Giants Counting On TE Adrien Robinson To Do More In 2014

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JesseJames View Post
    wouldn't a project player only have to make enough plays to justify the reason we drafted him, most of our projects don't even do that, they usually just show up for a few years and get cut...
    that may be but how is that compared to other project picks around the league?? If that's the norm then no harm no foul. It is what it is. Every now and then it worksout
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

• Originally posted by jomo View Post
      How many people have we drafted or signed as rookie FA since 2007? 50 or 60 right?
      You single out Cruz, who did in fact play that year but deftly side step the littany of others who were and remain dreadful players.
      So to repeat myself which tends to happen later in the day the main reason we don't play young players here (in the past 6 years or so) is that our young players by and large have sucked. Coaching bias against young players is a fringe part of it. IMHO
      Look Jomo, I already said I do not disagree with your point, but it doesn't counter mine at all.

And, as I pointed out above you clearly stated in the Cruz example:

Originally posted by jomo View Post
      the coaches would have started some retread vet over Cruz when Hixon went down..
      They signed Brandon Stokely who got injured.

Again, your OWN example backfired because you didn't do your homework.

You also ignore the HUGE list of players who have replaced other players and turned out to be better. In fact, a huge majority of the examples above backfired as the guy mentioned who played young actually only got their shot when they were the last resort and it turned out they were good players or at least better than the guy ahead of them who got hurt.
      Last edited by BlueSanta; 04-15-2014, 07:29 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by jomo View Post
        Can't say I agree with you on this. All the crap backing up our OL for the past few years is off the team now and mostly out of the league. Robinson was hurt and not in position to play last year. Didn't they start Jones as a rookie MLB? He's out of the league. Did we start Dodge? Out of the league (should be out of the country lol). Even with Hixon he was pretty decent player and a starter for us at times. It didn't take long for Cruz to get reps and if your point were valid, the coaches would have started some retread vet over Cruz when Hixon went down. Petrus Brewer McCants Austin Moss Barden all out of the league after finding no playing time here. Why wouldn't some other great coaching staff sign them on the cheap and make them shine?

Nothing is perfectly black and white but I believe strongly that rookies not starting much here is mostly due to having poor draft evaluation and not coaching bias so much.
        to ur comment about, if his point was accuratw wouldnt we have gotten another retread to replace Hixon...

wd did. Brandon Stokely. It was due to him not being ready/having a knee issue that really gave birth to the opportunity Cruz got. otherwise we still may not have used cruz, esp after the week 1 game vs washington where he ran the wrong route and dropped a pass before being benched after getting a snap or 2 to prove himself...
        Last edited by giantsfan420; 04-15-2014, 08:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
          to ur comment about, if his point was accuratw wouldnt we have gotten another retread to replace Hixon...

wd did. Brandon Stokely. It was due to him not being ready/having a knee issue that really gave birth to the opportunity Cruz got. otherwise we still may not have used cruz, esp after the week 1 game vs washington where he ran the wrong route and dropped a pass before being benched after getting a snap or 2 to prove himself...
          Ahhhhhhhhhh facts.

If Stokely was brought in solely because he was a veteran and TC refused to play "rookies" then when Stokely got injured, wouldn't the front office have brought in another veteran?

OF COURSE THEY WOULD HAVE!

Everything is more complicated than the one dimensional thinkers would have us believe.
          Last edited by jomo; 04-15-2014, 08:53 PM.
          No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Working...
          X