if Eli were released

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheEnigma View Post
    I don't see him being cut unless he does a horrible job with an improved Oline and/or it's deemed that he simply isn't a good fit for the new offense. There are multiple factors that would be involved in such a scenario like future QB classes from the college ranks and where the Giants find themselves in the rankings but after witnessing Peyton not finish his career with one team, I wouldn't rule out anything at this point. All it takes is for Eli to still believe he has the ability and he would sign with another team. Hope it doesn't happen that way though.
    i dont see him being cut either. but if the giants dont want to give him a 3rd big contract , we may see him test the Fa waters and we match it or something.

Comment

Originally posted by gfanblue View Post
      More concerned wirh the shirtless man candy
      oh dont worry ill be adding a shirtless quinn also , this was just a teaser.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Harooni View Post
          ummm yeah i think its best if he leaves his on.
          Haha, harooni out of those 3 who's your top...

Comment

Steelers, if big ben wasn't around

Comment

Originally posted by King Sully View Post
              Haha, harooni out of those 3 who's your top...
              i think if we went with one at backup to compete with nas id pick Tebow to be honest. he has had several multi TD games and honestly dont understand the black balling he has faced in the nfl.

Comment

i think if we went with one at backup to compete with nas id pick Tebow to be honest. he has had several multi TD games and honestly dont understand the black balling he has faced in the nfl.
                Tebow isn't getting blackballed. What happens is when you're not a good player, teams tend to not want to sign you.

Comment

i dont see him being cut either. but if the giants dont want to give him a 3rd big contract , we may see him test the Fa waters and we match it or something.
                  It also takes being in the right position to grab a QB who has franchise potential. Next year's QB class is looking pretty good but it would take a bottom 10 finish to have a chance at one of those guys. Eli's contract is very friendly in 2015 in terms of cutting him so if they felt a franchise QB was there for the taking, it wouldn't shock me. Odds are though that Eli returns to some form between 11 and 12, gets a contract extension, and the organization focuses on rebuilding the front 7 of the D and the OL.

Comment

Because he struggles with throwing and reading defenses. To take him on you'd essentially need to dumb down your offense.

Comment

It also takes being in the right position to grab a QB who has franchise potential. Next year's QB class is looking pretty good but it would take a bottom 10 finish to have a chance at one of those guys. Eli's contract is very friendly in 2015 in terms of cutting him so if they felt a franchise QB was there for the taking, it wouldn't shock me. Odds are though that Eli returns to some form between 11 and 12, gets a contract extension, and the organization focuses on rebuilding the front 7 of the D and the OL.
                      id be shocked because its not really giants style to do that ,if anything they keep guys to long, also how popular Eli is he could literately be at the bottom of the list of qb's again and his fans will not bat an eye and would still fill seats and want him to start. part of this whole franchise QB thing is selling tickets and manning name does that.

Comment

This or Cardinals.
                        I am sure they're sticking with Carson Palmer.

Browns would call. Texans would call. There are a bunch of teams that would call if Eli Manning were available.

Comment

Originally posted by Drez View Post
                          Tebow isn't getting blackballed. What happens is when you're not a good player, teams tend to not want to sign you.
                          sorry with the pryors and painters in the nfl i just cant imagine he cant be a backup or even a 3rd string somewhere, i think he has been blackballed. has to be politics.

Comment

Originally posted by DSP View Post
                            If Eli had been cut this offseason where do you see him landing? Who would be the best fit?
                            He would re-sign with the Giants at a max contract.

Comment

sorry with the pryors and painters in the nfl i just cant imagine he cant be a backup or even a 3rd string somewhere, i think he has been blackballed. has to be politics.
                              Because he can't function in a traditional offense. Why would a team want to formulate a different offense for their backup?

The Patriots gave him a shot. If you fail there, there's a good chance you aren't very good.

Comment

Pryor may soon be on his way out of the NFL, too. Painter, as bad as he is, is still a better QB than Tebow. At least with Painter, you can have him run and NFL offense. You can't give Tebow an NFL offense to run. He was barely successful running the college/hybrid offense that McCoy was running with him. Tebow may be a better athlete, but he's a complete failure as an NFL QB.

Comment

Working...
                                X