No announcement yet.

nothing is impossible... David Wilson

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a first round pick is never a given. If it doenst workout then so be it. I still think Wilson can be hugely effective if used in the right way depending on his skills and how they pan out.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlueBoricua View Post
      I read that DW's injury was similar to Kiwi's. He is recuperating at a faster pace and is much younger. He will be back.
      http://nypost.com/2013/11/07/david-w...-headed-to-ir/

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...sons_pain.html

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/1/9...-giants-career

I think Wilson will be ready & healthy. imo
      1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Osi Umenyiora : " There's Nothing Like Being a NY GIANT ! "

Comment

Originally posted by B&RWarrior View Post
        We spent a first rounder on him. I hate to think it was a waste. I also try hard not judge before a player has had a full shot. Toomer and Webster gave us a lot when I had written them off.
        Big difference with RB's. If you draft aRB in round 1 he should be starting and contributing right out of the box. Its the nature of that position. WR's and especially CB's are a much different animal.
        Now, when you consider that its been 2 years and we've gotten essentially nothing out of Wilson, its reasonable to say that he is a bust. At least a bust given his draft position. No reason to believe that he won't contribute to the team in the future, but he's used up about half his prime already.

THAT...is the nature of being a RB in the NFL.
        Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
          Big difference with RB's. If you draft aRB in round 1 he should be starting and contributing right out of the box. Its the nature of that position. WR's and especially CB's are a much different animal.
          Now, when you consider that its been 2 years and we've gotten essentially nothing out of Wilson, its reasonable to say that he is a bust. At least a bust given his draft position. No reason to believe that he won't contribute to the team in the future, but he's used up about half his prime already.

How has he used up half his prime??? He's had 115 career attempts. Lesean McCoy is 3 years older than him and I'd say McCoy has at least 3-4 years of Elite production left in him.

Comment

Originally posted by JSpin View Post
            How has he used up half his prime??? He's had 115 career attempts. Lesean McCoy is 3 years older than him and I'd say McCoy has at least 3-4 years of Elite production left in him.
            4 years is generally the length of an NFL RB's prime. Not for everyone of course. But on average.
            Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

You can't call him a bust when you bench him his entire rookie year and then put a deplorable run blocking line in front of him in his second year. There are plenty of first round picks that tock more than 2 years to develop that ended up being good players.
              Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Comment

Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
                when Morehead and I agreed .... lookout!!!!

something wicked this way comes
                R.I.P Ray Bradbury

Comment

I loved the Wilson pick and I still like Wilson --- that said I would still like us to get another RB in one of rds 3, 4 or 5.

Would love to see Jennings/Wilson/Draft Pick back bring back a little 3-headed RB attack.

Comment

Agree 100%

"We don't always agree....

But when I do, I prefer Morehead State." (sounds like an insurance commercial; oh, well)

Comment

You can't call him a bust when you bench him his entire rookie year and then put a deplorable run blocking line in front of him in his second year. There are plenty of first round picks that tock more than 2 years to develop that ended up being good players.
                      Can you name 1 first rd RB that took more than 2 years to develop into a premium player? Serious question, because I can't think of even 1. Keep in mind, RB, not other positions.

Comment

Lesean McCoy makes his line look good a run blocking. It can't always be the line at some point a playmaker has to make plays.

Comment

Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
                          I'll sit and patiently wait for your examples of him showing anything but speed ..... ever

here is a list of what a quality NFL running back needs to posses .... most if not all

Vision
                          Patience
                          ability to detect a blitz ... pre snap and post
                          ability to pick up that blitz / blocking skills
                          ball security
                          cuts / change of direction.... directly related to vision
                          speed - blinding speed not necessary
                          hands out of the backfield
                          power

David Wilson possesses almost none of these

beyond break away speed he is borderline useless
                          i've seen wilson display each 1 of these things...aside from the blocking elements but i still believe he's displayed that as well at times.

Comment

another thing is, is how he was being utilized. the guys a dynamic talent.

and CJ Spiller. to the question about a 1rst rd RB who took a couple years to break out. Same for K.Moreno.

Comment

Originally posted by gmen46 View Post
                              Can you name 1 first rd RB that took more than 2 years to develop into a premium player? Serious question, because I can't think of even 1. Keep in mind, RB, not other positions.
                              cj spiller, k. moreno. i could prob name a few more if i looked into it. thats off the top of my head. lets see who else...well argument could be made for R.Bush as well in terms of running between the tackles. he was dynamic but utilized more so as a slot wr and pass catching RB his first few years. wasnt til Miami he displayed an ability to run between the tackles.

T.Richardsons struggled his first couple years. remains to see if he breaks out...who else...

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
                                i've seen wilson display each 1 of these things...aside from the blocking elements but i still believe he's displayed that as well at times.
                                on a consistent basis ?

I think not

maybe he showed some power once or twice

hey maybe he got lucky and changed direction and hit a hole once or twice as well

but the kid is a 3rd or 4th round project at best .... not a starting 1st round every down NFL back

he is just missing way too many instinctual properties needed to be an affective back in this league

and I hear all this talk about ... oh wait until he has a good line..... a good NFL RB makes his like look good sometimes and doesn't need a hole the size of the grand canyon to break one to the house

Comment

Working...
                                X