Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    AR will have a good year next year.
    That's the hope, but so far, we've not seen any indications that's about to happen
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

I'd love for him to pull a Jernigan and finally come to his senses after years of doing nothing (if that is actually what's happening to Jernigan, I'm not even sure about that)

But as of now, I'm expecting 0 yards from him until I see something

Comment

Judging by the responses the in this thread, sounds like there will be people here disappointed if that were to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
          Nothing would be better than that but a good GM shouldn't count on it.
          I agree with that. He's done nothing to make us feel secure about his performance as a TE.
          Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Comment

Originally posted by drewz View Post
            Judging by the responses the in this thread, sounds like there will be people here disappointed if that were to happen.
            That's just silly. We want every player to succeed. But you can't discount previous performance, or lack thereof. Robinson's not alone in this; I feel the same about Eli, Beatty, Snee, S. Brown and a few others, each for one reason or another
            Last edited by RoanokeFan; 04-10-2014, 10:25 PM.
            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Our TE at this point is a question mark but we can say that
              of a few things.

One being ben mcadoo as a successful 1st year OC.
              Thats a question mark as well a projection of hope.
              Let face it there are lots of hopes for this team and maybe
              a few will pan out.
              sigpic

LT - Carson - Kelley - Van Pelt

Comment

I really don't want to spend a high draft pick on a TE. I think drafting a TE with the skill set of Jimmy Graham in mind is setting yourself up for failure.
                Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Comment

Not at all, I think most would be very happy. We have every reason to be skeptical. No reason to be hopeful.

Comment

So to want him to do well you must assume it will happen despite him doing nothing thus far?

I am certain not a single person on this thread or this entire board would be dissappointed if he did well. But to expect that based on nothing is an absurdity.

Comment

I really don't want to spend a high draft pick on a TE. I think drafting a TE with the skill set of Jimmy Graham in mind is setting yourself up for failure.
                      I also have never been a big fan of drafting a TE early in the draft, I hope Ebron is gone by the time we're picking.

Comment

Originally posted by egyptian420 View Post
                        I also have never been a big fan of drafting a TE early in the draft, I hope Ebron is gone by the time we're picking.
                        +1 Clearing the way for a Reese surprise = QB
                        Last edited by RoanokeFan; 04-10-2014, 10:25 PM.

Comment

We better not be counting on him for anything

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                            +1 Clearing thee way for a Reese surprise = QB
                            Your going to cause a nervous breakdown posting that.

Comment

Originally posted by FishinTheSalt View Post
                              Your going to cause a nervous breakdown posting that.
                              Moi?

PS Just in case it happens, remember where you heard it first lol

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                                +1 Clearing thee way for a Reese surprise = QB
                                Now THAT would make some people on these boards ecstatic

Comment

Working...
                                X