Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EA deserves credit for the Draft and Template of/for a winning team!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EA deserves credit for the Draft and Template of/for a winning team!

He was the one who drafted Eli and many went crazy (in a bad way)

He also added Kiwi and Tuck and people thought he was crazy since we still had Strahan and Osi.

He not only set up the template for us, but for Reese. As Reese added JPP last year when JPP was available, and everyone thought it was a pretty risky move at worst, and at best it would take time to develop the talent.

EA helped us in 07 and his strings that he strung are making some music in 11.

Thank you EA... I remember how many people would knock him.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

Re: EA deserves credit for the Draft and Template of/for a winning team!

Yeah he gets some credit for sure but honestly I think our culture/system of bringing guys along has alot more to do with players playing well than great picks alone. I mean it all plays a part in the end.

Comment

One main stay in this league, whether its 40 years ago or in todays NFL, the QB wins games and so does a pass rushing defensive line, and that is what he taught JR.

Also in 07, and especially in todays NFL. The defensive line can have such a huge affect on the QBs, while other defensive positions cannot have such a big impact on the qb nearly as much as the defensive line, and with the way the nfl is today, that is HUGE especially on some of these qbs, as we saw in 07 vs Brady.
      Peace,
      DragonSoul

Comment

I know I've said it before, but, if you like to read ( even on the crapper ),EA's book " The GM ", is excellant.

It's a great insight into a GM's mind, as well as a good read into the man himself.

my beer drinking team has a football problem

Comment

Kick rocks man. He has been gone for about 5 years now. It was Reese who traveled the country and was on the road 90% of the year in order to bring talents like Tuck, Kiwi, and BJ in at the time. EA's last decision was Eli and he can get that. How dare you try to give him props for JPP!!! I guess EA was responsible for KP, AB, MM, Cruz, Nicks, Boley, Ballard, Pascoe, Rolle, Canty, LJ, HH, and TT also. GTFOH!!!

The Reese hate on here is laughable.

Emperor Tom

Comment

[quote user="poppa smurph"]

I know I've said it before, but, if you like to read ( even on the crapper ),EA's book " The GM ", is excellant.

It's a great insight into a GM's mind, as well as a good read into the man himself.

[/quote]

i echo this sentiment. i picked it up when i was last in the states, good read.

he did get a ring in 07 so they did recognise his effort and give him credit

Comment

[quote user="NWKEffectElement"]Kick rocks man. He has been gone for about 5 years now. It was Reese who traveled the country and was on the road 90% of the year in order to bring talents like Tuck, Kiwi, and BJ in at the time. EA's last decision was Eli and he can get that. How dare you try to give him props for JPP!!! I guess EA was responsible for KP, AB, MM, Cruz, Nicks, Boley, Ballard, Pascoe, Rolle, Canty, LJ, HH, and TT also. GTFOH!!!

The Reese hate on here is laughable.[/quote]You miss reading what I have wrote is Laughable. Him giving JR the template to get a DE is due to him.

No one spoke of other positions. I have not based any of his moves, well ok BAAS might be one of the only moves.

So not sure what you are smoking, or getting your panties in a bunch for.
              Peace,
              DragonSoul

Comment

He did fail with Cedric Jones... Ray Lewis was available...

Comment

[quote user="BornBrooklyn"]He did fail with Cedric Jones... Ray Lewis was available...[/quote]

actually that was George Young.

EA set the template, but he had a lot of growing pains, between neglecting special teams and letting the offensive line walk after 2002, or his atrocious late round draft picks.

but yes, he does deserve credit for laying the foundations for this modern day pass rushing defensive line.

Comment

The template has really been set by the Maras and trickled down. The organization as a whole is very stable and consistent. They do not waver from the their laurels and priorities.

Other then the Steelers and Packers, I am struggling to think of a more consistent organization!

As always (even when we stink!) I am proud to be a fan of this team!

Comment

[quote user="NYG 5"][quote user="BornBrooklyn"]He did fail with Cedric Jones... Ray Lewis was available...[/quote]

actually that was George Young.

EA set the template, but he had a lot of growing pains, between neglecting special teams and letting the offensive line walk after 2002, or his atrocious late round draft picks.

but yes, he does deserve credit for laying the foundations for this modern day pass rushing defensive line.
                      [/quote]They all have their issues. No doubt. But it was a great job by him. You can argue the LB spot for Reese and oline to a degree. Even though I am a reese fan and support him.
                      Peace,
                      DragonSoul

Comment

[quote user="NWKEffectElement"]Kick rocks man. He has been gone for about 5 years now. It was Reese who traveled the country and was on the road 90% of the year in order to bring talents like Tuck, Kiwi, and BJ in at the time. EA's last decision was Eli and he can get that. How dare you try to give him props for JPP!!! I guess EA was responsible for KP, AB, MM, Cruz, Nicks, Boley, Ballard, Pascoe, Rolle, Canty, LJ, HH, and TT also. GTFOH!!! The Reese hate on here is laughable.[/quote]

Where was the "Reece hate" in this thread?

Or are you one of those guys who think that if you praise one guy, you are tearing down another?

Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

I think EA taught Reese a lot. And I also think JR, and his skills at evaluating talent, made EA look good, too.
                          Do not feed the trolls.

Comment

[quote user="Mercury"]I think EA taught Reese a lot.* And I also think JR, and his skills at evaluating talent, made EA look good, too.
                            [/quote]Agreed. EA taught him what was important, but JR knew what to look for when he did look for it.

Only knock is our perpetual need for a LB. Unless one of the young rookie LBs work out. Obviously time will tell. Apparently Williams may have taken the next step from what people are starting to say. Hope so. We really need another great LB besides Boley. I think Kiwi could be the hybrid if we keep him passed this year.
                            Peace,
                            DragonSoul

Comment

[quote user="Mercury"]I think EA taught Reese a lot.* And I also think JR, and his skills at evaluating talent, made EA look good, too.
                              [/quote]It is actually funny. I remember few gave credit to EA and said it was all JRS scouting.

Then when EA left, it was all EAs teaching that helped JR, and that EA built the team.

In truth, it is what you wrote, and felt the same way all along.
                              Peace,
                              DragonSoul

Comment

Working...
                              X