Giants WRs + Draft implications

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kingcap88 View Post
    Who knows what implications, if any, the Bucs trading Williams will have? But even if the Bucs don't take Evans I still can't see the Lions letting Evans get by them unless they are totally sold on Tate being the other WR threat opposite Megatron.
    I don't think they can pass on Gilbert, they've had the worst corners in the league for like 10 years lol

Comment

Originally posted by gibril28wilson View Post
      i mean 5 years 31 mill sounds like theyre sold on Tate opposite Calvin lol plus theyre secondary is putrid. i expect them to take gilbert or denard at 10.

i really think this is going to leave the Giants with either Donald or Ebron. cant say id be upset with either pick there.

it just worries me about Cruz being our only proven guy. i mean hopefully with cruz being doubled Randle will be able to kill the single coverage and make plays and force the defense to look his way too. that could open up things for the Giants passing game
      Maybe. But Tate just won a Super Bowl so that upped his asking price. But that doesn't mean the new regime wouldn't want another offensive weapon like Evans. Personally, I would love it if Ebron or Evans were there at 12 for the Giants to pick, but I can't shake the feeling that Evans is likely to be gone before the Giants pick.
      One of these teams is not like the others

sigpic

Comment

WATKINS!!!!!!!

Stand with Cruz!

Comment

Originally posted by giantscolombia View Post
          WATKINS!!!!!!!
          That's never going to happen
          sigpicShould the Giants fire Gilbride....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

Comment

so the bucs just traded mike williams to the Bills. they literally have no one on their depth chart after vjax now.

Wide Receiver
            V. Jackson
            S. Dawson
            R. Shepard
            T. Streeter
            C. Owusu
            E. Page
            L. Murphy

bunch of no names plus doody louis murphy.

i think this all but guarentees TB either taking Evans or trading up for Watkins.

now lets say they take Evans at 7....that basically all but assures were not taking a WR at 12. the only way we take a WR round 1 it seems is if we traded back a few picks, because any other WR at that spot would seem like a reach.

we'll prob end up taking one a little later between rounds 2-5 (jerry reese has taken a wr in first 4 rounds 5 of 7 drafts), which also means to me that more likely than not a rookie wr will not be a main part of our offense, maybe a WR3 at best, and well be rolling out with Randle and Cruz as starters.

do the people here feel comfortable with this ? i know weve all, and i have, spoken about Randles involvement and if he can take the next step up. but what about Cruz? is he ready to step in and be the leader and the main guy on the team? we all know hes more of a slot guy, but can he expand his game to be an effective outside WR that can handle a double team? because its a huge question mark if Randle can handle a double team, and coming out of the gate of the regular season we should expect teams to double cruz right away since hes our only legit known WR option thats proven can do something.

i think Cruz will have to prove a lot and expand his game to be able to handle double teams and be able to be the main guy in the offense.

Your guys opinions, thoughts?
            if the team drafts Ebron in round 1 then that might take off the double team worries on the other receivers because this kid is going to be a handful on his own...
            Last edited by JesseJames; 04-07-2014, 10:18 AM.

Comment

This looks like a great draft to grab a mid-round WR. I'm in love with guys like Jordan Matthews or Donte Moncrief in the 3rd. No, if the season started today we'd be sorely lacking in talent for Eli's recieving options. but I've also heard a few "experts" talk about how deep the class is at the WR position. An improved O-Line will make everyone look better too.

That said, if Evans falls to 12 it could be hard to pass up.

Comment

Originally posted by BleedingBlue123 View Post
                I personally don't think WR is high on the Giants list.

Would they probably be very interested in M-Evans if he falls? Yes

But -- I could see us waiting until late in the draft or not picking a WR at all. We already have 4 solid WR options -- we have potentially glaring needs at TE, DT, OT, DE and RB.
                Four solid options? Mario and Jerrigan are not proven solid options.

Comment

The team has been able nail their WRs picks in recently draft. It will be interesting to see if they can work their magic to find some talents in the later round since WR class is extremely deep.

QFFL Draft Masters

Comment

I believe our WR's will be solid. With any type of running game the pressure will not be on our WR's as much as the past. So I see us focusing more on our oline in the second & third rounds and maybe 1 of those fifth rd picks. In the past all of our pressure was on the WR's but with a changing of the guard, I see more of a mixture with our running backs being used more as a passing threat. I'm totally fine as long as MM is healthy & JJ continues to progress like I think he will, we should be fine.

Comment

Even if both are gone there are still wrs that could come in and start cooks and both lsu wr should be taken later in the 1st we could trade back and pick up any of the 3 or even wait till the 2nd and get Benjamin or if they land ebron even though hes a te he can play split wide so either way plenty of options

Comment

so the bucs just traded mike williams to the Bills. they literally have no one on their depth chart after vjax now.

Wide Receiver
                        V. Jackson
                        S. Dawson
                        R. Shepard
                        T. Streeter
                        C. Owusu
                        E. Page
                        L. Murphy

bunch of no names plus doody louis murphy.

i think this all but guarentees TB either taking Evans or trading up for Watkins.

now lets say they take Evans at 7....that basically all but assures were not taking a WR at 12. the only way we take a WR round 1 it seems is if we traded back a few picks, because any other WR at that spot would seem like a reach.

we'll prob end up taking one a little later between rounds 2-5 (jerry reese has taken a wr in first 4 rounds 5 of 7 drafts), which also means to me that more likely than not a rookie wr will not be a main part of our offense, maybe a WR3 at best, and well be rolling out with Randle and Cruz as starters.

do the people here feel comfortable with this ? i know weve all, and i have, spoken about Randles involvement and if he can take the next step up. but what about Cruz? is he ready to step in and be the leader and the main guy on the team? we all know hes more of a slot guy, but can he expand his game to be an effective outside WR that can handle a double team? because its a huge question mark if Randle can handle a double team, and coming out of the gate of the regular season we should expect teams to double cruz right away since hes our only legit known WR option thats proven can do something.

i think Cruz will have to prove a lot and expand his game to be able to handle double teams and be able to be the main guy in the offense.

Your guys opinions, thoughts?
                        Interesting analysis, I can see this happening. I don't see us moving up or back and obviously we won't take a WR at #12 if Watkins and Evans are gone.

That would surely make us pick Aaron Donald or Ebron (if they're available). However I do think we need another WR in the 2nd or 3rd round otherwise we need to pray that Randle really steps up his game.

Comment

this is why i think ebron makes sense..... we keep talking about wr issues... "cruz getting doubled" "is randle able to step up"

look cruz is a beast, and randle yes hes extremely slow mentally..... but he can make plays...if he actually runs them right......

look we didnt really have a threat at TE with myers unless it was a blowout or garbage time....

having a capable TE does 3 things :

1. gives Eli a safety net an added recieving threat

2. cruz gets doubled then not can eli only look to randle, jernigan or mm.....but Ebron ....... or teams back off cruz so much

3. if ebron is as real as is said or the clips show.... he can be a beast and cause defenses to either take the beating or adjust the gameplan which in turn would free up cruz and randle....

look rookie wr or not we arent going to be fielding a better group of wr's without nicks...... randle is going to improve he has to he will be getting a lot of time and can get anywhere from 900-1100 yards ..... he had what 600-700 yards last season?? ..... and if healthy 16 games of randle getting 900-1100 yards is better than a nicks injured plague 8-10 game 700 yard season.....

we have a better shot at a wr improvement as is than a TE improvement as is......adding a legit threat at TE will only add another dimension to the offense that was ghost last season ...... and probably more mcadoo friendly

Comment

I feel at the end of the day there will be someone who is big time at #12....Reese will have to pull some ****ery to screw up that pick

Comment

Seems like everyone forgot Schiano got fired and Lovie Smith is coaching the Bucs now. He already has said McCown is his guy, but hes 34 so they still still be looking to draft a qb too. They could very easily be taking one of the qbs with that pick, just depends on how highly they have these guys ranked on their board

Comment

We are taking an OLineman in the first. The Giants are comfortable with Cruz, Randle, JJ and MM and will probably take a WR in the second or third.

Comment

Working...
                                X