if Eli were released

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Harooni View Post
    we backed in to the playoffs 07 and eli has had a few 0 rating games. like i said the team around the QB can pull it off in the right circumstances, its why grossman got to the nfc champ game.

I feel badly for the guy,” Tisch said. “Had another team picked him up after the Broncos, maybe he'd have a career. I think him going from the Broncos to the Jets was not in anybody's best interests.”

Tisch went on to say that he’d like to see Tebow make an NFL roster again —

“I hope he plays football,” Tisch said. “I think he's got talent, (and) I think he's probably a decent guy and not a bad quarterback. So I wish him all the best. … I think he should try to get a job in the NFL, not in the lingerie league.”
    Tisch was probably angling to get Tebow for a movie, lol.

Comment

i believe tiki was blackballed as well. and you cant say he wasnt good. nfl is like the free masons.
      Tiki "blackballed" himself by being an egotistcal *******

oh yeah....he retired on his own because wittle Tiki wiki had the fun taken away from him by big bad Tommy Coughlin.....
      Last edited by GameTime; 03-28-2014, 08:12 AM.
      "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
      You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

we backed in to the playoffs 07 and eli has had a few 0 rating games. like i said the team around the QB can pull it off in the right circumstances, its why grossman got to the nfc champ game.

I feel badly for the guy,” Tisch said. “Had another team picked him up after the Broncos, maybe he'd have a career. I think him going from the Broncos to the Jets was not in anybody's best interests.”

Tisch went on to say that he’d like to see Tebow make an NFL roster again —

“I hope he plays football,” Tisch said. “I think he's got talent, (and) I think he's probably a decent guy and not a bad quarterback. So I wish him all the best. … I think he should try to get a job in the NFL, not in the lingerie league.”
        If you call making the playoffs with a 10-6 record "backing in", then sure.

The Broncos won their division with an 8-8 record, whereas the Giants came second in theirs with 10-6. That speaks volumes as to the quality of opposition those two teams faced. It's really hard to compare those two situations.

What do you mean by "0 rating"? If you mean QB rating, then no, Eli hasn't had a single one that low. Nor has Tebow for that matter. It'd be a difficult task to accomplish.

like i said the team around the QB can pull it off in the right circumstances, its why grossman got to the nfc champ game.
        And it's also why they couldn't win a Super Bowl. It's also why the Broncos couldn't pass the Patriots in 2011. If your quarterback isn't up to par, you aren't going to win anything.

Not sure what relevance the quote from Tisch has...

Comment

• He would go be a Nawlins Saint.... Drew would have to go someplace else ;-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
            If you call making the playoffs with a 10-6 record "backing in", then sure.

The Broncos won their division with an 8-8 record, whereas the Giants came second in theirs with 10-6. That speaks volumes as to the quality of opposition those two teams faced. It's really hard to compare those two situations.

What do you mean by "0 rating"? If you mean QB rating, then no, Eli hasn't had a single one that low. Nor has Tebow for that matter. It'd be a difficult task to accomplish.

And it's also why they couldn't win a Super Bowl. It's also why the Broncos couldn't pass the Patriots in 2011. If your quarterback isn't up to par, you aren't going to win anything.

Not sure what relevance the quote from Tisch has...

we didnt win the div in 07. 10 wins might look good in the recent nfc east records but its not that great for the nfc.

also my mistake i thought eli had a few 0's but he had 1 eli 2004 vs bal 0 QB rating , and plenty below 50 ratings. but the point was that many good QB's have gone through growing pains, its just some are fortune enough to get more chances and some not so much. and with tebow his numbers were better than some very good qb's his first 15 games so to me it screams blackballed.

Comment

we didnt win the div in 07. 10 wins might look good in the recent nfc east records but its not that great for the nfc.

also my mistake i thought eli had a few 0's but he had 1 eli 2004 vs bal 0 QB rating , and plenty below 50 ratings. but the point was that many good QB's have gone through growing pains, its just some are fortune enough to get more chances and some not so much. and with tebow his numbers were better than some very good qb's his first 15 games so to me it screams blackballed.
              Some guys get chances because they show the potential to be good. Tebow has not done that.

Also, securing a WC spot doesn't mean we backed into the playoffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drez View Post
                Some guys get chances because they show the potential to be good. Tebow has not done that.

Also, securing a WC spot doesn't mean we backed into the playoffs.
                I think it's interesting how Tebow is deemed a "winner" but hasn't consistently done such, whereas Eli gets knocked for his inconsistencies.
                Which Eli is very inconsistent, but the double standards....
                Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                  I think it's interesting how Tebow is deemed a "winner" but hasn't consistently done such, whereas Eli gets knocked for his inconsistencies.
                  Which Eli is very inconsistent, but the double standards....
                  Yup...

But, Eli only got a chance because his last name is Manning...

Comment

• Originally posted by Drez View Post
                    Yup...

But, Eli only got a chance because his last name is Manning...
                    The reasonings behind double standards are quite asinine as well lol.
                    Oh well.

Comment

• i dont think he is deemed a winner because he cant even find a backup job in the nfl. which ok if you dont think he is a starter, but he isnt a 2nd or 3rd string guy? i dont get it really. politics plays its role in the nfl and its the reason guys like moss stayed on our roster because where he was drafted and picks used.

Comment

i dont think he is deemed a winner because he cant even find a backup job in the nfl. which ok if you dont think he is a starter, but he isnt a 2nd or 3rd string guy? i dont get it really. politics plays its role in the nfl and its the reason guys like moss stayed on our roster because where he was drafted and picks used.
                        No.
                        How do I know that? Because he is out of work.
                        He's not even valuable as a backup.

Comment

No.
                          How do I know that? Because he is out of work.
                          He's not even valuable as a backup.
                          yet painter is with 6 td's 13 ints and 8 fumbles to his credit. like i said its politics and blackballing, very simple.

Comment

yet painter is with 6 td's 13 ints and 8 fumbles to his credit. like i said its politics and blackballing, very simple.
                            Painter sucks, but he's not nearly as bad as Tebow.

Comment

Painter sucks, but he's not nearly as bad as Tebow.
                              http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2011/10/...ts-saints-2011

(rolls eyes)

Comment

But, Painter is exepected to run a professional offense, Tebow is not.

Comment

Working...
                                X