Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is no one mentioning the WR position??!? Watkins??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
    Lol Watkins won't be there when we pick..
    Unless they pick higher bc they traded up!

Comment

Watkins isn't an outside receiver. He's essentially another Jerrel Jernigan, though obviously with a better physical tool set.

Comment

Originally posted by BBlue4ever View Post
        Unless they pick higher bc they traded up!
        Eh, I don't want to trade up, we need all of our picks.

Besides, we can possibly get a Mike Evans on Ebron with the 12th pick.
        Mood: WOOF!

Comment

I think our needs are really only defensive line, tight end, and receiver. If Mike Evans is still around when we pick, we'd be stupid to not take him though, I wouldn't mind drafting a tight end there either.

Also, I'm a Penn State fan, and I really like Allen Robinson. If he's around in the second or third round, grabbing him would be a fantastic move assuming we don't go receiver in our first pick. I think he'd be a good option to replace Nicks, as he's a good sized receiver with great hands and good speed
          Last edited by gmenfan0488; 04-03-2014, 03:46 PM.

Comment

"Wide receiver position" There it's mentioned. I'm looking for that "No One" guy who never mentions "wide receiver" I think he agrees with many on the board who feel it's not necessary to talk about the receiving position because we have Jerrold (Mara-Mara-Man) Jernigan, the next Jerry Rice.

Comment

have you watched watkins play? a lot of his big yards are bubble screens and short passes that he runs with. a lot of guys are "projecting" watkins to get better at route running and become a deep threat, but he is not a deep threat

right now, evans is much more of a deep threat than watkins is

Comment

Quick question if Watkins fell to TB at 7 (unlikely) would you consider trading up for him? 12 to 7 isn't as extreme as 12 to 5
                sigpic
                S/O to Flip Empty for the sig
                6th) Fred Ross WR Miss St 7th) J. Reeves-Maybin LB Tenn

Comment

I've been begging for Evans forever

Comment

If you're thinking of this season, then banking on a rookie WR is never a good idea. WR's usually take 2-3 years to really come on.

I think the team wants to see what RR does in his 3rd year and JJ in his 4th year before they use their top pick on a guy that, through his draft status alone, would likely put both of those guys on the bench.

Cruz is an 80+catch, 1,200+ yard guy, MM has shown the ability to be a 60+ catch guy and don't forget what he did for this offense in 2010 when everyone else was injured, he's got big play ability.
                    All Hail The New York Giants!!

Comment

I thougth I heard the other day that Murphy is gone. If someone has already mentioned that mea culpa.
                      No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
                        I thougth I heard the other day that Murphy is gone. If someone has already mentioned that mea culpa.
                        Murphy is a Buc.
                        Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Originally posted by luni View Post
                          watkins will be taken at least by 5th pick in draft.
                          he CAN fall to 12

Although, that would require getting GMs picking from 4-11 drunk the night before and getting them in some compromising positions for us to "take advantage of".......by way of a few pics

Which is possible

/red

NY GIANTS ... NY METS ... UNC TAR HEELS ... CHICAGO BULLS

Originally posted by Generation Eli
                          1 and done, and its not even close

Packers 30
                          Giants 13

Comment

Originally posted by TrueBlue@NYC View Post
                            If you're thinking of this season, then banking on a rookie WR is never a good idea. WR's usually take 2-3 years to really come on.

I think the team wants to see what RR does in his 3rd year and JJ in his 4th year before they use their top pick on a guy that, through his draft status alone, would likely put both of those guys on the bench.

Cruz is an 80+catch, 1,200+ yard guy, MM has shown the ability to be a 60+ catch guy and don't forget what he did for this offense in 2010 when everyone else was injured, he's got big play ability.
                            Cruz will not get those numbers without someone on the outside to draw away a double team. With what the Giants have now Cruz will be double teamed as I don't think teams believe RR is that much of a threat. Even if RR has a decent year, Cruz will not have those numbers without a true #1. MM is old and he is a has-been at this point. Who knows when/if he will actually learn the offense, hes dumb as a box of rocks. Likewise I have no faith in JJ to step up and become a REAL threat.

Yes, the Giants BADLY need a true #1 WR

Comment

This draft is real deep with receivers as well. Don't need to worry about it unless someone like Evans is there. Than it will be highly interesting if Ebron and/or Donald is available.

Would rather wait until 2 or 3 for a WR.

Comment

Originally posted by Shimmy View Post
                                This draft is real deep with receivers as well. Don't need to worry about it unless someone like Evans is there. Than it will be highly interesting if Ebron and/or Donald is available.

Would rather wait until 2 or 3 for a WR.
                                Hard to get a game changer in those rounds though. A quality WR yes, but a game changing #1 with lethal skills and abilities, probably not. Unless the guy was arrested a few times

Comment

Working...
                                X