Osi to Baltimore for their 1st makes the most sense

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Osi to Baltimore for their 1st makes the most sense

IF we have to trade him, I think Baltimore makes the most sense. They had shown interest in him this past offseason and know the value of an elite passrusher.

Maybe we have to swap out a 5th or 6th rounder as well, but I think it makes the most sense as they will have a late round 1st round draft choice and Osi could make that defense even better.

Re: Osi to Baltimore for their 1st makes the most sense

I'd do it, take a LBer, put Kiwi in his respected spot

Comment

Baltimore is not giving us their first for Osi.

We'd all do it in a minute which tells you they'd never do it.
      My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Comment

We couldnt get a 1st rounder last year for Osi, so gettting 1 this year isnt gonna happen either.

Furthermore since he has 1 year left on his deal, any trade for Osi would require a new contract for him from the new team. This makes trading hi that much harder since his contract demands are very high and whoever signed him would have to bear the brunt of guaranteed money.

sigpic

Comment

a drunk 12 yr old playing madden wouldn't give you a 1st for Osi.

it's like my dad trying to sell his 86' caddy. he thinks its worth literally 10x what its actually worth because he's selling it.

Osi's over 30, has one year left on his contract, and isn't very healthy.

He value isn't going up each week, regardless of how he plays, it's going down.

if we get a 4th for him, i'd take that in a heartbeat and run before they change their mind....

sigpic

Comment

[quote user="CDN_G-FAN"]

it's like my dad trying to sell his 86' caddy.* he thinks its worth literally 10x what its actually worth because he's selling it.

if we get a 4th for him, i'd take that in a heartbeat and run before they change their mind....

[/quote]

I'd say it's a "Raiders or nobody" trade

Comment

[quote user="MikeIsaGiant"]I'd do it, take a LBer, put Kiwi in his respected spot[/quote]Absolutely, I've been saying it all year. Make that trade and get our stud linebacker in the draft. It's about time.

Comment

[quote user="burier"]Baltimore is not giving us their first for Osi.

We'd all do it in a minute which tells you they'd never do it.[/quote]

haha exactly, Osi is more valuable to us than to another team ... the absolute best another team might do is a 3rd, so as long as he is happy we are probably better off keeping him ... to me his insubordination was his way of negotiating ... i would like us to work something out

and i'm not sure why we are so anxious to move Kiwi back to full time DE ... he's done a great job at LB ... we could be solid at LB next year ... Goff, Kiwi, Boley, Williams and certainly we will draft another LB and probably during the 1st 3 rounds

Comment

[quote user="CDN_G-FAN"]

it's like my dad trying to sell his 86' caddy.* he thinks its worth literally 10x what its actually worth because he's selling it.

[/quote]

nicely put
                  My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Comment

[quote user="Warchild"]IF we have to trade him, I think Baltimore makes the most sense. They had shown interest in him this past offseason and know the value of an elite passrusher.

Maybe we have to swap out a 5th or 6th rounder as well, but I think it makes the most sense as they will have a late round 1st round draft choice and Osi could make that defense even better.[/quote]

I would trade you for roadkill.
                    Originally posted by PennState1
                    In and around the end zone and on crucial plays, the ball should go to one of our 3 receivers and no one else if at all possible.

Comment

[quote user="Coach Carter"][quote user="Warchild"]IF we have to trade him, I think Baltimore makes the most sense. They had shown interest in him this past offseason and know the value of an elite passrusher.

Maybe we have to swap out a 5th or 6th rounder as well, but I think it makes the most sense as they will have a late round 1st round draft choice and Osi could make that defense even better.[/quote]

I would trade you for roadkill.[/quote]

No matter how much you like Osi, you realize there's no chance of him getting another contract here, right? He'll only be here for another year max. I would easily take a 1st rounder and have him for 10+ years vs. 1 year of Osi.

Comment

[quote user="CDN_G-FAN"]

[/quote]

Not worth trading him for a 4th rounder at all. If we keep him and he leaves as a FA we probably get a 4th as a comp pick.

If we arent getting at the very least a 2nd rd pick for Osi then it's just not worth trading.

Comment

Next year Osi will be inspired by his upcoming Free Agency to play some of the best football in his life. I'd rather he did it as a Giant.

Then let the bidding war take place after next season. Osi finds out what he's worth. . .hopefully even more than he's hoping for.

Our compensation should be worth at least a 4th rounder for him by the league (which is like an early 5th).

BTW: Kiwi's doing great at LB. I wouldn't move him.

Comment

[quote user="lawl"][quote user="CDN_G-FAN"]

it's like my dad trying to sell his 86' caddy. he thinks its worth literally 10x what its actually worth because he's selling it.

[/quote] Not worth trading him for a 4th rounder at all. If we keep him and he leaves as a FA we probably get a 4th as a comp pick. If we arent getting at the very least a 2nd rd pick for Osi then it's just not worth trading.[/quote]

i hear ya, but if we're getting a 4th either way, i'd rather be free of the distraction, hold out from camp, chatter to the press about not getting paid, blah, blah, blah.

sigpic

Comment

[quote user="CDN_G-FAN"][quote user="lawl"][quote user="CDN_G-FAN"]

[/quote] Not worth trading him for a 4th rounder at all. If we keep him and he leaves as a FA we probably get a 4th as a comp pick. If we arent getting at the very least a 2nd rd pick for Osi then it's just not worth trading.[/quote]

i hear ya, but if we're getting a 4th either way, i'd rather be free of the distraction, hold out from camp, chatter to the press about not getting paid, blah, blah, blah.

[/quote]

Right well we had all that this offseason and were in the playoffs now and he's making plays for us and if we want to keep winning we'll need more big plays from him.

The bs in the offseason has nothing to do with play on the field.

Comment

Working...
                              X