Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's GB boards saying?

Are they pretty confident or are some of them a bit worried
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
    4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE
    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Re: What's GB boards saying?

[quote user="miked1958"]Are they pretty confident or are some of them a bit worried[/quote] Overall, I get the impression that they know they have a tough game ahead of them, but they still think they can pull it through. Kind of like us..
    Mood: WOOF!

Comment

[quote user="Rudyy"][quote user="miked1958"]Are they pretty confident or are some of them a bit worried[/quote] Overall, I get the impression that they know they have a tough game ahead of them, but they still think they can pull it through. Kind of like us..[/quote]

Similar to the last playoff go-around. Pretty much what I expected to hear. I wouldn't expect anything else from their fans. All In, all hands on deck, let's leave it all on the field.

Over 7000 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Comment

[quote user="repeatchamps"]

[quote user="Rudyy"][quote user="miked1958"]Are they pretty confident or are some of them a bit worried[/quote] Overall, I get the impression that they know they have a tough game ahead of them, but they still think they can pull it through. Kind of like us..[/quote]

Similar to the last playoff go-around. Pretty much what I expected to hear. I wouldn't expect anything else from their fans. All In, all hands on deck, let's leave it all on the field.

[/quote]Thathow you'dexpect a class organization's fans to act. Just like Eagles fans. []
        No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

[quote user="jomo"][quote user="repeatchamps"]

[/quote]That*how you'd*expect a class organization's fans to act. Just like Eagles fans. [][/quote]

They have class fans.... My buddy is a big pack fan can't wait to watch the gmen stifle their offense

Comment

Just like Pats fans in 2007-08. They feel good, but not great about their chances. 35-38 had something to do with both of them.

Comment

I have always had great respect for the Packers, and all organization that represent the best that the league stand for. That is why I have always been proud of our team to be in the best division in the league, where only classic organizations are welcome... that is if we can turn a blind eye to the idiotic eagles. Having said that, there is nothing as great as the Giants. What a pleasure it is to watch them build a roster full of stand up warriors; and none bigger than their head coach.

Comment

Packer fans are knowledgable and not overly homerish either.

most have said we were the one team they didn't want to face, but they're not down on their team so few if any are predicting they'll lose.

there's a couple saying we have no chance, but they get ridiculed pretty quickly for saying as much.
                sigpic

Comment

As a representative of a few of those Packers boards I'd like to give my 2 cents on the matter.

Neither team is the same as the teams who played each other in the regular season. Green Bay has reason to worry because, unlike the previous meeting, the G-Men will be at full strength on the D-Line. This might be the most ferocious pass rush Green Bay has seen all season long. Likewise, unlike the previous meeting, the Packers will be at full strength on the O-Line. Chad Clifton and Bryan Bulaga will be returning to their starting roles at left and right tackle. TJ Lang then will be able to return to his natural left guard spot. The battles in the trenches will be very, very different. I still give the edge to the Giants pass rush but it's not as wide a gap as most would suggest.

When we get past the battles in the trenches and pressure starts to mount on Aaron Rodgers, then we'll get to see the best QB under pressure in the NFL do his thing. Everybody knows what AR can do in a clean pocket with time to go through his reads. Even more importantly, as it relates to this game especially, AR is the best QB in the NFL against pressure. The only way to rattle him is by having both an elite pass rush that can get to him with just 4 AND outstanding cover DB's. The former you guys have, but the latter leaves something to be desired.

Here's the bottom line as I see it. The best chance for New York to win is in a shootout because, while the G-Men will certainly create pressure on AR, I don't think it'll be enough to rattle him and get him out of his game. Rodgers is just too efficient even under incredible pressure and the Giants defensive backfield is not great. Green Bay is going to put points on the board. Eli and that offense is going to have to put up a pretty crooked number, something they are obviously capable of.

But we as Packer fans feel the same way about our chances. For good reason we believe we can win a shootout with any team in the NFL. So here's my prediction. If the combined final score is somewhere in the 80's then Green Bay hosts New Orleans next weekend for the right to go to Indianapolis. If the combined final score is somewhere in the 30's or 40's then the Giants will be headed to New Orleans to punch their ticket to the show.

Comment

As a representative of nobody, not even myself, allow me to tell you in advance....
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9z8F4fgj6Q

Comment

[quote user="shotcalla39"][quote user="jomo"][quote user="repeatchamps"]

[/quote]Thathow you'dexpect a class organization's fans to act. Just like Eagles fans. [][/quote] They have class fans.... My buddy is a big pack fan can't wait to watch the gmen stifle their offense[/quote]Their fans were the best oposing fans I've seen in our stadium and there were a boat load of them earlier this year. I was contrasting them with the team in green from down the turnpike.
                      No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

I was browsing their forums and there was a lot of noise about JPP apparently predicting a win. then a couple of their fans saying they hope he gets an ACL injury. a couple other fans called them out on it though. i am too lazy to go find the link but it is out there in their forums.

Comment

[quote user="sausage"]I was browsing their forums and there was a lot of noise about JPP apparently predicting a win. then a couple of their fans saying they hope he gets an ACL injury. a couple other fans called them out on it though. i am too lazy to go find the link but it is out there in their forums.
                          [/quote]

Not taking a personal shot at your post, but is there anything that can't be found in a message board? I even saw a couple comments on this board about the son of the Packers OC that I would say were less than respectful. Overall, Packer fans seem to know football and respect the game and the players/coaches. I hope the Packers, as a team, become over-confident - but I don't expect they will.

Comment

i was just answering the question

[quote user="chasjay"][quote user="sausage"]I was browsing their forums and there was a lot of noise about JPP apparently predicting a win. then a couple of their fans saying they hope he gets an ACL injury. a couple other fans called them out on it though. i am too lazy to go find the link but it is out there in their forums.
                            [/quote]

Not taking a personal shot at your post, but is there anything that can't be found in a message board? I even saw a couple comments on this board about the son of the Packers OC that I would say were less than respectful. Overall, Packer fans seem to know football and respect the game and the players/coaches. I hope the Packers, as a team, become over-confident - but I don't expect they will.
                            [/quote]

Comment

[quote user="miked1958"]Are they pretty confident or are some of them a bit worried[/quote]

most seem to think we have no shot
                              https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

Comment

Working...
                              X