So if we get hammered next weekend...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So if we get hammered next weekend...

... most Giants fans would still look at this season as a success, right?

I certainly would. If they get absolutely murdered in this game, I wouldnt have anything to say about Coughlin getting fired, or really anyone at all.

I think that everyone should be back next year. But knowing these boards, if Eli throws 3 INTs, or if we just get blasted by Rodgers, there will be tons of topics about getting rid of Eli, Coughlin, Fewell. It's inevitable here.

Re: So if we get hammered next weekend...

while celebrating another win agianst GB it will all be worth it on Monday Morning to hear all the pros share the crow dinner again.
    Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

Comment

Amen!

Comment

I wouldnt be too upset, though I am really excited to see if the Gmen can keep it up. I think we have a legitimate shot to beat the Packers.

Even if we lose, the Giants have exceeded my expectations so far this year.

They have overcome so much adversity so far this season, with the injuries and strength of schedule, and to still be in it is beyond me.

Comment

I'll see it as a success and as a barometer as to what holes need to be filled / strengthened.

GB is a better team, of course, but there is no reason why we should get blown out. Not saying that it can't happen, but it shouldn't happen.

We have a decent shot to win this game.

Comment

I don't think they will get blown out but I realize that it is entirely possible that our season may be over next Sunday night. While it would sting for a bit, I would view making the play-offs and getting a play-off win as a success and order my NFC East Division Champs T.

Comment

I probably will get hammered next week watchin us "cut the cheese in GB"

Comment

We have a shot to beat the Pack.

If we don't, I won't be too upset, and I'll look forward discussing with my fellow giant fans on here what changes need to be made in the off-season

Comment

The season has been a huge success already and if we lose next week, that doesn't change my mind at all. Been a fun season and I'm happy to see that we've rebounded after the losses in the middle of the season and all the injuries we've endured.

Comment

If we lose the game next week,but give it an all out effort, I would think it is successful. But if we get hammered and give up and dont even show up, it would be a sour ending to an up and down season.

Comment

I wouldn't guarrantee victory but I guarrantee we will not be blown out. Its gonna be a very close game one way or the other.

Comment

[quote user="TuckYou"]If we lose the game next week,but give it an all out effort, I would think it is successful. But if we get hammered and give up and dont even show up, it would be a sour ending to an up and down season.[/quote]

That about sums it up. If we lose, I just want to see effort (even if we get blown out).

That being said, I think we have a fair shot of beating the Pack. We already know that our offense can score with GB, but our defense picked the best time to turn things around. If we can get another great performance from them on Sunday, things will be looking good.

Comment

[quote user="trenken311"]... most Giants fans would still look at this season as a success, right?

I certainly would. If they get absolutely murdered in this game, I wouldnt have anything to say about Coughlin getting fired, or really anyone at all.

I think that everyone should be back next year. But knowing these boards, if Eli throws 3 INTs, or if we just get blasted by Rodgers, there will be tons of topics about getting rid of Eli, Coughlin, Fewell. It's inevitable here.[/quote]

You obviously didn't see the Giants play them in the regular season! No reason to think the Giants are going to get rolled on this time, because we know we can put up points against GB........ only difference this time around, is that we're bringing with us a HEALTHY D playing lights out!!
                          "I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

Comment

Nice to see some good attitudes in here, this way if we lose we wont see everyone calling for half the team to get traded or fired.

It doesnt matter how the Giants played GB weeks ago, I dont think anyone could be all that surprised if it was 21-0 at the end of the first quarter. GB does that to really good teams.

I would think it will be close, and of course the possibility is there that we can win, but if it doesnt happen I really dont think anyone should get down on this team too hard, even if we are just destroyed by Rodgers. This season was already a success.

Comment

[quote user="trenken311"]Nice to see some good attitudes in here, this way if we lose we wont see everyone calling for half the team to get traded or fired.

It doesnt matter how the Giants played GB weeks ago, I dont think anyone could be all that surprised if it was 21-0 at the end of the first quarter. GB does that to really good teams.

I would think it will be close, and of course the possibility is there that we can win, but if it doesnt happen I really dont think anyone should get down on this team too hard, even if we are just destroyed by Rodgers. This season was already a success.[/quote]

i will be angry and depressed , just like every year we don't go all the way.

and at some time during the week i will take down all the Giants shrine and memorabelia and various other nyg voodoo trinkets and such that i have piled in the living room and wrapped around the big-sreen and pack them back in the closet in the mancave/recording studio where the stuff hides in boxes during the off season.
                              i betcha i have more nyg sh!t than my wife has christmas stuff.

i'm still a little confused on the Santa thing
                              but for sure i bELIeve in Eli.
                              due to the fact that I am from the Woodstock generation ...
                              my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss

Comment

Working...
                              X