited by GiantRoc; 01-22-2014, 09:39 PM.
                    # 80 (For FBomb)

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X