call me naive but i like

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• call me naive but i like

our chances of beating the pack.. we saw them week 13 without osi. a non healty tuck and with nowere near the swag we have now... actually i love our chances. lts go blue cant wait for this game
    sigpic
    FUTURE NY GIANTS PLAYER

2015 season tbd

Re: call me naive but i like

one thing that i like going into this game is that Aaron Rodgers has only played 1 great game in a month ... he lost to KC and has been off for 2 weeks ... but he did hang 5 TDs on da Bears 3 weeks ago

Comment

[quote user="G-Man67"]one thing that i like going into this game is that Aaron Rodgers has only played 1 great game in a month ... he lost to KC and has been off for 2 weeks ... but he did hang 5 TDs on da Bears 3 weeks ago[/quote]

I will most CERTAINLY not go into into Sundays game thinking Rodgers is going to be "off". I hear what your saying but pretend like he just threw 5 TD's last week.

Comment

[quote user="ryan12"]our chances of beating the pack.. we saw them week 13 without osi. a non healty tuck and with nowere near the swag we have now... actually i love our chances. lts go blue cant wait for this game[/quote]

I like our chances, too. We finally have a D and a running game. This could be a VERY different outcome. I'm hoping Ross will be able play.

I'm thinking 30 - 24 win for the Giants. Odds are that the Pack wins, but I think the Giants are going to pull this one out, 30 - 24.

Comment

We have a good chance, I like both team's chances and it will be a very good ball game.

If we play like we have been, if our defense steps like it has been, we will have a good ball game

Comment

[quote user="ryan12"]our chances of beating the pack.. we saw them week 13 without osi. a non healty tuck and with nowere near the swag we have now... actually i love our chances. lts go blue cant wait for this game[/quote]

i like our chances because 4 weeks ago i would have said we had no chance at all.

that said, this is a power house team and we're playing them at home as the defending SB champions.

Anyone thinking we're not underdogs in this game is a little too excited about beating a team that hasn't won a playoff game in 4 years, but i'll tell you this: i'm over the moon that our next game is against Green Bay and not the Saints.

sigpic

Comment

[quote user="OsiStrahan#1combo"][quote user="G-Man67"]one thing that i like going into this game is that Aaron Rodgers has only played 1 great game in a month ... he lost to KC and has been off for 2 weeks ... but he did hang 5 TDs on da Bears 3 weeks ago[/quote]

I will most CERTAINLY not go into into Sundays game thinking Rodgers is going to be "off". I hear what your saying but pretend like he just threw 5 TD's last week.[/quote]

yeah i wouldn't tell the players that and i fully expect him to perform at his best, but this league is a week to week league and you take whatever breaks come your way ... he's only human ... just saying that there could be a tiny bit of rust

Comment

[quote user="G-Man67"][quote user="OsiStrahan#1combo"][quote user="G-Man67"]one thing that i like going into this game is that Aaron Rodgers has only played 1 great game in a month ... he lost to KC and has been off for 2 weeks ... but he did hang 5 TDs on da Bears 3 weeks ago[/quote]

I will most CERTAINLY not go into into Sundays game thinking Rodgers is going to be "off". I hear what your saying but pretend like he just threw 5 TD's last week.[/quote]

yeah i wouldn't tell the players that and i fully expect him to perform at his best, but this league is a week to week league and you take whatever breaks come your way ... he's only human ... just saying that there could be a tiny bit of rust[/quote]

Sure absolutely.

Comment

We should have pitched in for a pair of tickets to Cabo and sent them to Rogers.
                  My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Comment

so who else like our chances this week?
                    sigpic
                    FUTURE NY GIANTS PLAYER

2015 season tbd

Comment

[quote user="ryan12"]so who else like our chances this week?[/quote]

I not only like our chances, I think we're gonna put a beating on 'em (yeah, I said it). We aren't the team they wanted to see walking into the (not so) frozen tundra.

Comment

[quote user="ryan12"]so who else like our chances this week?[/quote]

i do. but not like i did against the falcons.

that was a team that hasn't won a playoff game since vick was their QB.

these guys are the defending Superbowl Champions.

but we probably have a better chance at beating them than any other team in the conference except for maybe the saints.

sigpic

Comment

I also like our chances becuase of how the defense has been peaking the last 3 weeks. Osi's return has rejuvenated the entire defense. They can rely on the front four to provide the pass rush and let the LBs and safeties just worry about their coverage instead of blitzing so much. Also, the run gam has finally returned, which will make the play action more effective for Eli.
                          On the other side, the Packers are healthier too than they were that first game. Both starting LBs, Bishop and Hawk are back, and left tackle Chad Clifton is back as well. Also, Jennings will return this week after missing the last 4 games with a knee injury.
                          Bottom line I think the Giants have a load of confidence coming into this game after hanging with the Packers last time til the very end and will have a huge chip on their shoulders figuring that they should have won that one and have been dyiing ever since for another shot at them.

Comment

Not to keep making comparisons to 2007, but this feels a lot like that game in Dallas back in 2007. I remember feeling so much more confident going into that playoff game against Dallas than I did in either of the regular season games. I feel the same way today. Green Bay just doesn't feel like the unstoppable force they felt like in week 13.

Comment

i like our chances against them more than i'd like our chances against the saints but i'm not particularly confident. i'm expecting a close loss, hope i'm wrong!

Comment

Working...
                              X