We have by far the best defense in the division

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jomo View Post
    Totally agree, I wouldn't get too carried away with the rhetoric. Learn by my mistakes, lol.
    Last year at this time I was delcaring our WR corps as the best in Giants history and one of the 3 or 4 best in the league.
    Oh well...........
    The Giant's will most likely have the best defense in the division but I don't think that's the issue. The Giant's offense is what worries me and they haven't done much to shore it up player wise...

Comment

we have a nice roster and some really nice potential. That's it for now
      "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
      You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by J. Tuck Rule View Post
        Last year, statistically, the Giants had the worst. So, maybe I was right and 'the best' doesnt mean what he thinks it means.
        Originally posted by gmen46 View Post
        What statistics are you using?

Redskins and Cowboys allowed 95 and 49 MORE points, respectively, than the Giants. Eagles allowed one less point--one--than the Giants, making that a statistical tie in points per game allowed.

Cowboys allowed the most yards per game in the NFL (415.3 yds), Eagles allowed the 4th most yards per game in the league (394 yds), Redskins allowed the 15th most yds per game (354.1 yds per), while the Giants allowed the 25th most yds per game (ie, 8th BEST in the league in fewest yds, with 332.2 yds allowed per game).

In another crucial measurement of defensive success or failure--3rd down conversions--Cowboys were 4th worst in conversions allowed (43%), the Giants, Eagles--and Steelers--were tied for 9th worst in conversions allowed (40%), while the Redskins were admittedly far better in this statistic allowing 34% conversion rate, surpassed only by Bengals and Lions in this category.

The Giants 17 interceptions by defense were exceeded only by the Eagles' 19, while Cowboys and Redskins had 15 and 16 INTs, respectively.

Cowboys had 13 fumble recoveries, while Giants and Eagles had 12. Redskins recovered only 9.

Even in sacks, which the Giants admittedly were fairly pathetic in getting last year, giants were tied with Cowboys at 34 sacks, while Redskins had 36 and Eagles had 37--hardly a ringing superiority in defensive prowess by Washington and Philadelphia.

I'm beginning to wonder if "statistically worst" means what YOU think it means.
        Hahaha owned.

Comment

We haven't given up any points this whole Spring.

Comment

Originally posted by Roswell777 View Post
            We haven't given up any points this whole Spring.
            Yes we are the best in the NFL right now hands down the
            greatest D in April 2014.

All HOF players we are so blessed.

Now, how many months until regular season game 1 ?
            sigpic

LT - Carson - Kelley - Van Pelt

Comment

Originally posted by dayeh33 View Post
              Feels nice to say that lol.
              Woah pump the brakes, pump the brakes. Let them prove it; only paper champs at this point.

Comment

Actually, the Giants D was very good last yr considering that at least 50 or more pts credited to their D were scored via pick 6s, fumble recoveries for a TD, Cruz fumble/strip in 2nd girls game, punt rt for TDs by Denver & KC, Blocked punt for TD in Eagles game.

Comment

Originally posted by Drez View Post
                  On paper, likely. Unless JPP returns to form, our pass rush is still very questionable.
                  i will say the same thing I said in the thread about us having the best secondary on paper.

You know at the end of the day or in the morning for some what you can do with paper? Wipe your *** with it cause that's all it's good for. Anyone remember that DREAM TEAM the Eagles out together a few years back. Beat team in the NFL on paper, heck best in history even, lol. We all know how that turned out
                  Football has been very, very good to us.
                  After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                  But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                  2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                  3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                  4-New York Giants!!!
                  5-NE
                  Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Originally posted by dayeh33 View Post
                    Feels nice to say that lol.
                    NFC East Dream Team part II lol

Comment

You all take things a little too much into detail.. ON PAPER we have the best defense in the division BY FAR.. and even off paper we should have the best D in the division.. stop lying to yourselves

Comment

Its an easy trap to fall into. We pick up so many FAs you think "Wow look at all these guys we got from those teams". You read the articles on Giants.com that are all glowing stories welcoming them to the team. FAs often carry an air of being better than a guy we let go. I font know why some people think that, but they do.
                        We have picked up some good pieces. If at least step up to expectations, we could be a solid D again. It's fun to think about what we may be, but let's wait and see some play.
                        # 80 (For FBomb)

Comment

Originally posted by GiantRoc View Post
                          Its an easy trap to fall into. We pick up so many FAs you think "Wow look at all these guys we got from those teams". You read the articles on Giants.com that are all glowing stories welcoming them to the team. FAs often carry an air of being better than a guy we let go. I font know why some people think that, but they do.
                          We have picked up some good pieces. If at least step up to expectations, we could be a solid D again. It's fun to think about what we may be, but let's wait and see some play.
                          Yeah it's easy for anyone who's brand new to think a brand new defense is the best, but for those of us who been around for a minute, know wayyy better lol We have been surrounded by the biggest FA spenders in our own division and we're the only SB Champions in our division in a long-long time.

Although, we didn't spend ridiculously like our divisional foes, we are basically, a brand new team, new OC, new way of doing things-1 yr contracts (FA spending). We may not how they play together, but 1 good thing is we have extra time to prepare playing in the Hall of Fame game this year, but it's crazy to believe we are the best anything with so many players having so much too prove.

Comment

Our only proven pass rusher on the defensive line is JPP, whos been injured alot and hasent really made a impact like that big 2011 he had. If we add one or 2 more Dlineman who are real deal players, i'd feel more comfortable with this statement, at least as far as you can being that its only April.lol

Comment

Originally posted by memfist.ten View Post
                              Yeah it's easy for anyone who's brand new to think a brand new defense is the best, but for those of us who been around for a minute, know wayyy better lol We have been surrounded by the biggest FA spenders in our own division and we're the only SB Champions in our division in a long-long time.

Although, we didn't spend ridiculously like our divisional foes, we are basically, a brand new team, new OC, new way of doing things-1 yr contracts (FA spending). We may not how they play together, but 1 good thing is we have extra time to prepare playing in the Hall of Fame game this year, but it's crazy to believe we are the best anything with so many players having so much too prove.
                              What I like about what Reese did is he didn't absurdly overpay anybody for what they can bring to the table. Whether that holds up when the season starts, we'll see... but I for one am very hopeful...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

On paper it looks solid with fairly good depth all around.
                                That been said I hope the fans don't fall in that sense of false security. The mentality of that 2011 Eagles preaseason team is a reminder of how things can go south even before they start. Just ask DRC and he can tell you first hand.
                                " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Comment

Working...
                                X