Jerrel Jernigan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mookskingdom View Post
    Yeah JJ is DEFINITELY gonna take the league by storm this year, I mean he put up over 80 yds against the Lions and Redskins! Those teams have amazing secondaries! And they're certainly not both in the bottom 3 pass defenses in the league.... 2014 JJ breakout is a lock
    I understand what your saying but you have to give him some credit. Other guys were doing nothing against those teams. He at least showed he can step up when called upon. It's a start.
    "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

All he did was beat the man in front of him and that is more than Cruz did this year. Cruz is entirely cutable after this season contract wise and if JJ outplays him then Cruz goes to the bench.

New OC should mean that every snap is earned, not owed.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueBlooded1979 View Post
        All he did was beat the man in front of him and that is more than Cruz did this year. Cruz is entirely cutable after this season contract wise and if JJ outplays him then Cruz goes to the bench.

Now you're just making a fool of yourself. Stop while you're ahead.

Comment

depending on what happens from now until week 1

Id say hes a 5th WR in a 12 team league

if cruz gets hurt and his usage goes up dramatically, then hes a number 4 with spot start potential

thats about it.

NY GIANTS ... NY METS ... UNC TAR HEELS ... CHICAGO BULLS

Originally posted by Generation Eli
          1 and done, and its not even close

Packers 30
          Giants 13

Comment

this board needs to implement a concussion protocol so that these ramblings from a mad man can be avoided.

NY GIANTS ... NY METS ... UNC TAR HEELS ... CHICAGO BULLS

Originally posted by Generation Eli
            1 and done, and its not even close

Packers 30
            Giants 13

Comment

lololol plz go

Comment

I hope JJ outplays Cruz because that only means good things for the Giants but your observation is a bit off......
                JJ had a handfull of good plays last season gets some perspective.
                "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by Mookskingdom View Post
                  JJ can play oppo slot in 4 wide, that's cool, but if were in 3 wide Cruz should be in the slot EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. and JJ should be on the sideline.. taking a man out of his best postition and plugging in someone half as effective in the spot is not being "creative"
                  With this thinking Cruz would never have gotten his chance, sitting behind Manningham, Smith, Hixon and Nicks. I guess its a good thing some of these guys were injured in 2011!

Cruz is an outstanding WR, but that doesn't mean you hold back another guy who could be very good as well. You find ways to get them both on the field, and you find ways to create mismatches. Is JJ going to be great? I have no idea, but you don't sit him on the bench just because you have Cruz. When they go into 3 receiver sets, they need to have the 3 best receivers on the field, and at this point JJ is #3
                  My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Comment

Originally posted by titwio View Post
                    I understand what your saying but you have to give him some credit. Other guys were doing nothing against those teams. He at least showed he can step up when called upon. It's a start.
                    Your on point with the opinion that JJ displayed the skills in the final three games that got him drafted in the third round. He finally got a significant snap count and whalah - production. JJ looked very good vs Seattle ( I believe they have a pretty good defense ) and earned praise from Coughlin after that game. His production continued ( not begun) vs Detroit and the Skins. Nicks & Randle contributed nothing vs the Skins and Lions butJernigan showed he's got game. I just ignore guys like Kookskingdom. They just dwell in the negative rather than tune in to the positive. Knowledgable folks on this board have gotton out of the JJ doubter line. Some are determined to remain in that line. It used to stretch around the block but now it's not even out the door.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockeystays08 View Post
                      You'll get over that by the end of September!
                      JJ's best spot happens to be the same as Cruz's best spot. Who would you rather have there?? The only way JJ can get a lot of snaps is if Cruz goes down, or BMac uses a bunch of sets with duel slot WR's. JJ will not work on the outside when Cruz goes inside. MM if healthy will be the 3rd WR on 3WR sets when Cruz slides to the slot. (unless of coarse they draft a WR early in the draft and he can get up to speed quickly) which is very possible.

Comment

Your on point with the opinion that JJ displayed the skills in the final three games that got him drafted in the third round. He finally got a significant snap count and whalah - production. JJ looked very good vs Seattle ( I believe they have a pretty good defense ) and earned praise from Coughlin after that game. His production continued ( not begun) vs Detroit and the Skins. Nicks & Randle contributed nothing vs the Skins and Lions butJernigan showed he's got game. I just ignore guys like Kookskingdom. They just dwell in the negative rather than tune in to the positive. Knowledgable folks on this board have gotton out of the JJ doubter line. Some are determined to remain in that line. It used to stretch around the block but now it's not even out the door.
                        The issue with what you are saying is that he was playing in the slot because Cruz was hurt!! He is not going to take Cruz' spot inside, and he won't be effective on the outside. Therein lies the problem. They will have to come up with some packages for JJ, but he is not going to be a feature WR on this team..

Comment

Originally posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
                          JJ's best spot happens to be the same as Cruz's best spot. Who would you rather have there?? The only way JJ can get a lot of snaps is if Cruz goes down, or BMac uses a bunch of sets with duel slot WR's. JJ will not work on the outside when Cruz goes inside. MM if healthy will be the 3rd WR on 3WR sets when Cruz slides to the slot. (unless of coarse they draft a WR early in the draft and he can get up to speed quickly) which is very possible.
                          Stay tuned! JJ will be in the slot and on the outside. IMHO there will be multiple sets in Mcdoo's offense that will have JJ and Cruz on the field at the same time. For you to think Cruz will have to be hurt for JJ to see the field is somewhere between ridiculous and funny!

Comment

Stay tuned! JJ will be in the slot and on the outside. IMHO there will be multiple sets in Mcdoo's offense that will have JJ and Cruz on the field at the same time. For you to think Cruz will have to be hurt for JJ to see the field is somewhere between ridiculous and funny!
                            The guy didn't even have a 100 yard game. You're acting like he have a serious new weapon in our arsenal. He won't work on the outside in 3 WR sets. If he gets 400 yards next year, i'll be shocked.

Comment

I'm expecting bigger and better things from both of our young wide receivers -JJ and RR. We all know it takes about two years for wide receivers to get it, so be patient with RR. JJ already found it.

Comment

Yeah lets garuntee him play time in Victor Cruz's spot, cause ya know this kid is such a proven commodity, and has done so much in the NFL

Comment

Working...
                                X