No announcement yet.

Favorite Giants game?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Giants-Jets with the Cruz catch and long run back in 2010. Catalyst in the SB run for me

Comment

But probably more so SB 46. Great game and some iconic plays too

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
        For me it was SB 25. Amid the backdrop of the beginning of the Gulf War.

8 point underdog's and we had to play a perfect game against a great team.
        So we did.
        This. "NO GOOD NO GOOD NO GOOD!!!!!!"
        Everyone has the right to be stupid. Some just abuse the privilege.

Comment

My personal favorite was the playoff game against ATL in 2012.
          I still couldn't believe we made it to the postseason, and to see the "All In" towels waved around while we totally destroyed them was awesome.
          The energy from the fans that day was incredible too.
          Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Originally posted by L.T.56 View Post
            super bowl 42. the feeling i felt right after that game ended was indescribable.
            That final TD to Plax at the end was......I don't know any word to actually describe that feeling. Needless to say it felt amazing

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
              "Grown men with tears in their eys holding each other like the war was over?" No more alcohol for you YA.
              Actually I was there and will second every one of your observations.
              Wish I was there -- but I was there for the 2000 NFC CG... I imagine that had to be up there, despite what happened in the Super Bowl.
              8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

First SB win in 86. Not a "classic" game but after watching the Giants through some pretty horrible years in the 60's and 70's it was a great feeling.

Comment

Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                  The Redskin game after Mara died was something special. Crowd was pumped. Call me crazy but you could feel it in the air that day.
                  and Tiki was unstoppable !
                  1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Osi Umenyiora : " There's Nothing Like Being a NY GIANT ! "

Comment

Originally posted by L.T.56 View Post
                    super bowl 42. the feeling i felt right after that game ended was indescribable.
                    This. Super bowl 42 was crazy. I was at my brother's house party with over 70 die hard Giants fans. Everybody was going nuts. When the Giants took the lead and Brady got the ball back on their last drive, everyone was jumping up and down at the same time and the room erupted when Alford sacked brady. So many victory shots a and beers. What a freaking great game, I was smiling for a week while watching YouTube videos of Patriot fans crying.
                    Last edited by JB456; 04-08-2014, 09:48 PM.

Comment

SB 42. I had a party at my house for the Green Bay game and when they won, I was jumping around with my football helmet on yelling that I was going to the SB. Not the Giants going, but I was going to the SB. My father and I agreed that when the Giants made it back to the big game, we would go together but unfortunately he died of cancer in 2006. I bought a ticket before even thinking about who I would go with and share the experience with so I bought a single ticket on the 40 in the 30th row.

I ended up going to the SB with a friend (pats fan) but we didn't sit together. When I got to my seat I found out I was sitting right next to Dave Diehl's mom, wife and brother! Dave's dad died the year before as well so it was emotional for all of us. Right before the big play I said a prayer to my dad and the very next play was Tyree...I literally cried!

The rest is history. When the game ended, I went down on the field with the Diehl family and Dave signed my Jersey. Greatest sports experience in my life.

Comment

Originally posted by PennState1 View Post
                        SB 42. I had a party at my house for the Green Bay game and when they won, I was jumping around with my football helmet on yelling that I was going to the SB. Not the Giants going, but I was going to the SB. My father and I agreed that when the Giants made it back to the big game, we would go together but unfortunately he died of cancer in 2006. I bought a ticket before even thinking about who I would go with and share the experience with so I bought a single ticket on the 40 in the 30th row.

I ended up going to the SB with a friend (pats fan) but we didn't sit together. When I got to my seat I found out I was sitting right next to Dave Diehl's mom, wife and brother! Dave's dad died the year before as well so it was emotional for all of us. Right before the big play I said a prayer to my dad and the very next play was Tyree...I literally cried!

The rest is history. When the game ended, I went down on the field with the Diehl family and Dave signed my Jersey. Greatest sports experience in my life.
                        Not a dry eye in the crowd Nittany.
                        Let's meet at the Rathskeller some day, beers on me.
                        No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
                          Not a dry eye in the crowd Nittany.
                          Let's meet at the Rathskeller some day, beers on me.
                          I'll buy the cherry bombs!

Comment

Originally posted by keyofgmen View Post
                            Always answer the same way to this occasional post question...

1986 NFC Championship game vs Washington. Greatest game ever. After long suffering, to be at that stadium and witness that surreal atmosphere, I just can't see beating it.
                            My favorite. It was one hugh party in the stadium afterwards.

Kevin

Comment

SB 42. I loved SB 21 because it was a great win after suffering through the 60s and 70s drought. But, it still didn't leave the emotions of the win of SB 42. When I watch that game any time with Eli pulling away from that mauling group, throwing the ball to Tyree, him, holding the ball against his helmet, draped with a defender and holding on to the ball. Then the ease of Plexico catching it. Plus those last 39 seconds that Brady can't make it happen. Tears come every time. And for a little icing on the cake, I live in New England.

Comment

Obv SB 42, but aside from that one...

1-The first game we played after 9/11. It was against KC. It was such an emotional game... KC's mayor came out onto the field, declared it "NY Giants day." The KC fans had banners saying "We <3 You NY", and for a good quarter or more, they were cheering for the Giants to win, not the Chiefs. And we did win, in a good game, and it felt so good. Just for a moment, nothing else mattered.

2-The 2012 reg season game against the Packers. I went to that game. It was after a few weeks of writers saying Eli had a "tired arm" and they started questioning him, and us. And left us for dead, basically. Eli got his 200th TD that day, shut Simms up. Every time Eli scored, the stadium played "I'm Back in the New York Groove" and it was awesome. And we destroyed them, which is always fun.

"WE STOMPED YOU OUT" - 92, Hall of Fame Class of 2014

Comment

Working...
                                X