Lawrence Tynes in a big spot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lawrence Tynes in a big spot

Makes me nervous in a big spot. Remember how hard he tried to kick us out of the SB against Packers

Re: Lawrence Tynes in a big spot

[quote user="gxbhkt"]Makes me nervous in a big spot. Remember how hard he tried to kick us out of the SB against Packers[/quote]

Yes, especially with his inconsistency lately, another missed one today.

Comment

It was a bad snap...IIRC it was a high snap and a good job by Steve getting it down but yeah...it still should have been made.
      "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

Name 1 game he lost us

Comment

Yeah, he missed a fg, but did you see those kickoffs? Loved em. His leg got stronger or.he was kicking with the wind at his back all day. Endzone every time.

Comment

hopefully we just keep stuffing it in the end zone
            and only have to rely on him for extra points.

although he usually makes it when it matters.
            due to the fact that I am from the Woodstock generation ...
            my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss

Comment

[quote user="TuckYou"]Yeah, he missed a fg, but did you see those kickoffs? Loved em. His leg got stronger or.he was kicking with the wind at his back all day. Endzone every time.[/quote]

He's been booming kickoffs all year. An unexpected bright spot on special teams.

He had been solid in the FG department until recently. The last two games he's missed from 40 and from 32. Very disconcerting looking forward to next week where, if we're going to win, it will most likely come down to 3 points or less.

Comment

Like the game winning 47-yard game winning FG in OT against the Packers in Lambeau in the 2007 season NFC Championship playoff game... How soon we forget...

Comment

Tynes is somewhat erratic but he's good when the game is on the line. He'll miss a 30-yarder or an extra point here and there, but he'll make the game winning 50-yarders.

He's one of the better kickers in the league.

Comment

I have zero confidence in Tynes.

He has a weak leg....the only reason he's "booming" kicks is because the moved the kickoff up.

He can't kick beyond 50, and often misses inside 40.

Comment

[quote user="NYGRealityCheck"]Like the game winning 47-yard game winning FG in OT against the Packers in Lambeau in the 2007 season NFC Championship playoff game... How soon we forget...[/quote]

Third time was the charm.

Time to sign some NCAA cannon next season. The colleges are stocked with kids who can blast it. For the life of me, I don't understand why we don't get someone who has a shot from 55-60 yards.

Comment

[quote user="Idkaname"]Name 1 game he lost us[/quote]

Unless you count missing an early FG and losing by 1 a loss, but that's a ignorant way of looking at it. Other then that, it hasn't happened.
                        My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

[quote user="gxbhkt"]Makes me nervous in a big spot. Remember how hard he tried to kick us out of the SB against Packers[/quote]
                          He's been our kicker for 5 years for a reason -- he's got a strong leg and he's pretty accurate. There are better kickers than him, but there's also A LOT worse.

Concerning that GB game, the 1st missed kick was from like 44 yards out and up to that point, NO ONE had ever made a 40+ FG in GB in January in the playoffs. That goes for GB kickers as well.

On the second kick, it was a high snap. On each of these kicks you could tell that the ball was being affected by the cold weather -- it was floating like a feather in the wind. Everyone who's played football as a kid knows that the football behaves differently in cold weather.

On the 3rd kick, instead of freezing out of fear on the sidelines he ran out onto the field trying to force Coughlin's hand in going for the kick instead of the 1st down. Coughlin gave Tynes a 3rd chance and he made a 40+ yarder which was the first time ANYONE had ever kicked a 40+ yarder in GB in January. He's been solid ever since.

Comment

[quote user="NYGRealityCheck"]Like the game winning 47-yard game winning FG in OT against the Packers in Lambeau in the 2007 season NFC Championship playoff game... How soon we forget...[/quote]

On his third try to win the game

Comment

[quote user="JMFP2"]

Third time was the charm.

Time to sign some NCAA cannon next season.* The colleges are stocked with kids who can blast it.* For the life of me, I don't understand why we don't get someone who has a shot from 55-60 yards.

[/quote]

WOW. That's all. Just wow for now, man..........really.

Comment

Working...
                              X