We have by far the best defense in the division

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
    i will say the same thing I said in the thread about us having the best secondary on paper.

You know at the end of the day or in the morning for some what you can do with paper? Wipe your *** with it cause that's all it's good for. Anyone remember that DREAM TEAM the Eagles out together a few years back. Beat team in the NFL on paper, heck best in history even, lol. We all know how that turned out
    Haha I noticed a spelling error in this post I was going to fix... And after reading for a second time I decided to leave it. Did you guys see it lol
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
    4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE
    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Originally posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
      On paper it looks solid with fairly good depth all around.
      That been said I hope the fans don't fall in that sense of false security. The mentality of that 2011 Eagles preaseason team is a reminder of how things can go south even before they start. Just ask DRC and he can tell you first hand.
      Yep I agree.. I even made a similar statement above
      After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back

4-New York Giants!!!
      5-NE

Comment

Yep I agree.. I even made a similar statement above
        I guess is still very vivid in everyone's mind taking in count the SB champ ended up being the cross state rival.
        " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Comment

I guess is still very vivid in everyone's mind taking in count the SB champ ended up being the cross state rival.
          yes lol. And how much press were they getting in the offseason with Philly dominating the news.. Haha

4-New York Giants!!!
          5-NE

Comment

yes lol. And how much press were they getting in the offseason with Philly dominating the news.. Haha
            I can still remember Vince Young interview during the offseason spilling out those words, DREAM TEAM.
            " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Comment

I can still remember Vince Young interview during the offseason spilling out those words, DREAM TEAM.
              who can forget, lol.. Um and where's Vince Young now?

Out of the NFL as of August 31, 2013 that's where. He was on 3 teams in 3 years.. Philly, buffalo and GB and didn't even make it out of Pre season on the last two becoming a late Cut on both teams.. Pathetic.

Now his only Dreams are to be on the third string of some team. Hey there's always arena football Vince, stick to that

4-New York Giants!!!
              5-NE

Comment

We do but im still somewhat worried about the pass rush.
                New York Giants Superbowl XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI Champions!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dayeh33 View Post
                  Feels nice to say that lol.
                  Yeah....they've really been shutting down other teams offense. They haven't been scored on yet!! Hell...no one has even gained as much as a yard on them!!
                  I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

Feels nice to say that lol.
                    Keep speaking that positive, If u believe we will have the best defense it can manifest. What is the OP supposed to say, we're going to have the worst defense in the division? That's like a bad omen for the team.

Comment

Isn't this how Redskins fans talk? On paper, in spring?
                      8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

Originally posted by FBomb View Post
                        Yeah....they've really been shutting down other teams offense. They haven't been scored on yet!! Hell...no one has even gained as much as a yard on them!!
                        We have the best defense in New Jersey!

Comment

You all take things a little too much into detail.. ON PAPER we have the best defense in the division BY FAR.. and even off paper we should have the best D in the division.. stop lying to yourselves
                          Once again, what are you basing it on?

No offense is intended, but you have nothing to back up your statement. Adding new faces doesn't improve anything, even on paper.
                          The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

Comment

I'm not going to lie, I'm very excited to see how we play. But even on paper, I refuse to say we have the best defense in anything, even in the NFC East.

1- Any Given Sunday. You never know what happens. Our D looked like the crappiest thing on the planet for the first 3-4 games, before stepping it up in the 6th week to become what it finished as. That can happen to any other team, too.

2- While the players we've signed have been very good, don't forget that they now have to learn an entirely new defensive scheme. Plus, what happened with Philly's Dream Team? They weren't able to work together. They all worked as individuals, not a team, and they failed miserably. If DRC and Thurmond don't find that connection, that charisma, with Prince and the rest of our DBs, then their past skills will mean nothing. If WE, as a team, don't USE them the right way, their skills will mean nothing - just the way Philly used DRC as a nickel corner and destroyed him. Just the way WE used Rolle as a nickel corner and look how horribly that turned out.

Even on paper, this means nothing.

"WE STOMPED YOU OUT" - 92, Hall of Fame Class of 2014

Comment

It's all just on paper until they play, but they probably had the best defense in their conference and seem to have gotten better.

Comment

Originally posted by PUGH72 View Post
                                Keep speaking that positive, If u believe we will have the best defense it can manifest. What is the OP supposed to say, we're going to have the worst defense in the division? That's like a bad omen for the team.
                                Well...he can say he's excited to see what all these FA moves will do on the field.....I know I am. What he CAN'T say, before anyone has even practiced together, is...well.....what he did say. At least not here.
                                I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

Working...
                                X