nothing is impossible... David Wilson

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    I'll sit and patiently wait for your examples of him showing anything but speed ..... ever

here is a list of what a quality NFL running back needs to posses .... most if not all

Vision
    Patience
    ability to detect a blitz ... pre snap and post
    ability to pick up that blitz / blocking skills
    ball security
    cuts / change of direction.... directly related to vision
    speed - blinding speed not necessary
    hands out of the backfield
    power

David Wilson possesses almost none of these

beyond break away speed he is borderline useless
    He's shown good power on several plays. Let me qualify that by saying above average power for a speed back. His touches have been so limited. He's only had 115 carries so far, and most of that was behind an abysmal line.

Bradshaw did not come to us as a good blocker, yet he became one. Tiki had a huge fumbling problem that dwarfed Wilson fumblitis, yet he too corrected this problem.

I think D-Will can do great things behind a good line. Put him in space and he will make plays. I think he will make plays in 2014.
    Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
      I think we disagree on a lot less than you think my friend. I'm just a pain in the *** when we don't agree.
      you are the best pain in the *** I've known.... excluding the wife of course

Comment

Originally posted by B&RWarrior View Post
        He's shown good power on several plays. Let me qualify that by saying above average power for a speed back. His touches have been so limited. He's only had 115 carries so far, and most of that was behind an abysmal line.

Bradshaw did not come to us as a good blocker, yet he became one. Tiki had a huge fumbling problem that dwarfed Wilson fumblitis, yet he too corrected this problem.

I think D-Will can do great things behind a good line. Put him in space and he will make plays. I think he will make plays in 2014.
        I admire your loyalty and optimism

much respect

Comment

I admire your loyalty and optimism

much respect
          We spent a first rounder on him. I hate to think it was a waste. I also try hard not judge before a player has had a full shot. Toomer and Webster gave us a lot when I had written them off.
          Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

Comment

Originally posted by danme View Post
            LOL I saw WLSON fall down quite a few time on shoe string bumps -- It seemed to me and very apparent that Hillis Jacobs and Brown had little to no problems running behind our O-line -- Your argument is Weak -- VERY WEAK -- Wilson is a JOKE as a RB -- He isn't a NFL Caliber RB and Never will be
            To be fair, HIllis Jacobs and Brown were running behind a different O-line. The O-line was horrendous the games that Wilson was in there.

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBOWL/BOUND/GIANTS View Post
              To be fair, HIllis Jacobs and Brown were running behind a different O-line. The O-line was horrendous the games that Wilson was in there.
              Do you remember the KC game? They were there for the hand off on most plays.

Comment

Wilson only had 44 carries last year.. if the guy comes back form the injury and the Oline is improved.. who knows man!

I hated Tiki for a while my self.. It took him about 5 years to learn patience and once he had the NFL timing down he was statistically on of the, if not the very best rb in the league for about 2 years.

Obviously teams get rid of players quicker nowadays but Im holding out hope for this guy cause he got some skills I dont know what YA is talking about.. lol

http://www.giants.com/videos/videos/...8-8f9646196ca9

Comment

beyond speed the kid has nothing else to offer

he is not an NFL caliber back
                  Maybe if they hear it from you they will get what I have been saying since the day we drafted him. Terrible reach pick by Reese, I hope he recovers, I hope he becomes something productive, but a Every down back thats is usually drafted in the first round is not what Wilson is.

"here comes the all-purpose yards argument…"

Comment

Originally posted by DownWitJPP View Post
                    While he may not be the every down back we thought we were getting when we drafted him in the 1st,
                    Here's lies the problem, you thought he was an every down back coming out of college, which means you didn't watch the tape.

Comment

Originally posted by gmen46 View Post
                      I can't argue that. But I was hoping he might be productive if he were utilized as a Sproles or 2006 Reggie Bush. No?
                      This might be the salvageable approach to this, which can work. No one is denying his speed and elusiveness, but a polished RB is where he needs to improve.

Comment

We spent a first rounder on him. I hate to think it was a waste. I also try hard not judge before a player has had a full shot. Toomer and Webster gave us a lot when I had written them off.

for the record I never wrote either of them off and saw absolute potential in both even when in the dog house and not playing well

Comment

for the record I never wrote either of them off and saw absolute potential in both even when in the dog house and not playing well
                          Wilson will give you a pleasant surprise this season.

Comment

Originally posted by rainierjef View Post
                            Maybe if they hear it from you they will get what I have been saying since the day we drafted him. Terrible reach pick by Reese, I hope he recovers, I hope he becomes something productive, but a Every down back thats is usually drafted in the first round is not what Wilson is.

"here comes the all-purpose yards argument…"
                            We will find out this year.

Comment

I think he still has potential. Lets see what he does behind a decent line.

Comment

Wilson will give you a pleasant surprise this season.
                                I would absolutely love that.... I just don't see it happening

Comment

Working...
                                X