Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giants: John Mara Says Losing Justin Tuck Was Difficult For Him Personally

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...ersonally.html

Excerpt: "Free agency is nearly two weeks old now, but the loss of Justin Tuck will likely be something the Giants feel all season.

Even though the team had an opportunity to have the defensive end cheaper than his two-year $11 million deal in Oakland, they chose not to. Owner John Mara, speaking to reporters today at the owners meetings in Florida, said the decision was a hard one, and "very tough for me personally."

"You expect decisions like that in this business but there are some that affect you a little bit more than others," he said, via The Wall Street Journal.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

makes sense to me. Nine years is a decent stretch....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Now I can't make fun of your typo, grr.

I do not blame Mara for letting Tuck go at all.
      Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyy View Post

Pffffftttttt
        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

I agree. It was fine for him to feel melancholy about it but the important thing was that he pulled the trigger. He owes the fans the best team possible and we have so many holes that we need that money used for upgrades everywhere.

JT's legacy here is sealed already.
          No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
            I agree. It was fine for him to feel melancholy about it but the important thing was that he pulled the trigger. He owes the fans the best team possible and we have so many holes that we need that money used for upgrades everywhere.

It sure doesn't sound like Mara is out of the information loop

Comment

Right.
              I said in another thread that I'm glad he didn't feel bad for him and sign him.
              The first thing in to getting this team back on track is by getting younger.

Comment

Right.
                I said in another thread that I'm glad he didn't feel bad for him and sign him.
                The first thing in to getting this team back on track is by getting younger.
                Mr. Mara's priorities need to start with what is best for the fans, giving us the bset chance to win plain and simple..
                No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

After all the the success and injuries Tuck went through as a Giant cause football will take its toll on the body over time, it's nice to know he's getting paid and by none other than the Raiders.

Comment

Mr. Mara's priorities need to start with what is best for the fans, giving us the bset chance to win plain and simple..

Comment

Not only does JT deserve to get paid but he also deserves to have a Terrific season, too: 12 sacks and a ****load of plays! I still hold the belief that JT has good ball left in the tank!

Comment

Originally posted by bearbryant View Post
                        Not only does JT deserve to get paid but he also deserves to have a Terrific season, too: 12 sacks and a ****load of plays! I still hold the belief that JT has good ball left in the tank!
                        +1 That's one of my favorite guys, even when there was talk of trading him to Denver....I was so against - kind of like now...but it's a business & I'm a Giant4life....

Comment

If Tuck stayed with us, it would be another year off of Moore's development as well. The coaches must think Moore is ready to step up. This move also allows Justin to get a good payday as his career begins to wind down.
                          # 80 (For FBomb)

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                            http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...ersonally.html

Excerpt: "Free agency is nearly two weeks old now, but the loss of Justin Tuck will likely be something the Giants feel all season.

Even though the team had an opportunity to have the defensive end cheaper than his two-year $11 million deal in Oakland, they chose not to. Owner John Mara, speaking to reporters today at the owners meetings in Florida, said the decision was a hard one, and "very tough for me personally."
                            "You expect decisions like that in this business but there are some that affect you a little bit more than others," he said, via The Wall Street Journal.

With all due respect to John Mara, it's a bit disingenuous to say he believes Tuck will have a big year when if that were true, the Giants would have had no problem meeting his price!
                            I hate politically correct statements that are untrue. Just say thanks for playing hard for us for 9 years and be done with it, because the team lowballing Tuck says that the Giants were convinced he would NOT have a big year.
                            Tuck was a great Giant and he deserved better than "THANKS AND DO N T LET THE DOOR HIT YOU ON YOUR WAY OUT!"
                            "I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue58 View Post
                              With all due respect to John Mara, it's a bit disingenuous to say he believes Tuck will have a big year when if that were true, the Giants would have had no problem meeting his price!
                              I hate politically correct statements that are untrue. Just say thanks for playing hard for us for 9 years and be done with it, because the team lowballing Tuck says that the Giants were convinced he would NOT have a big year.
                              Tuck was a great Giant and he deserved better than "THANKS AND DO N T LET THE DOOR HIT YOU ON YOUR WAY OUT!"
                              Except they didn't lowball him.

Comment

Working...
                              X