Nicks.. Gut feeling

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TooEasy2 View Post
    You would rather take the chance of losing a top 10 receiver?

He is 26 - unless the Giants know something special about his injury then "gambling" on Nicks' injury is a hell of a lot less of a gamble than they'd be taking letting him go and thinking they will ever be able to replace him
    He's not healthy. I'm willing to not overplay a not healthy receiver.
    He's 26...OK. He's 26 and not healthy.
    Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
      He's not healthy. I'm willing to not overplay a not healthy receiver.
      He's 26...OK. He's 26 and not healthy.
      "Not healthy" and he put up 900 yards in 15 games in one of the worst offences in the NFL. And he was held out of a game the he was HEALTHY for.

If he plays the Cowboys I don't think 3/4 of the people who are down on Nicks are as down on him.

He was healthy enough to play 16 games and that's good enough. Again, I don't think it's much of a gamble expecting him to be ready for next year compared to forging ahead without him.

I'm not sure there are many people who are in your camp and think he isn't healthy enough to be a great receiver any more. Most of the people who want him out seem to think that way for misguided and misinformed "attitude problems" etc etc.

Comment

"Not healthy" and he put up 900 yards in 15 games in one of the worst offences in the NFL. And he was held out of a game the he was HEALTHY for.

If he plays the Cowboys I don't think 3/4 of the people who are down on Nicks are as down on him.

He was healthy enough to play 16 games and that's good enough. Again, I don't think it's much of a gamble expecting him to be ready for next year compared to forging ahead without him.

I'm not sure there are many people who are in your camp and think he isn't healthy enough to be a great receiver any more. Most of the people who want him out seem to think that way for misguided and misinformed "attitude problems" etc etc.
        I don't care about how he had 900 yards.
        It is a gamble, because there is no evidence he he can stay or will be healthy. Wishful thinking and saying he's only 26 proves absolutely nothing.
        I know most people pin the attitude thing as a reason not to sign him. Not my stance.
        I'm not comfortable paying an unknown going forward a lot of cash.

Comment

I don't care about how he had 900 yards.
          It is a gamble, because there is no evidence he he can stay or will be healthy. Wishful thinking and saying he's only 26 proves absolutely nothing.
          I know most people pin the attitude thing as a reason not to sign him. Not my stance.
          I'm not comfortable paying an unknown going forward a lot of cash.
          So you think that Nicks' NFL career is over? I can't buy that.

His health is much less of an unknown than the production that can be expected from any draftee or FA.

The only way to bring in a "known" quantity is to sign a big name FA which would be incredibly dumb.

Again, maybe the Giants know something about his injury situation that we don't and they will let him go based on that alone, but I really don't think that Nicks' health is so bad that he can't play at a high level anymore. This isn't a Steve Smith situation.

Comment

So you think that Nicks' NFL career is over? I can't buy that.

His health is much less of an unknown than the production that can be expected from any draftee or FA.

The only way to bring in a "known" quantity is to sign a big name FA which would be incredibly dumb.

Again, maybe the Giants know something about his injury situation that we don't and they will let him go based on that alone, but I really don't think that Nicks' health is so bad that he can't play at a high level anymore. This isn't a Steve Smith situation.
            No. He'll get picked up somewhere, definitely. I would love if he came back for cheap. I just don't want it to be a lot of money.
            My stance is I don't want to pay top dollar for him.

Comment

No. He'll get picked up somewhere, definitely. I would love if he came back for cheap. I just don't want it to be a lot of money.
              How much can you spare?
              Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

I don't think that anyone is going to pay "Top dollar" for him. He will get a fair contract, and that's why I think it will be frustrating if the Giants lose him - because they CAN afford it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                  How much can you spare?
                  Not the franchise tag.
                  The most I'm going is $5 million. Even some of the Nicks realists think that's too high, but 5 million...2-3 years.

Comment

I don't think that anyone is going to pay "Top dollar" for him. He will get a fair contract, and that's why I think it will be frustrating if the Giants lose him - because they CAN afford it.
                    Then what is fair?

Anything over 5 million to me is not fair.

Comment

Not the franchise tag.
                      The most I'm going is $5 million. Even some of the Nicks realists think that's too high, but 5 million...2-3 years.
                      thats something over 300,000 a game and no guarantees on his part.... don't be so tight Rudy !

Comment

• He's not worth much if he doesn't play with heart, and his heart isn't with the Giants.

Comment

• Originally posted by byron View Post
                          thats something over 300,000 a game and no guarantees on his part.... don't be so tight Rudy !
                          He will live.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                            How much can you spare?
                            Lol, don't know why this made me laugh

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
                            @Katdaddyjay 17h
                            @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
                            http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Comment

It's simple.
                              He's not healthy, it's evident. Why blow all of your money on an unknown player? I love Hakeem, but his body is breaking down.
                              The "When he's healthy, he's number one" is true..but that's ONLY when he is healthy. He's been in decline since 2012. What makes you believe he will magically bounce back this year? Especially from a health standpoint.

Not taking that chance.
                              rudy he said he was fine and healthy this year. there were no reports of him missing any games this year due to injury. the game that he didn't play in was just hard nose TC being hard nose to the grindstone TC.
                              I don't understand why it can't just be the offense sucked this year and everyone took a hit in production some worst than others, its has to be justified deeper than that.
                              Nicks is hurt
                              Nick is to much of a diva
                              Nicks is asking for top receiver dollar
                              Nicks is a malcontent
                              Nicks is a locker room cancer
                              Nicks is washed up, no longer a threat
                              not saying these are things you said, but it seems to be the overwhelming consensus amongst giants fans.
                              I agree with MS nicks healthy next year would out perform handily ever receiver we have especially if he lands in NE.
                              Before people look at this as well he is a Nicks faithful, I am a giants faithful and have my own opinion on what best helps this team and Nicks in a new system with a better O-Line and a refreshed Eli with proper offseason prep helps this team.

does anyone know what Nicks camp is asking for monetarily yet? maybe my stance would change if someone can provide that info?

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
                              @Katdaddyjay 17h
                              @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
                              http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by rainierjef View Post
                                I don't understand why it can't just be the offense sucked this year and everyone took a hit in production some worst than others, its has to be justified deeper than that.
                                Absolutely

Comment

Working...
                                X