Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nicks.. Gut feeling

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by CDN_G-FAN View Post
    i think the organization made their decision on Nicks when they signed Cruz.

    i have a hard time believing you could have 30% of your cap for a 53 man roster tied up in 3 players who are all part of the same mini-unit (WR/QB) within the same unit (offense).

    The moment they agreed to pay Cruz up to $9 mill a season, Nicks was basically on his way out.
    I agree with your point on tying up too much money in WR/QB.

    But if the 2013 Nicks was the same as 2011 Nicks then they'd keep him. You have to pay your players who are performing at a high level, especially if they are 26 years old like Nicks. To me, he was the 2nd biggest disappointment on the team, OL being the first.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
      I love you all.
      I know.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by CDN_G-FAN View Post
        i think the organization made their decision on Nicks when they signed Cruz.

        i have a hard time believing you could have 30% of your cap for a 53 man roster tied up in 3 players who are all part of the same mini-unit (WR/QB) within the same unit (offense).

        The moment they agreed to pay Cruz up to $9 mill a season, Nicks was basically on his way out.
        I think most are of the opinion that Eli needs elite weapons to succeed. Its why we had plax and still consistently drafted receivers high. They will be looking for another one if they lose nicks. Cruz can't be Elis only option.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by moosedrool View Post
          I agree with your point on tying up too much money in WR/QB.

          But if the 2013 Nicks was the same as 2011 Nicks then they'd keep him. You have to pay your players who are performing at a high level, especially if they are 26 years old like Nicks. To me, he was the 2nd biggest disappointment on the team, OL being the first.
          i dunno. i don't think you can run a team that way. I guess you can try, but it forces you to make some truly stupid decisions elsewhere on your roster. I don't think it can be done.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • Originally posted by TooEasy2 View Post
            I think most are of the opinion that Eli needs elite weapons to succeed. Its why we had plax and still consistently drafted receivers high. They will be looking for another one if they lose nicks. Cruz can't be Elis only option.
            i look at it differently. They draft receivers high not because they think he needs elite talent, but they know they can't retain these multiple WRs if they produce at an elite level so they have to keep refilling the bucket.

            most of the other teams in the NFL with a $20 mill QB do basically the same thing. They might keep one gamer at WR, but the rest of those skill spots are revolving doors.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • Originally posted by TooEasy2 View Post
              Cruz can't be Elis only option.
              I think you are selling Jernigan and Randle short. Randle going into his 3rd year and Jernigan going into his 4th year are ready to emerge. This is a common time frame for WR's to emerge.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by moosedrool View Post
                I think you are selling Jernigan and Randle short. Randle going into his 3rd year and Jernigan going into his 4th year are ready to emerge.
                +1. Randle is starting to get it and we'll move to a simplier offensive system which sounds like what held him back the most.

                i'm with you. I'm excited to see both those receivers with a refreshed offensive system and another year under their belts.
                sigpic

                Comment


                • Originally posted by CDN_G-FAN View Post
                  +1. Randle is starting to get it and we'll move to a simplier offensive system which sounds like what held him back the most.

                  i'm with you. I'm excited to see both those receivers with a refreshed offensive system and another year under their belts.
                  Si
                  Mood: WOOF!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by moosedrool View Post
                    I think you are selling Jernigan and Randle short. Randle going into his 3rd year and Jernigan going into his 4th year are ready to emerge. This is a common time frame for WR's to emerge.
                    I hope so. I don't think either one can be Hakeem nicks though. They couldn't out produce him in a down year with eli playing awful.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by TooEasy2 View Post
                      I hope so. I don't think either one can be Hakeem nicks though. They couldn't out produce him in a down year with eli playing awful.
                      I agree, they can't be the 2009-2011 Nicks. But if you have a good OL, three good WR's, and three good pass rushers (we need those badly), you can win super bowls. Signing an underperforming Nicks prevents improving the OL and pass rushing situation.

                      Comment


                      • ima be fukin pist if nicks leaves

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by woodiewood View Post
                          ima be fukin pist if nicks leaves
                          Well get ready to be pist.
                          Mood: WOOF!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by woodiewood View Post
                            ima be fukin pist if nicks leaves
                            woodiewood, nice wheels.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                              Well get ready to be pist.
                              LOLOLOL @ pist.

                              you just outed me posting on this site at work.

                              thanks ahole.
                              sigpic

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by CDN_G-FAN View Post
                                LOLOLOL @ pist.

                                you just outed me posting on this site at work.

                                thanks ahole.
                                Don't worry, you'll get your chances. Just pray that Jakk starts posting, haha.
                                Mood: WOOF!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X