NFL - Billion dollar league with Nickle & Dime refs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL - Billion dollar league with Nickle & Dime refs

It is amazaing with the amount of zebras on the field and a few more in the replay booth that they still have such an impact on so many games. It is really highlighted in the playoffs but goes on all year. Most are old out of shape and obviuosly with poor eyesight. It is really a shame that the NFL can not upgade the refs.

Re: NFL - Billion dollar league with Nickle & Dime refs

agreed they have always been pretty terrible but the past like 4 years have been out of control
    sigpic
    FUTURE NY GIANTS PLAYER

2015 season tbd

Comment

agreed. NFL refs are total joke.

I never understood why the refs are middle aged anyway.

It just seems like common sense to get 25 year old football feinds who can get their ***** out of the way and can actually SEE to ref these games/
      My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Comment

[quote user="burier"]agreed. NFL refs are total joke. I never understood why the refs are middle aged anyway. It just seems like common sense to get 25 year old football feinds who can get their ***** out of the way and can actually SEE to ref these games/[/quote]

Its called expirience. Most of these guys have 20+ years in the league.

But I agree.

Im waiting for Apple to come out with the IRef.

Comment

[quote user="TuckYou"]

[quote user="burier"]agreed. NFL refs are total joke. I never understood why the refs are middle aged anyway. It just seems like common sense to get 25 year old football feinds who can get their ***** out of the way and can actually SEE to ref these games/[/quote]

But I agree.

[/quote]

IREF= priceless...................... lmfao
          sigpic
          FUTURE NY GIANTS PLAYER

2015 season tbd

Comment

the way they handle challenges is atrocious. Especially now that we review every scoring play.

There should be 1 ref in the booth upstairs, a play is challenged, the ref in the booth reviews the play instantly, the call is made. It should take under 1 minute to throw the flag & have the play reviewed.

Comment

I understand they want refs with experience but it would be nice to have some officials who aren't members of AARP.

Comment

[quote user="TuckYou"]

But I agree.

[/quote]

huge big ups ...freakin' awesome !!
                due to the fact that I am from the Woodstock generation ...
                my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss

Comment

[quote user="TuckYou"]

But I agree.

[/quote]

Yeah I get the whole experience thing but the experience doesn't seem to be much of benefit at this point as missed calls happen frequently.

The NFL knows this which is why all scoring plays are reviewed. They know the ref will F it up. Plus a quarter of the time they review a play they get it wrong anyway.

And then you've got the phantom holding, phantom illegal contact, phantom PI

And then when those things actually happen they leave the flag in their pocket. They're infuriating.
                  My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Comment

[quote user="TrueBlue07"]the way they handle challenges is atrocious. Especially now that we review every scoring play.

There should be 1 ref in the booth upstairs, a play is challenged, the ref in the booth reviews the play instantly, the call is made. It should take under 1 minute to throw the flag & have the play reviewed.
                    [/quote]

Hey TB07, check your inbox.
                    Torque it till it breaks, then back off a 1/4 turn.

Comment

i have some simpathy for refs.

the game is so incredibly fast i'm amazed they get as many calls right as they already do.

i don't think there's some untapped resource of awesome refs that the NFL isn't using, i just think as the size of players and the speed of the game has increased exponentially, officiating has gotten alot harder.

all of us fat guys have the benefit of a bird's eye view and endless discussion after there's been 6 more plays run.

the fact that there's no fanbase in the NFL that doesn't gripe about the refs is a sign that its actually working well.

when Pats fans spend 8 months talking about how they got screwed by the refs in our SB win, and they seem like the universally call friendliest team in the NFL, things are not so bad.

sigpic

Comment

[quote user="TrueBlue07"]the way they handle challenges is atrocious.* Especially now that we review every scoring play.

[/quote]

It takes time for the production crew to get the best shots of the replay into the refs feed. The NBCee it stuff for example.

Comment

Simple.

To many rules with exceptions and subjective views.

First simplify and then stop applying rules on top of other rules.
                          Peace,
                          DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

Comment

[quote user="CDN_G-FAN"]

i have some simpathy for refs.

the game is so incredibly fast i'm amazed they get as many calls right as they already do.

i don't think there's some untapped resource of awesome refs that the NFL isn't using, i just think as the size of players and the speed of the game has increased exponentially, officiating has gotten alot harder.

all of us fat guys have the benefit of a bird's eye view and endless discussion after there's been 6 more plays run.

the fact that there's no fanbase in the NFL that doesn't gripe about the refs is a sign that its actually working well.

when Pats fans spend 8 months talking about how they got screwed by the refs in our SB win, and they seem like the universally call friendliest team in the NFL, things are not so bad.

[/quote]
                            this pretty much sums it up

Comment

in no other sport do the refs have some much, if not total control, of the out come of the games.

with the addition of new rules totally favoring the offense the situation has just gotten worse. It's a
                              travesty to have games decided by these calls but it's more of a travesty how the game has changed to
                              were it's almost impossible to defend a pass or touch a QB without drawing a flag

Comment

Working...
                              X