Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How confident are you with Ryan nassib as our quarterback of the future ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

moving up in the draft to take a player who you hope will never be a starter makes no sense whatsoever unless Dominick Costanzo did the drafting...

Comment

there are maybe 4 or so back up QBs in the league that are worth a damn. Nassib is not one of them......yet.
      Cant really say what he is or isn't yet
      "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
      You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
        there are maybe 4 or so back up QBs in the league that are worth a damn. Nassib is not one of them......yet.
        Cant really say what he is or isn't yet
        I understand that the plan was to never play Nassib at all last season and they didn't, but I definitely think they should have given him some reps when the season was totally lost instead of risking Eli in meaningless games...

Comment

Originally posted by JesseJames View Post
          I understand that the plan was to never play Nassib at all last season and they didn't, but I definitely think they should have given him some reps when the season was totally lost instead of risking Eli in meaningless games...
          would love to see him get reps. He didn't even get that many in preseason. He wasn't ready
          even just a "decent" back up QB is good to have. Also "most" back ups are not starters in waiting.
          "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
          You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by BlueBeast88 View Post
            I mean if Eli went down with an injury next season or had another horrible season would you be ok with nassib taking the reigns ??
            On a scale of 1-10.....I'm at about a 4 in terms of confidence. Don't expect much but I figure the season will be over anyway. Might be nice to watch him sling it around though on the Giants way towards landing a top 10 draft pick.
            "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

What kind of question / thread is this ? No One knows if he can play. He was not even activated last season ???? WTF kind of question is that ??????
              1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Osi Umenyiora : " There's Nothing Like Being a NY GIANT ! "

Comment

He's the JPP of quarterbacks

Comment

Originally posted by Gimaniac View Post
                  He's the JPP of quarterbacks
                  Apparently so ! LOL....he has not even suited up.........what confidence does anyone have?

Comment

Don't matter how confident WE ARE, It is up to McAdoo and Langsdorf to make that decision and to at least try to develop the guy and see if he is the QB of the Future.

Comment

Originally posted by Generation Eli View Post
                      Exactly. Although, he may also see some reg. season work as well (hopefully in blowouts where we are on the better end of the score)

Mara made it a point to bring him up so they at least want to find out.....because you dont trade up for a QB when you still have a franchise guy....unless your thinking he might be a decent replacement (or decent trade chip)

I myself, would prefer to have Bryce Petty in next years draft but we need to find out what we have in Nassib first.
                      Mara did say he wanted to see more of him, but his specified in the Pre-season. However, unlike previous seasons, they are now clearly getting ready for life without Eli so I would not be surprised to see Nassib getting time in clean-up mode.
                      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by Sicko View Post
                        Don't matter how confident WE ARE, It is up to McAdoo and Langsdorf to make that decision and to at least try to develop the guy and see if he is the QB of the Future.
                        Exactly right, or if he's at least a # 2 now
                        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by Sicko View Post
                          Absolutely. That's why I could not understand why the op was asking this question to us. Impossible to answer from our standpount.

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                            More like they haven't let him show us anything yet.
                            How would they do that?

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                              I'm not confident, he hasn't even shown us anything yet.
                              exactly, only a little bit last preseason. Not enough to come to a definitive answer.

I would have liked to see more of Nassib once the Giants season was mathamatically over last yr. Hopefully he gets more reps this preseason, and the Giants cut Painter and only carry 2 QBs.

Comment

Can't answer that question until I see more from him.

Comment

Working...
                                X