Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unneccessary Roughness call on Jacquan Williams #57 was a crock of ***!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unneccessary Roughness call on Jacquan Williams #57 was a crock of ***!

Now we need to lay the offensive player down gently...for ****s sake when does this become a no-contact game!

This is why the NFL will ultimately ruin itself by taking the physical part of the game out.

I know I didn't miss any of that play. Granted it didn't hurt our success but it was a perfectly acceptable tackle. It wasn't a defenseless player, nor a QB, etc.

Re: Unneccessary Roughness call on Jacquan Williams #57 was a crock of ***!

I am hoping I missed something because it looked fine to me. That or the league is moving to flag football status.

Comment

Was one of the worst penalties I have seen in alot of years of watching football.

Giants fan since the early 80s

Comment

Referring wasn't perfect by any means that game (not new for the Giants). I agree that was a bs call. It was a good tackle. The RB still wanted to fight for yardage and J. Williams put him down.

There were others like the questionable ball-spotting on some plays. Nicks first-down catch spotted 2-3 yards before where he caught the ball and the ball spotting that gave Atlanta 4 and the Inches (turned out well for the Giants anyway).

Comment

[quote user="hungrrrry"]Now we need to lay the offensive player down gently...for ****s sake when does this become a no-contact game!

This is why the NFL will ultimately ruin itself by taking the physical part of the game out.

I know I didn't miss any of that play. Granted it didn't hurt our success but it was a perfectly acceptable tackle. It wasn't a defenseless player, nor a QB, etc.[/quote]

The new rules or the refs interpretation of them are ruining this game. If they'd called a personal foul on Sam Huff like they did today on Williams there would have been a cart out there to carry that ref off the field.

Comment

It was a horrible call - The kid made a tackle plain and simple. It was late and meant nothing - but man you're teaching a young LB too hold up and not finish a play. Refs blew that one. There was nothing unecessary about it.

Comment

That crew should be fired today.

Comment

That was hands down, the worst call I have ever seen. He was TACKLING him. Are we not allowed to tackle anymore?
                Mood: WOOF!

Comment

[quote user="hungrrrry"]Now we need to lay the offensive player down gently...for ****s sake when does this become a no-contact game!

I know I didn't miss any of that play. Granted it didn't hurt our success but it was a perfectly acceptable tackle. It wasn't a defenseless player, nor a QB, etc.[/quote]

Tell me what's wrong with this picture?

Penalties

Atl 3-15

NYG 7-73

They flagge the Giants for almost the entire length of the field today. That's what some would call one sided officiating. IMHO anyway

Comment

When I saw that call I thought "What, now players can't tackle anymore?".

Comment

[quote user="jakegibbs"][quote user="hungrrrry"]Now we need to lay the offensive player down gently...for ****s sake when does this become a no-contact game!

Tell me what's wrong with this picture?

Penalties

Atl 3-15

NYG 7-73

They flagge the Giants for almost the entire length of the field today. That's what some would call one sided officiating. IMHO anyway[/quote]

And I thought the falcons were suppose to be the dirt bags?

Ha

Comment

the 1 thing I saw that bothered me and kind of summed up the refs treatment of the Giants....

Late in the game Matty throws a pass to White but it is tipped at the line. Once it was tipped Corey Webster, very intellegently and legally, mugged Rodey White causing an incompletion. White gets up after the play is over and, directly in front of the ref, throws a punch at Corey Webster....

1) thats a penalty.
                        2) thats an ejection.
                        3) thats a letter from the league.

The 1st 2 are on the refs and they did nothing. We shall see about #3.
                        sigpic

Comment

Up until a minute ago I thought the same thing !! ( Was spitting nails when the call was made ) .
                          BUT - just read on SI site the call was made because the play was already whistled over ...

Comment

Wost call since they blew that Jacobs run dead AFTER he shook off the defenders and was past the LOS.

Oh, then there was the PI/buttsecks no-call, and the "Holding" (okay, hand brushed the defenders arms) calls... oh and the no-call when JPP's jersey jumped out to grab the Falcons' O-lineman's hand.

Comment

[quote user="RedskinHater"]Up until a minute ago I thought the same thing !! ( Was spitting nails when the call was made ) .
                              BUT - just read on SI site the call was made because the play was already whistled over ...
                              [/quote]

@michaelstrahan
                              Michael Strahan

How do u stop midway thru a tackle! Ridiculous call ref!!

Stray is the man. Respect #92

Comment

Working...
                              X