Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do we do about the D-Line?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What do we do about the D-Line?

    Hi All!

    So we got JPP, who may not be himself ever again. MK looked like he was on a morphine drip the entire year, and Jenkins whose best years are likely long gone. Who the heck are we going to have to collapse pockets and put QBs on their butts? Is the answer no-one? Is this why we went so hard on a new secondary? What do you guy's think of our choices? We can't let offenses push us around like 2013!

    Cheers!

  • #2
    Need to draft a DT and DE early.. Can't lose your identity

    Comment


    • #3
      I think that it is a possibility that NYG trade up to the 2nd overall pick from St.Louis to get Clowney. What they'll give up.. not sure maybe another Eli Manning type trade deal. It should most def show some balls.


      Rudy was my side chick.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Drystt View Post
        I think that it is a possibility that NYG trade up to the 2nd overall pick from St.Louis to get Clowney. What they'll give up.. not sure maybe another Eli Manning type trade deal. It should most def show some balls.
        not a chance
        "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

        1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by fansince69 View Post
          not a chance
          You heard is here first!


          Rudy was my side chick.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Drystt View Post
            You heard is here first!
            and then here..

            Comment


            • #7
              Awesome way to get your post count up bro!


              Rudy was my side chick.

              Comment


              • #8
                Ya pretty cool huh! Bra.. dork

                Comment


                • #9
                  Whoever we get, we need to get back to blitzing. We don't need to have 4 JPP's on the line. We just need serviceable players to do their job by designing better schemes. Just bringing 4 guys every play isn't going to work very often. This is what irritates me about Fewell.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by URILLUSION View Post
                    Hi All!

                    So we got JPP, who may not be himself ever again. MK looked like he was on a morphine drip the entire year, and Jenkins whose best years are likely long gone. Who the heck are we going to have to collapse pockets and put QBs on their butts? Is the answer no-one? Is this why we went so hard on a new secondary? What do you guy's think of our choices? We can't let offenses push us around like 2013!

                    Cheers!
                    When you invest premium picks in the position like the Giants did with Hankins (2nd) and Moore (3rd), at some point you have to definitively find out if they can play. And this is the year they find out about these two guys.

                    It's impossible to have "sure things" at every position. Not when you have a salary cap. All teams have a couple of positions where they have questions and they just hope that they put enough potential talent there that it works out and the position is productive.

                    Every team is relying on either a young player to break out or a vet to bounce back and that's pretty much where the giants are with the DL.

                    They're hoping that JPP's down production last year was health related, and being healthy will bring him back. I personally also think he was much more productive playing on the strong side (where tuck played) than the weak side.

                    They're hoping that having a 2nd year back at the position helps Kiwi become more productive.

                    Jenkins was a good player for us last year, he's probably the one player on the DL that they're the most confident on what they're going to get from him.

                    I don't think they invest any premium picks on the DL this season, they did it last year in preparation for this moment. I think they wait until after the draft and look at some additional vets to bring in to bolster the position.

                    Patterson was a guy that came late last offseason and he was very solid, as was rogers (though I think he's done). There are still a number of vet DE's that can be had on low end deals that can give some good snaps.

                    So, I think they have options on the DL, they just don't know yet quite what each guy will bring.
                    All Hail The New York Giants!!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      D-line looks like it will be weak link. If JPP doesn't round back into form of a couple of years ago they will be horrible. LB's and secondary should be much stronger. Defense could be marginally better but hard to win with a weak D-line.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Definitely need to go both DT/DE within first 3-4 rounds and need at least 1 starting DE/Dt from the draft

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by TroyArcher View Post
                          D-line looks like it will be weak link. If JPP doesn't round back into form of a couple of years ago they will be horrible. LB's and secondary should be much stronger. Defense could be marginally better but hard to win with a weak D-line.
                          With better cover guys, fewell needs to trust the coverage so we can send that extra blitzer or two. Forget the bend don't break bs, That's what is going to improve out defense.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Aaron. Freaking. Donald.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by URILLUSION View Post
                              Hi All!

                              So we got JPP, who may not be himself ever again. MK looked like he was on a morphine drip the entire year, and Jenkins whose best years are likely long gone. Who the heck are we going to have to collapse pockets and put QBs on their butts? Is the answer no-one? Is this why we went so hard on a new secondary? What do you guy's think of our choices? We can't let offenses push us around like 2013!

                              Cheers!
                              Jenkins may well have been our best and most versatile interior DLineman last season. More sacks (5) and forced fumbles (2) than Joseph (3)/(1), Mike Patterson and (0), (0). He's not the long term future, but he's still effective and can pay outside as well.
                              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X