2014 Salaries

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 Salaries

Just looking at the player's salaries and noticing several players are not making a lot this year - the big (or bigger) money kicks in in 2015. I'm not sure if this takes into account signing bonuses so maybe someone can chime in on that.
    Torque it till it breaks, then back off a 1/4 turn.

Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
    Just looking at the player's salaries and noticing several players are not making a lot this year - the big (or bigger) money kicks in in 2015. I'm not sure if this takes into account signing bonuses so maybe someone can chime in on that.
    I've got you penciled in for a big raise this year Rosey.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
      I've got you penciled in for a big raise this year Rosey.
      "penciled"???? that's cold!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlue1971 View Post
        "penciled"???? that's cold!
        Rosey knows who he can trust...........

Comment

Rosey knows who he can trust...........

Actually that was a terrible OP as I forgot to post a link and didn't explain the point well.

Our recent signings like Beason, Jennings, Holiday, Manningham, Jerry, DRC, and McBride are all making salaries under 1 million this year. But with further digging I see that doesn't include signing bonuses.

http://www.overthecap.com/teamcap.ph...ants&Year=2014
          Torque it till it breaks, then back off a 1/4 turn.

Comment

Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
            Our recent signings like Beason, Jennings, Holiday, Manningham, Jerry, DRC, and McBride are all making salaries under 1 million this year. But with further digging I see that doesn't include signing bonuses.

http://www.overthecap.com/teamcap.ph...ants&Year=2014
            That's how it works... The signing bonus is paid out instantly, but the hit from it is spread along the life of the contract. "Prorated bonus" lists what proportion of it is counting towards a specific year.

Comment

Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
              That's how it works... The signing bonus is paid out instantly, but the hit from it is spread along the life of the contract. "Prorated bonus" lists what proportion of it is counting towards a specific year.
              Right, difference from one year to the next has nothing to do with a signing bonus, it is completely the base salary.

For instance, Beason's base salary this year is 730k, next year its 3.6 mil.

The signing bonus is evenly spread throughout the contract, so it can not account for any salary jumps

Comment

looking at 2015 cap hits, i see beatty and cruz at 8mill, kiwi at 7.4 mil , beason at 7.2 mil. DRC 7.2mil shwartz 5mill

i hope these FA's pan out . i thought JB got a little too much i was hoping 4-5 a season.

Comment

Originally posted by Harooni View Post
                  looking at 2015 cap hits, i see beatty and cruz at 8mill, kiwi at 7.4 mil , beason at 7.2 mil. DRC 7.2mil shwartz 5mill

i hope these FA's pan out . i thought JB got a little too much i was hoping 4-5 a season.
                  If Beatty doesn't rebound to any acceptable level, do you have any sense about whether we can get out of jail with him in 2016? That's a large chunk of dead money there in the meantime.

Comment

If Beatty doesn't rebound to any acceptable level, do you have any sense about whether we can get out of jail with him in 2016? That's a large chunk of dead money there in the meantime.
                    yeah if he has a horrible year we are in trouble , we have to eat a huge chunk there. i dont see any way of avoiding it, we cant then have him take up 9mil the next season.
                    Last edited by Harooni; 03-29-2014, 11:47 PM.

Comment

It looks like we have $108,040,371 for 2015, and with estimates of the cap being at 140 million, we should have enough to re-sign JPP,Prince and others.

Comment

Cap # could reach $145 next year and $160 by 2016...so "overpaying" for players now won't really hurt long term. For EX, paying someone like cruz 7-8 mil a year last year seemed like a good deal and will seem even better when the cap is at $160 and other comparative players are earning 9-10 a year. that's why I'm in favor of signing JPP to a deal this year (that kicks in next year) because he could probably be had for cheaper than if he blows up and if you pay him $8-9 mil a year that won't be crazy when in 2 years #1 DE are earning 13 a year

Comment

Originally posted by quan the don View Post
                          It looks like we have $108,040,371 for 2015, and with estimates of the cap being at 140 million, we should have enough to re-sign JPP,Prince and others.
                          Also would save 5 mil if they release Kiwi next year

And it would be Eli's last year of his contract, so thats a big unknown

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                            Also would save 5 mil if they release Kiwi next year

And it would be Eli's last year of his contract, so thats a big unknown
                            Letting Kiwi go appears to be low hanging fruit, it they address it in this year's or next year's draft.
                            $5M gets us a solid player in Kiwi but not a good value imo.

Comment

Letting Kiwi go appears to be low hanging fruit, it they address it in this year's or next year's draft.
                              $5M gets us a solid player in Kiwi but not a good value imo.
                              Unless you're referring to the fruit there is no solid kiwi on the giants

Comment

Working...
                              X