Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
    He's not a bust yet.
    He just needs to get on the field, and stay on the field. His injuries have set him all the way back.
    I dont think anyone was really counting on him much ever over the last few years. He is not a bust in my eyes because I was not expecting much to begin with. If he lives up to this 'potential' people created for him I would be thrilled. His measurements are sure freakish. He has been hurt and hasnt been able to play.

But similar to a comment I saw a few pages back on this thread, if our FO is really counting on this guy than I am a bit worried.
    Giants fan since 1992
    Season Ticket Holder Since 2014 (Section 148)

Comment

• Originally posted by GameTime View Post
      no body knows what this kid can or cannot do. If he doesnt get healthy ad see significant time he will be a gonner. Like TT and AB. the Gianst want to limit their "calculated risk" type players. If heis injured in camp he will be cut IMO.
      I think the Giants need to stop drafting players based on athletic ability and concentrate on bringing in players based on their proven football talent, I'm getting tired of drafting projects for development and getting disappointed...
      Last edited by JesseJames; 04-13-2014, 04:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by B&RWarrior View Post
        AR will have a good year next year.
        I remember the same thing was said about Beckum too.

Comment

• Originally posted by WhereTrelAt View Post
          I dont think anyone was really counting on him much ever over the last few years. He is not a bust in my eyes because I was not expecting much to begin with. If he lives up to this 'potential' people created for him I would be thrilled. His measurements are sure freakish. He has been hurt and hasnt been able to play.

But similar to a comment I saw a few pages back on this thread, if our FO is really counting on this guy than I am a bit worried.
          Last few years?

He was drafted in 2012 and was benched his entire rookie year.

Comment

• Originally posted by JesseJames View Post
            I think the Giants need to stop drafting players based on athletic ability and concentrate on bringing in players based on their proven football talent, I'm getting tired of drafting projects for development and getting disappointed...
            I think they are getting tired of it too....
            "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
            You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

• Originally posted by GameTime View Post
              I think they are getting tired of it too....
              then they need to stop doing it and do a better job with their homework on these guys before they draft them

Comment

I agree. +1 MGMT by continuing to use this approach ( focusing on athletic ability ) is basically looking for a diamond in the ruff that "may" be coached and developed into the type of player they actually need to fill a team deficiency. This approach historically has been more disappointing, than productive.
                1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Osi Umenyiora : " There's Nothing Like Being a NY GIANT ! "

Comment

then they need to stop doing it and do a better job with their homework on these guys before they draft them
                  well I am sure most teams draft a project player or two. I am sure its not exclusive to the Giants. Also how do you do "better" homework on a project player?
                  The description says it all. They are usually very athletic and raw. How much more can you do?
                  Either way Mara has said they need to cut back on calculated risks. To me that means project players and "what if" injury prone players like TT and AB.
                  "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                  You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

• Remind me. Was he 4th round?
                    Do not feed the trolls.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mercury View Post
                      Remind me. Was he 4th round?
                      Yes. 4th rd, 127th

Comment

• Originally posted by BigBlueBoricua View Post
                        I agree. +1 MGMT by continuing to use this approach ( focusing on athletic ability ) is basically looking for a diamond in the ruff that "may" be coached and developed into the type of player they actually need to fill a team deficiency. This approach historically has been more disappointing, than productive.
                        With us it has been. Others here have pointed out that everyone is drafting projects. We are just drafting the wrong ones.
                        No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

• Originally posted by jomo View Post
                          With us it has been. Others here have pointed out that everyone is drafting projects. We are just drafting the wrong ones.
                          Definitely has been the case with GMen.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigBlueBoricua View Post
                            +2
                            "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

"Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
                              I am not going to defend Robinson, because he is undefendable. So far he hasn't earned his pick.

However, last year you defended Jerrel Jernigan after 2 years of nothing. The only difference is you liked that pick.

As I said above, I think Robinson is another guy that Mr Mara was referring to in his comment about not knowing what we have in our young players.

Much like JJ for his 1st couple years, Robinson has really been given no chance. There have been plenty of times in the last couple years where the game is out of hand, or the season is out of hand and we have an opportunity to play some young guys who we need to find out more about. Robinson is 1 of those guys. All reports from practice have indicated that Robinson is a good blocker. Well last year we needed a good end line blocker and I think we missed an opportunity to work him onto the field, even if just a few plays a game.
                              More than anything else, your comments support my opinion that McAdoo will be an upgrade just in terms of a clean slate to re-evaluate the roster, and hopefully provide those opportunities.

Regarding Adrien Robinson, I'm not expecting much. Players should be forcing coaches to play them, through their actions in practice, in meeting rooms, etc. Injuries are not a player's fault, but everything else is, including how a player reacts to an injury.
                              "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

"Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

Comment

• Originally posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
                                More than anything else, your comments support my opinion that McAdoo will be an upgrade just in terms of a clean slate to re-evaluate the roster, and hopefully provide those opportunities.

Regarding Adrien Robinson, I'm not expecting much. Players should be forcing coaches to play them, through their actions in practice, in meeting rooms, etc. Injuries are not a player's fault, but everything else is, including how a player reacts to an injury.
                                I don't believe any of the "rookies don't get a chance here" theories.
                                Guys who aren't ready to play don't get a chance here.

JJ, I believe is a decidedly different situation than AR.
                                JJ actually got some looks in his first 2 years and did some things when he was in there. Remember however that he was behind Nicks and Cruz and then Randle. How much of a look should he be getting when we have receivers of that calibre? JJ was also pretty healthy.

By contrast, Robinson was often injured and not even there to answer the bell if called upon. He was also playing behind Mo, Larry and Curley. We were starved for tight ends the past 2 years and in the face of that he couldn't climb past Bear Pascoe?? If he showed anyhing in practice and was healthy, he would have been playing imo. So what does that leave us with Robinson for the coming year?? Nothing but question marks I believe. Hey, nothing would be better than for him to find a way to stay healthy and blossom into a force for us. All I am saying is that our GM better not be counting on that for plan A at TE.
                                No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Working...
                                X