Nicks.. Gut feeling

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
    Its the treatment of Nicks both by deed and public statements from team sources, including and especially Tom Coughlin that suggest to me that Nicks is not wanted back.
    If Nicks is back would you admit you were wrong?

Comment

The problem with Nicks' value in the FA market is his ability to stay healthy.
      I can't remember the last time a WR as good as Hakeem Nicks (when healthy) hit the FA market.

But even though the upside is tremendous, (as we have seen) his value is mitigated by the lower body problems.
      I'm saying that the injury history will not be a factor. It surely will for most teams, Giants included, but the history of FA tells us that some team will look at the upside and jump big on Nicks.
      Every single day I log onto this message board thinking i've seen it all, every single day I am wrong...NYGiants2120

Comment

• Originally posted by egyptian420 View Post
        If Nicks is back would you admit you were wrong?
        If Nicks is back I would be shocked. And not just "Claude Rains" shocked......Really shocked!

To me the only chance is if he strikes out completely in the FA market and he takes a lowball offer from the Giants.
        Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

No I don't. But he's responsible for everything else I listed.
          All that stuff is arguable at best....I can almost guarantee you with absolute certainty that if you were to hook up Nicks and Coughlin to a lie detector and find out what really happened in that locker room it would be a totally different story. There is so much that's kept in-house that we know nothing about

Comment

If Nicks is back I would be shocked. And not just "Claude Rains" shocked......Really shocked!

To me the only chance is if he strikes out completely in the FA market and he takes a lowball offer from the Giants.
            but 3 for $18 with $9 guaranteed would not be a lowball offer, correct?
            Every single day I log onto this message board thinking i've seen it all, every single day I am wrong...NYGiants2120

Comment

• Originally posted by Delicreep View Post
              I'm saying that the injury history will not be a factor. It surely will for most teams, Giants included, but the history of FA tells us that some team will look at the upside and jump big on Nicks.
              Well I don't think so but for his sake I hope so. I think he's still a top 10 WR. "when healthy".
              A hell of a lot better than Mike Wallace who got an ungodly amount last year.

Comment

Well I don't think so but for his sake I hope so. I think he's still a top 10 WR. "when healthy".
                A hell of a lot better than Mike Wallace who got an ungodly amount last year.
                Kinda proves my point, don't it?

Comment

but 3 for $18 with $9 guaranteed would not be a lowball offer, correct?
                  I don't think so. $6MM/year isn't a bad deal given his last 2 seasons. Even though they were riddled with injuries.

Comment

Kinda proves my point, don't it?
                    Not sure what your point is.
                    If its that Hakeem Nicks is a great player...I agree.
                    I just think he's hurt by the injury thing and I also don't think the negative press this season helps either. Even if its essentially based on BS.

Comment

I don't think so. $6MM/year isn't a bad deal given his last 2 seasons. Even though they were riddled with injuries.
                      I'm just quoting your numbers! You said 3 for $18 with $9 guaranteed. I said it was low.

Comment

I'm just quoting your numbers! You said 3 for $18 with $9 guaranteed. I said it was low.
                        I think its below his true value. But I think its what he can expect in the FA market.
                        Maybe the money might be higher but not the guarantee.

Comment

Not sure what your point is.
                          If its that Hakeem Nicks is a great player...I agree.
                          I just think he's hurt by the injury thing and I also don't think the negative press this season helps either. Even if its essentially based on BS.
                          I am specifically saying Nicks is a great WR and that someone will pay for it. A big number.

Comment

I am specifically saying Nicks is a great WR and that someone will pay for it. A big number.
                            I agree with the first part. Not sure about the second.
                            But I admit I can't predict with much certainty what someone might be willing to pay.

Comment

• I will make this prediction though DC. And I'm basing this on his staying relatively healthy next year.

Hakeem Nicks will outproduce any Giants WR next season......whether he's a Giant or not.

i would be thrilled if he's still a Giant but I just don't see it.

Comment

I agree with the first part. Not sure about the second.
                                But I admit I can't predict with much certainty what someone might be willing to pay.
                                OK...let's try it this way:

Either 32 teams will be leary of his injury history, and he gets a low offer, or at least a few teams believe he is a ticket to the SB and he gets overpaid.

That's what it comes down to.

Comment

Working...
                                X