Do we try and keep Jacobs?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do we try and keep Jacobs?

Basically implied he wouldn't be here next season - what does one do?

Re: Do we try and keep Jacobs?

Try to keep him.

He's our best back.

Comment

We keep him

Comment

anyone got his specific contract deets?

Comment

He is still signed for another year but all be shocked if they honour it due to the fact its some what high.

Big fan of Jacobs personally and we may never see someone of his size and speed play Hb again.

The Gigalo with the most below

Comment

[quote user="Martyr"]

He is still signed for another year but all be shocked if they honour it due to the fact its some what high.

Big fan of Jacobs personally and we may never see someone of his size and speed play Hb again.

[/quote]

The way players have " grown " over the years would not be surprised to see many backs his size down the road. That, and lineman will be 350- 400 #s with speed [:O]

Comment

[quote user="RedskinHater"][quote user="Martyr"]

[/quote]

The way players have " grown " over the years would not be surprised to see many backs his size down the road. That, and lineman will be 350- 400 #s with speed [:O]

[/quote]

I completely agree. Atheletes in basketball and football especially are getting bigger, faster and stronger. There never were guys like Lebron James or JPP or Brandon Jacobs 30 years ago.

Comment

He is due 4.4 mil this spring. He wont get that. We will renegotiate or he will be cut.

I hate that this is the case, but he obviously knows it to be true too.
                sigpic

Comment

He wants to be a full time every down back not sure how we can keep him happy. Too bad always liked him

Comment

[quote user="BlueSanta"]He is due 4.4 mil this spring. He wont get that. We will renegotiate or he will be cut.

[/quote]

I dont understand................didnt he re-negotiate before this season to help get bradshaw signed?? How in the hell can they NOT pay him what they agreed to pay him before this season??

Comment

I hope we keep him, I love the fact that the Giants always want a big back. Before it was Ron Dayne (not the greatest but he did provide a good change of pace). I don't know how many times defenses are ready for Bradshaw to cut it back and prepare for his speed, then we put in Jacobs and he just runs through people. You can't prepare for how jacobs runs.

Comment

He is still under contract so he should still be here.

Comment

Maybe we could try to keep him as or Director of Public Relations. Just kidding, I love the guy and hope he's a Giant for years to come.

Comment

[quote user="53canton"][quote user="BlueSanta"]He is due 4.4 mil this spring. He wont get that. We will renegotiate or he will be cut.

[/quote] I dont understand................didnt he re-negotiate before this season to help get bradshaw signed?? How in the hell can they NOT pay him what they agreed to pay him before this season??[/quote]

He restructured it.....not exactly sure how but I'm assuming he took a cut this year and they backloaded the contract with that $$$ for next year hence the 4.4 the Giants owe him........if they cut him he doesn't get paid.

I love the guy I hope he comes back.....but it's a business decision......too many apples to juggle.

Comment

I say we keep him and Osi. Reese and Osi will sit down and work out a new deal after this season. I'm confident

Comment

Working...
                              X