No announcement yet.

My take on Beason..agree or disagree...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My take on Beason..agree or disagree...

if the giants dont resign him, i cannot tell you how dissapointed i will be with the front office. I have faith in Reese but sometimes i feel like he tries to hard. . Go with the numbers for once. he lets our TEs go, when they produced above average numbers, clicked with Eli and were huge reasons for our success. and i bet you now he keeps the worst one over the last 5 years (meyers). Beason came in and totally changed this defense and made them a top 10 defense when they were getting SMOKED the first 4 games. They couldnt stop anyone. Re structure Elis contract because its the #1 contract vs the cap by any player, and give beason whatever it is he wants (obviously there comes a point where u say no but there is no ay beason goes that high) hes a game changer.

A year ago, people were saying to give JPP and Nicks "whatever they want".

I have faith that if Beason goes elsewhere, JR really thought the value wasn't there.

Comment

Originally posted by RagTime Blue View Post
      A year ago, people were saying to give JPP and Nicks "whatever they want".

I have faith that if Beason goes elsewhere, JR really thought the value wasn't there.
      they gave a 7th round pick for him and he played like a WELL above average MLB. of he played all year, might have had probowl numbers. matter of fact, his numbers with missing 5 or so games was up there with the best ones in the game that played all 16 games. he was well worth a 7th rounder. and his play warrants him a new contract. he is without a doubt our best LB and he happens to be the QB of the defense

Comment

Originally posted by iansmitty631 View Post
        they gave a 7th round pick for him and he played like a WELL above average MLB. of he played all year, might have had probowl numbers. matter of fact, his numbers with missing 5 or so games was up there with the best ones in the game that played all 16 games. he was well worth a 7th rounder. and his play warrants him a new contract. he is without a doubt our best LB and he happens to be the QB of the defense
        So in your view, whatever any other team offers him, we should top?

Comment

beasons deficiency in the pass game will become a point of argument on these boards if he sticks around, i hope he does and hes a monster vs the run but against the pass he is questionable. theres ways to scheme around that though.

Comment

Originally posted by RagTime Blue View Post
            So in your view, whatever any other team offers him, we should top?
            i wrote in my first pos"...(obviously there comes a point where u say no but there is no ay beason goes that high).."
            so no. i would say if ts less then 5 million a year, yes. i would say most teams wont offer him much. if the panthers accepted a 7th rounder for him, they must have thought that he had nothing left in the tank...did not seem like that to me. under 5mill a year and he should stay. if the giants offer 3 mill, and he says no i want 4.5, they better not let him walk. pay the money and call it a day.

Comment

I hope the guy stays, and I think he will for a reasonable price. He wants to be here and we want him to be here.

That doesn't mean we should stop scouting young LB's for the future. A guy like Kuechly or Sean Lee (when healthy) should always be our future goal.

Comment

It will be about the dollars plain and simple. Will he accept a 4 year deal in the neighborhood of 4 mil per year? If so he stays...

Comment

i have a different view, do not throw everything at him. offer a decent deal. as example given by Cap chaos. We have to understand we didnt have a starter for his position so of course he comes in and improves it. however he didnt make the starting lineup in carolina. so we have to becareful that he doesnt get paid and fall back in his comfort zone. also to add he could be better in coverage.

Comment

Originally posted by Harooni View Post
                    i have a different view, do not throw everything at him. offer a decent deal. as example given by Cap chaos. We have to understand we didnt have a starter for his position so of course he comes in and improves it. however he didnt make the starting lineup in carolina. so we have to becareful that he doesnt get paid and fall back in his comfort zone. also to add he could be better in coverage.
                    This starting lineup in Carolina thing is really overblown. He didn't play a position that is completely wrong for him, so what. He's a MLB, that position was covered in Carolina, and Beason isn't a backup.

Comment

I think the Beason situation has the potential to be a lose, lose situation for Reese. Beason came in and improved one of the worse LB cores in the history of the NFL. Many people could do that. But everyone wants him to stay, we need him to stay. If Reese doesn't re sign him everyone will be bashing him. If Reese re signs him and his knee shatters into a million pieces the first preseason game next year everyone will be bashing him for that. I would def like Beason to stay, but I personally don't feel he is worth as much as what a lot of others feel he is. Mainly due to the risk factor of his injuries.

Comment

I think Reese's job is a lot more secure than people believe it to be. So I don't think he'll be pressured by public opinion at all.

Comment

Beason was great for us, but I am not breaking the bank for a guy who is below average in pass protection and has a long injury history. I hope he is back, but we have a salary cap.

Comment

As much as I want Beason to stay, the Giants can't break the bank for him if he prices himself out of New York. But if Beason walks they have to draft a REAL LB to offset the loss of Beason. If nothing else, Beason's impact should have shown everybody, especially JR, that they need some good LBs on that team.
                            One of these teams is not like the others

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by iansmitty631 View Post
                              if the giants dont resign him, i cannot tell you how dissapointed i will be with the front office. I have faith in Reese but sometimes i feel like he tries to hard. . Go with the numbers for once. he lets our TEs go, when they produced above average numbers, clicked with Eli and were huge reasons for our success. and i bet you now he keeps the worst one over the last 5 years (meyers). Beason came in and totally changed this defense and made them a top 10 defense when they were getting SMOKED the first 4 games. They couldnt stop anyone. Re structure Elis contract because its the #1 contract vs the cap by any player, and give beason whatever it is he wants (obviously there comes a point where u say no but there is no ay beason goes that high) hes a game changer.
                              You cant have the Best D and best O... At this point the organization has jumped both feet into an O sided team... I'm afraid the Giants will always prioritize a DE or WR then a LB (under JR)...

I agree with you though... I think he needs to stay and Eli needs to re structure as HE really played like crap... I know he is a world champ but he has gotten paid well for doing so...

Otherwise, teams will want Beason and it comes down to how far apart the #'s are... We know JR has let guys walk before for ridiculous amounts... I think Beason is one they will try and keep though...
                              Go Giants!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X