No announcement yet.

My Rant and Concern.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ayers isnt that impressive but he is a body, and the team is in need of bodies on the Dline.. the Oline is filling up kind of nicely! I dont know what youre talking about? Maybe picking up another interior Olineman late in the draft, like a center or something wouldnt be such a bad idea.

the signing along the defensive side of the ball has been great to me, these guys are all under 30 and in the prime of their career

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
      Giants were ranked roughly 10th in the league in converting redzone posessions into TDs under gilbride.

I'm not sure where this they can't convert thing comes from.
      Last years heightened frustration
      1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Osi Umenyiora : " There's Nothing Like Being a NY GIANT ! "

Comment

I want to see a lot more of Moore too but so far I haven't seen much and definitely not enough to say he will be the starter over a proven veteran like Ayers, so far Moore still has a lot of proving to do....

Comment

Originally posted by memfist.ten View Post
          I totally agree, except with Snee, I don't think he'll make it on those bad hips at his age. I think you left off TE, however, I do think L. Donnell will surprise in his third yr, so I'll be ok with a vet or a 3rd or 4th round pick added if the coaches feel the need.

If you dig up the dirt in Oakland, you will find Giant bones "Baby"- I Likes That!!! from: The Analyst haha
          Yeah, I didn't really address TE b/c I don't know anything about Ebron as a player. So I can't push for or against him as a top pick.

However, I think that it's absolutely a MUST that they bring in a vet at the TE position in some role. Right now they have almost no experience at the position to go along with a new TE coach. As much as they like Donnell and hope that Robinson can translate his athleticism to the field, they need someone in there that can guide these guys as players, show them how to prepare each week, and in the very least be an emergency fall back option that'll know what's expected of him on each play.
          All Hail The New York Giants!!

Comment

Originally posted by JesseJames View Post
            I want to see a lot more of Moore too but so far I haven't seen much and definitely not enough to say he will be the starter over a proven veteran like Ayers, so far Moore still has a lot of proving to do....
            I hope he is not another injury prone player as well, we have had enough of those, regardless of "potential & skill".
            1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Osi Umenyiora : " There's Nothing Like Being a NY GIANT ! "

Comment

Originally posted by TrueBlue@NYC View Post
              Yeah, I didn't really address TE b/c I don't know anything about Ebron as a player. So I can't push for or against him as a top pick.

However, I think that it's absolutely a MUST that they bring in a vet at the TE position in some role. Right now they have almost no experience at the position to go along with a new TE coach. As much as they like Donnell and hope that Robinson can translate his athleticism to the field, they need someone in there that can guide these guys as players, show them how to prepare each week, and in the very least be an emergency fall back option that'll know what's expected of him on each play.
              I agree, but I think Mcadoo will take a more hands on approach with them...Why they kept a coach that had the wr's lost all year and put him as a TE coach is beyond me...
              Last edited by Striker1; 04-03-2014, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Striker1 View Post
                I agree, but I think Mcadoo will take a more hands on approach with them...Why they kept a coach that had the wr's lost all year and put him as a TE coach is beyond me...
                lol that you think the WR coach had anything to do with established, veteran receivers becoming "lost"

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                  lol that you think the WR coach had anything to do with established, veteran receivers becoming "lost"
                  lol yeah.. when that's his unit...

Comment

Originally posted by luni View Post
                    Some of these signings have been head scratchers in my opinion.

I mean its great we have a depth guy replacement for tuck such as Ayers, but a high career sack of only 5.... while he is 28... is kinda pathetic... It is great that he is a run stopper but would be nice if he could do or be more than that.

I don't think signing Schwartz who has been out of the league for a year injured is smart... especially signing to the money that he is receiving. (i hope he proves me wrong..) I am happy with the KC lineman we picked up.

I still think it would be wise to draft a Lineman in the first round... You have Chris Snee, and other lineman who are aging and having these FA's who are almost 30 doesn't help the situation down the line.

I don't think there are quality DE's or DT, or IL as a first round draft pick. Anthony Barr and Aaron Donald would piss me off if we select either of these guys in the first round. Aaron Donald is undersized DT. we already have an undersized DT in the Greenbay guy we picked up last year.

I also think Mike Evans is a poor mans Plaxico Burress... he is a good red zone threat, but the Giants cant score in the redzone so what's the point?

TE Eric Ebron would be nice, however i still think a lineman is ideal... i just dont think having middle aged Lineman are the way to go for our future. We can pick up a TE in the second round if need be.

We do need a DT, which would be nice in the 3rd of 4th round.

Hoping for good draft picks this year and a better nfl season.
                    I would love a LT like Lewan if he is on the board at #12. However, we will have to wait and see?
                    Not all players, we the fans covet will be available when we pick at #12, if we stay there? WE may trade up or down?

Evans is not a cheap version of Plax. Why, he doesn't even carry a water pistol.

Donald may be small but he is a very good DT prospect. Size isn't everything. I tell that to my wife too! And then she laughs!

Comment

Originally posted by paulj View Post
                      I would love a LT like Lewan if he is on the board at #12. However, we will have to wait and see?
                      Not all players, we the fans covet will be available when we pick at #12, if we stay there? WE may trade up or down?

Evans is not a cheap version of Plax. Why, he doesn't even carry a water pistol.

Donald may be small but he is a very good DT prospect. Size isn't everything. I tell that to my wife too! And then she laughs!

lol..

im not worthy. im not worthy.

Comment

JPP AND KIWI will be the starting DE'S

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

If it was one receiver, I would agree with you... when it is virtually all of them, it's probably at least partly the coaching staff.
                          My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Comment

I mean its great we have a depth guy replacement for tuck such as Ayers, but a high career sack of only 5.... while he is 28... is kinda pathetic... It is great that he is a run stopper but would be nice if he could do or be more than that.

I don't think signing Schwartz who has been out of the league for a year injured is smart... especially signing to the money that he is receiving. (i hope he proves me wrong..) I am happy with the KC lineman we picked up.

I still think it would be wise to draft a Lineman in the first round... You have Chris Snee, and other lineman who are aging and having these FA's who are almost 30 doesn't help the situation down the line.

I don't think there are quality DE's or DT, or IL as a first round draft pick. Anthony Barr and Aaron Donald would piss me off if we select either of these guys in the first round. Aaron Donald is undersized DT. we already have an undersized DT in the Greenbay guy we picked up last year.

I also think Mike Evans is a poor mans Plaxico Burress... he is a good red zone threat, but the Giants cant score in the redzone so what's the point?

TE Eric Ebron would be nice, however i still think a lineman is ideal... i just dont think having middle aged Lineman are the way to go for our future. We can pick up a TE in the second round if need be.

I've been around this popsicle stand long enough to know now which threads to avoid like the plague. As soon as you read the OP, you can tell right away which direction the thread is going to go in (or sometimes even just the thread title on its own)... So with the idea of self-preservation in mind and not wanting to get anymore grey hairs than I already have, I just simply stay the hell out of them. The semantics and logical fallacies can get pretty ridiculous in this place sometimes.
                            Last edited by brownelvis54; 04-03-2014, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by brad View Post
                              If it was one receiver, I would agree with you... when it is virtually all of them, it's probably at least partly the coaching staff.
                              haha . . . ok

Comment

They signed these guys b/c they've done a terrible job of drafting for a long time now, and guys that looked like future superstars (Nicks and JPP) have played like garbage over the past few years (and Nicks is of course gone after we were once debating if we could afford both him and Cruz). I have my concerns that we've had to sign so many FA's because that hardly ever works out (if it ever works out at all), but it needed to be done. They needed depth, so they got it and depth comes with signing guys who aren't great, but supposedly have at least some ability and are affordable.

I think highly of Evans, and so highly in fact that one day we'll be referring to Plax as a poor man's Evans.

Ebron is big and supposedly has great hands as a receiver. His knock is his blocking ability. I could be wrong, but I think that I recall Shockey not being a great blocker coming out of college, but was turned into one in the NFL.
                                Last edited by JJC7301; 04-04-2014, 01:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X