No announcement yet.

Nicks.. Gut feeling

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also, I love how some are so sure that Eli is the most at fault for Nicks season, but automatically strike down or question any reports that go against Nicks.
    Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Originally posted by PennState1 View Post
      How would you feel if the following were to occur?

Nicks agrees to come back and the Giants sign him using a fair, but favorable, contract based on his proven ability when healthy/focused AND his last two years performance. A contract that also takes into account the possibility that he continues to decline and his attitude doesn't improve.

So now you have your Nicks back and his is likely to be unhappy with his contract because he believes he deserves more. Spring rolls around and Nicks decides to decline Eli's invitation to work out with the other receivers?

How would that move you as a fan?
      I don't want to see Nicks hit the open market........he is way too good and young

We should give him a fair contracts with plenty of incentives.- 1200 yds receiving.....pro bowl, 17 YPC etc.......no not TDs..........TDs in the failing Coughlin "Green Zone" era are as rare as hens teeth

We need a real TE to get TD's.......that and an Andre Brown on the top of his game and healthy

I'd give the ball to DeMontre Moore inside the 5

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
        Also, I love how some are so sure that Eli is the most at fault for Nicks season, but automatically strike down or question any reports that go against Nicks.
        Confirmation bias. It's a *****.

Comment

You're right.
          But what you're not taking into account is his health is a huge question mark. That is what is holding him back.
          When healthy, Nicks is a beast.
          He has not been healthy.
          You do not pay someone for being good in the past. You pay them for what you think they can do in the future.
          I have not seen evidence that Nicks can remain healthy, and continue to play at a dominate level. Just because he USED to be that way, does not mean he will magically return to form next season.
          Maybe you are, but I'm not willing to dish out a large amount of cash for a "maybe" player. We have WAY too many holes on this team to fill.
          It is very possible:

1. It's possible Nicks played with super frustrating health issues he didn't want to disclose and combined with a crappy year for the team, was unable to stay focused and perform. Although a possibility, to me this theory doesn't explain some of his behavior.

2. It's possible Nicks had some lingering health issues, the Giants sucked and Nicks developed a serious attitude problem due to his contract status, the previous year's frustrations and Cruz getting paid.

3. It's possible that Nicks really didn't have any impactful health issues, the Giants sucked and Nicks was seriously jealous/hurt about Cruz getting paid and just screwed himself up mentally.

Personally, based on what I watched and read, I'd bet on #2. No matter what the cause, I'm ready for the Giants to move on.

Comment

It is very possible:

1. It's possible Nicks played with super frustrating health issues he didn't want to disclose and combined with a crappy year for the team, was unable to stay focused and perform. Although a possibility, to me this theory doesn't explain some of his behavior.

2. It's possible Nicks had some lingering health issues, the Giants sucked and Nicks developed a serious attitude problem due to his contract status, the previous year's frustrations and Cruz getting paid.

3. It's possible that Nicks really didn't have any impactful health issues, the Giants sucked and Nicks was seriously jealous/hurt about Cruz getting paid and just screwed himself up mentally.

Personally, based on what I watched and read, I'd bet on #2. No matter what the cause, I'm ready for the Giants to move on.
            I just think that injuries got the best of him. I don't think he knew the extent of his injuries.

That's why I thought it was weird when he came out and said he was healthy. Really, that gave people a reason to question his work ethic.

Comment

It is very possible:

What if the NFL gave up on Peyton Manning when he had far more serious health issues.......guys like a healthy Nicks do not grow on trees

Name 10 better healthy receivers than Nicks.........or don't bother......there aren't but a handfull

Comment

• Wish Nicks the best of luck wherever he goes...

Comment

• Originally posted by BParcells777 View Post
                  guys like a healthy Nicks do not grow on trees
                  No kidding. The Giants can't even find one.

Comment

• Originally posted by BParcells777 View Post
                    What if the NFL gave up on Peyton Manning when he had far more serious health issues.......guys like a healthy Nicks do not grow on trees

Name 10 better healthy receivers than Nicks.........or don't bother......there aren't but a handfull
                    Uh, Peyton Manning was told by doctors he was ready to play, ready to go. We saw him in the Broncos training camp when they signed him throwing, moving around, etc. Nobody knew he would be THIS good. Also, Peyton didn't have an injury plagued career prior to that.

10? Only 10?

From the top of my head:
                    Brandon Marshall
                    A.J. Green
                    Dez Bryant
                    Calvin Johnson
                    Josh Gordon
                    Larry Fitzgerald
                    Demaryius Thomas
                    Andre Johnson
                    Alshon Jeffrey
                    Julio Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by B&RWarrior View Post
                      That's not my take. I apply my logic uniformly. I think Nicks will also benefit from an upgraded O-line, new OC, and a refocused Eli.

Nicks has proven he can be the man no matter who's on the field or on the opposite side. We haven't seen him in that form in 2 years. Still, no other WR has shown this ability.
                      Didn't meant to apply this view as yours necessarily.

Comment

Uh, Peyton Manning was told by doctors he was ready to play, ready to go. We saw him in the Broncos training camp when they signed him throwing, moving around, etc. Nobody knew he would be THIS good. Also, Peyton didn't have an injury plagued career prior to that.

10? Only 10?

From the top of my head:
                        Brandon Marshall
                        A.J. Green
                        Dez Bryant
                        Calvin Johnson
                        Josh Gordon
                        Larry Fitzgerald
                        Demaryius Thomas
                        Andre Johnson
                        Alshon Jeffrey
                        Julio Jones
                        I agree with everybody except for Alshon Jeffrey.
                        Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Comment

10? Only 10?

From the top of my head:
                          Brandon Marshall
                          A.J. Green
                          Dez Bryant
                          Calvin Johnson
                          Josh Gordon
                          Larry Fitzgerald
                          Demaryius Thomas
                          Andre Johnson
                          Alshon Jeffrey
                          Julio Jones
                          No victor cruz? Huh

Comment

• Originally posted by B&RWarrior View Post
                            I agree with everybody except for Alshon Jeffrey.
                            I know..I was going to leave him out. But he straight balled this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drez View Post
                              It's based on seeing him half *** it through a lot of routes and not attacking the football the way he used to. If you think Nicks' season just falls on the overall dishevelment of the offense, fine, but you're not being honest with yourself if you do.

I think the WR's as a whole (Cruz included) under producing was primarily the struggle of the line and Eli being able to get the ball OUT. Second, yes when the ball finally did go his way, Nicks uncharacteristically dropped a handful this season.

2012 Nicks missed a significant amount of time and was targeted 101 times
                              2013 he was targeted 100 times having way more play time.

Comment

Also, I love how some are so sure that Eli is the most at fault for Nicks season, but automatically strike down or question any reports that go against Nicks.
                                So substitute Eli for the line or Eli AND the line.

It goes both ways. Why could Cruz only muster 1 td after week 1? Cruz himself surely wasn't the primary reason - not even close.

Comment

Working...
                                X