Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is no one mentioning the WR position??!? Watkins??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enron will open a dynamic part of the passing game that we haven't had in a long time. I think McAdoo pushes for him and his game scheme.
    Assign infractions here.

Comment

I doubt Watkins makes it past Cleveland or The Raiders

He is a beast thought and of course you take him if by some MIRACLE he falls to #12

Comment

Yes, we totally need with Evans or Ebron at # 12. We have the worst receiving talent on this team since the late '90's.

Watkins will never make it to # 12, but I prefer Evans anyway. My fear is that Evans is gone by # 12, and the someone trades up just ahead of us to get Ebron.

Comment

Originally posted by BBlue4ever View Post
          Ok so we have Victor Cruz who is a slot receiver, Randle who is a possession receiver, a couple younger unproven guys like JJ and Murphy Jr. And now an aging has-been in MM who could never understand a game plan anyway and whos career was based on one SB catch. None of these guys profile as a #1 WR!!!

Also we don't have a decent TE to take any coverage away from any of these guys. Teams are going to double Cruz again all year, and make Randle try to beat them. He had a decent year last year but he lacks speed and deep threat potential.

Why is no one mentioning this? We NEED a #1 receiver, someone with speed who can play on the outside and be a deep threat. We all know Cruz functions best when he has a #1 guy to take some of the coverage off of him; thats when he kills you. The Giants have no one to do this. Both of the SB winning years the Giants used the dynamic of great outside receiver, great possessions receiver, and great slot guy. In 2007 it was Plax/Toomer/SS, and in 2011 it was Nicks/Manningham/Cruz respectively.

I believe this dynamic will lead to success again if it can be achieved. This is why I am advocating for the Giants to trade up for Watkins, do whatever they have to do to get him. He is NFL ready to start, he is an amazing deep threat, has the tools to do it all.

Thoughts?
          Watkins the amazing deep threat that caught 70% of his passes within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage. Watkins average distance per catch from the line of scrimmage was just 4 yards, compare that to Mike Evans distance of 14.
          While Watkins is certainly explosive,I think the Giants have guys that fit this role already. I think they need someone more physical

Last edited by Redeyejedi; 04-04-2014, 08:07 AM.

Comment

If Watkins is there at #12... I'll eat my hat

Comment

JJ showed a lot of promise toward the end of last season, I can't wait to see how he fits into "M'doo's" new system. Manningham is a good WR as well, he just didnt fit into what SF was doing on offense, and faded out of sight. I think he is still fully capable of making spectacular catches like the one he made in the SB.

Now, there is a WR that will likely be available in the 3rd round of the draft..... Donte Moncrief..... I would be excited to have this guy on the team.

Comment

Originally posted by rebelfan1966 View Post
                JJ showed a lot of promise toward the end of last season, I can't wait to see how he fits into "M'doo's" new system. Manningham is a good WR as well, he just didnt fit into what SF was doing on offense, and faded out of sight. I think he is still fully capable of making spectacular catches like the one he made in the SB.

Now, there is a WR that will likely be available in the 3rd round of the draft..... Donte Moncrief..... I would be excited to have this guy on the team.
                Manningham and two knee issues......he just didnt fade out of site or not fit into their plans.

I am glad he is back tho
                "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by BBlue4ever View Post
                  So trade up! They are sitting at 12th, and if they do some clever maneuvering they may be able to get up to #5 to take him. I am not saying to mortgage the farm like they did with Eli, that was just stupid, but if they can get into a situation where he was still available and they wouldn't have to give up too much, PULL THE TRIGGER!
                  u have to even see if he makes it to 5. chances are he wont get passed the rams or the browns. and just to move up to 5 from 12 alone, wed have to give up a 2nd and our early 5th. and thats even if he makes it to 5. to move up to 2 to basically guarentee we draft him wed have to sell the farm and give up this year first next year first and atleast a 2nd this year. all not smart moves for a player thats not even a major need for us.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...t-trade-chart/

Comment

Originally posted by rebelfan1966 View Post

he didnt fit into their plans because he was too injured to be on the field lol. he had a little over 500 yards and 1 td in 18 games played in the 2 years he was in San Fran.

he was never anything even special here when he was a main part of the offense, now after hardly being used in SF and coming off two knee injuries i think itd be high hopes to expect anything more than 400-500 yards for MM

Comment

Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                      Watkins the amazing deep threat that caught 70% of his passes within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage. Watkins average distance per catch from the line of scrimmage was just 4 yards, compare that to Mike Evans distance of 14.
                      While Watkins is certainly explosive,I think the Giants have guys that fit this role already. I think they need someone more physical

nice post, thats a good chart. good to see

Comment

Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post

And this is why some (including myself) have Evans rated higher

Comment

this is a pretty good wr class. no need to bet the farm to move up and grab a wr. there will be solid options in the 3-4 range

Comment

blah blah blah watkins, evans, ebron. I hope they're all gone before we pick so we can get a BEAST in Aaron Donald.

Comment

MM injuries are the concern and not his age, he is 27. If healthy he brings a heck of a lot to the WR corps. The guy spreads defenses and is physical.

I think we're going to draft TE in 1st round because in my opinion JR and TC are expecting quite a bit from RR and if MM is healthy, I think RR will have a big year.

I am thinking we draft Ebron.

Comment

I've always thought MM was overrated, personally think that both Watkins and Evans will go top 10, maybe even top 5. Agree with ^ we don't have much choice, we have to go Ebron.

Comment

Working...
                                X