Traveling to Green Bay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traveling to Green Bay

I am trying to get a group of my friends together for a trip over to watch our boys play.

Any info or tips people could pass along? Maybe a hotel recommendation, places to hit up?

Any other people going?

Re: Traveling to Green Bay

get some fresh cheese curds, then order a fries and gravy, sprinkle some of the curds on top and BOOM - Poutine

Comment

Three of us are driving up from Chicago Sunday morning. Anyone having a tailgate we could throw a few bucks at?

Comment

I was really thinking about it, wish I could go to every one of our postseason games for the rest of the season but i'm a poor college kid with a year left in school. Can't really afford, could barely get to the game yesterday although it was worth it. Afraid I'll be watching this one back at school.
        Because he's got no knees and I know how to type.

Comment

Roundtrip flights from Laguardia to CHI are going for about $200......rent a car in CHI and drive three hours north.

Went to a game there last year and stayed at the Days Inn.....decent place....the night before the game grabbed food right over the bridge at Titeltown Brewery.....good food and obviously good beer.....bar hopped a little.....place (GB) isn't crazy....it's actually just a town.

Gameday we had a blast.....went to Stadium View restaurant.....obviously right by the Stadium.....Gale Sayers and Hornung were signing autographs.....get there EARLY to get a table.....place gets packed but has good eats and beer.

Just outside the stadium between Stadium View and the stadium itself there was this mall/atrium where they had a DJ and unlimited draft beer....you paid $20 for everything.....probably the coolest thing I've seen at an away game.....I think they do it every game.....worth it.

We're driving out from NJ Friday picking up our buddy from CHI and will be heading to the frozen tundra as well.

Comment

Hard to beat Titletown for good beer and good food.

The food there is actually quite good. Try the "pub fries", which are baked potato wedges smothered in cheese and bacon bits. Don't worry, beer has been proven to flush cholesteral completely out of your system.

Hinterland Brewpub (right across the street from Titletown) has more high-end cuisine if that suits your taste better.

Lodging? Cant help you there.

I live in Crooked Lake, Wisconsin, 75 miles NW of Green Bay.

Comment

awesome tips you guys, it is much appreciated.

is there any type of public transportation to and from the game?

Comment

I would be "fairly certain" that there would be a bus from Titletown to Lambeau.

I suggest you call Titletown Brewing Co. (920) 437-2337 and inquire.

Contrary to popular belief, Packer fans are typically "friendly" to guests from out-of-town, even fans of our opposition.

Comment

I expected to be treated friendly in GB, that seems to be the word most ppl say anyway.

I actually really like the packers. If we can't win I'd like to see them repeat.

Comment

[quote user="Challenger"]I would be "fairly certain" that there would be a bus from Titletown to Lambeau.

Contrary to popular belief, Packer fans are typically "friendly" to guests from out-of-town, even fans of our opposition.
                    [/quote]

I vouch for this 1000%.....nicest people in the world......same can be said for the experience we had in Chicago......mid-westerners are good peeps.

Comment

There are low-lifes anywhere you travel in the world I guess.

If the Packers lose, we will simply cry into our beer and then go ice-fishing.

Comment

Plannning my trip now....coming from NY- planning to fly to CHI and renting a car - driving to GB saturday afternoon.....

also looking for recomendations as far as tailgating is concerned- keep the comments coming!!!!

hoping to see some blue down there- buying cheese heads and spray painting them blue

Comment

[quote user="Challenger"]There are low-lifes anywhere you travel in the world I guess.

If the Packers lose, we will simply cry into our beer and then go ice-fishing.
                          [/quote]

Do they give tours of Lambeau if you arrive a day or two early Challenger? Thanks in advance

Comment

[quote user="BlueJayC"]

[quote user="Challenger"]I would be "fairly certain" that there would be a bus from Titletown to Lambeau.

[/quote]

I vouch for this 1000%.....nicest people in the world......same can be said for the experience we had in Chicago......mid-westerners are good peeps.

[/quote]

I've lived out here in Chicago since 1995, and I can vouch for this as well.

They love their Bears, but the fans by and large are very cool toward other football fans.

There are a lot of Packers fans in my area (suburb of Chicago). I expect alot of good natured trash talk this week.

Comment

[quote user="SEC105"]

Do they give tours of Lambeau if you arrive a day or two early Challenger? Thanks in advance

[/quote]

Here is a schedule of Lambeau Field tours:

http://www.packers.com/lambeau-field...our-times.html

Don't miss the Packer Hall of Fame.

An absolute MUST for any fan of professional football (not just the Packers).

Comment

Working...
                              X