What do we do about the D-Line?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Captain Chaos View Post
    Not bad, not sure if Stork will be there in the 5th some have him going in the 4th. Think if we are going to take a risk on a OT late in the draft Seantrel Henderson has some up side, and definitely would look at Larry Webster DE who has some pedigree and speed.
    at center.. Martin, Westburg, Swanson are 1, 2 & 3.. I've seen both Larsen and Stork in round 5.. I'd be happy with either

and Henderson is big time underachiever.. while Michael Schofield is a overachiever.. I'd rather take Schofield
    Last edited by Carter.525; 03-30-2014, 06:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Drystt View Post
      I think that it is a possibility that NYG trade up to the 2nd overall pick from St.Louis to get Clowney. What they'll give up.. not sure maybe another Eli Manning type trade deal. It should most def show some balls.
      That's a ballsy bold statement and I would be the first to come back here and give you props. No chance this happens and if it did I would grab a pitchfork and a torch and lead a pack of Giants fans looking for Jerry Reese. This is one of the deepest drafts in a while and the goal should be to pick up picks, not give them away.

Comment

Originally posted by Drystt View Post
        I think that it is a possibility that NYG trade up to the 2nd overall pick from St.Louis to get Clowney. What they'll give up.. not sure maybe another Eli Manning type trade deal. It should most def show some balls.
        I said the same thing a couple of weeks ago. It would be a bold move but that seems to be the theme at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by gmen43 View Post
          We have needs at TE, C, DT, DE and arguably WR. I think Moore and JPP are set as the starting DE, but behind them we have nothing. I think hankins and jenkins are set as the starting DT but behind them we have nothing. I think we need to address both DT and DE within the first 3 rounds and then take a C, TE, WR with the other pick
          How is Moore set as a starter? He has done nothing with the exception of special teams

Comment

If we draft Aaron Donald (Pitt, DT) in the 1st and Kareem Martin (UNC, DE) in the 2nd we would be looking pretty good
            Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

If the Giants decide to go DE in the 2nd rd---Crichton and Kareem Martin are 2 names that seem to be popular with Giants fans. But if the Giants decide to go DE later on in the draft---maybe names like Josh Mauro, Will Clarke, Michael Sam, and James Gayle are possibilities somewhere in between rds 4 and 6?

I have no problem with a DT in the draft. If Donald is not taken for one reason or another, how about guys like Anthony Johnson in the 3rd rd? Jay Bromley in the 6th rd? Anyone have objections with RaShede Hageman?

I think trying to re-sign Patterson or sign Kevin Williams at DT is also an option to address the DT depth.

Comment

Originally posted by Kase-1 View Post
                If we draft Aaron Donald (Pitt, DT) in the 1st and Kareem Martin (UNC, DE) in the 2nd we would be looking pretty good
                + 500

Comment

Originally posted by Kase-1 View Post
                  Hey Kase, I wouldnt object with your mock. I would like to see Seferian-Jenkins available in the 3rd, but Im thinking he would be gone. The same with Swanson---dont know if he will be there in the 4th, but would like to see him in a Giants uni.

Comment

Even after the free agency signings, still so many holes.

DE, OL, TE, DT

WR is meaningless without a solid OL and TE.

Comment

Originally posted by moosedrool View Post

DE, OL, TE, DT

Thats why I would not be upset if the Giants waited on drafting another WR. By that I mean, though there is some talented 1st rd WRs, they can draft a WR in the mid to later rds.

TE is a need, another Guard and/or center as well. Even if the Giants draft a center and/or guard to develop for a yr or so before taking over for Snee and Walton, that position needs to be addressed.

And yes, DE and DT still is thin. So drafting one or the other along with maybe a FA signing down the road, is a must.

Comment

Originally posted by moosedrool View Post

DE, OL, TE, DT

I'd take a real good #1 WR prospect before I draft a TE.
                        Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Comment

Originally posted by B&RWarrior View Post
                          I don't know about that, TE is a blocker first, unless McAdoo changes that. Everyone seems to agree giving Eli a few more seconds is THE goal. Accomplish that and then draft whoever else.
                          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by B&RWarrior View Post
                            Evans and Watkins will be long gone. If Evans slips, despite the dire need for help on both lines, he is a difference maker. After those two guys, no way WR at 12.

Comment

i could see us trading down as this is a deep draft. san fran just lost a starting CB to a felony so they will have to address that in the draft. i think they have a ton of picks. if the best CB is there at 12, that may be a way to trade down.

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                                I don't know about that, TE is a blocker first, unless McAdoo changes that. Everyone seems to agree giving Eli a few more seconds is THE goal. Accomplish that and then draft whoever else.
                                along with giving Eli some more time in the pocket, a younger and stronger O-line will also benefit Jennings, Hillis, and Wilson(fingers crossed).

Comment

Working...
                                X