Giants reach out to Matt Flynn

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
    I guess its always good to have a great planB but I really hope they give Nassib a fair opportunity to compete. Lets see what his made off.
    He did look like straight up butt hole in preseason, was really inaccurate and also looked overwhelemed, hopefully the inaccuracy was a result of him being so lost and he can adapt

Comment

where is the Message Board version of Curtis Painter?.. I'd like to hear his thoughts..

Comment

Eli just had ankle surgery. He's not going to be on the field throwing for next 6 weeks. Giants need a QB in the meanwhile for OTAs.
        Do not feed the trolls.

Comment

Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
          Source: Ralph Vacchiano on Twitter
          Thats really bad

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
            Poor Nassib, lol.

Why? It said the Giants are looking for a veteran quarterback to handle some offseason reps.
            Torque it till it breaks, then back off a 1/4 turn.

Comment

Matt Flynn!

Josh Freeman!

It's a veritable 'who's who' of who cares!
              Every single day I log onto this message board thinking i've seen it all, every single day I am wrong...NYGiants2120

Comment

Originally posted by Delicreep View Post
                Matt Flynn!

Josh Freeman!

It's a veritable 'who's who' of who cares!

Exactly. This is about having someone with experience throwing the ball during the OTA's while Eli's recovering.
                Torque it till it breaks, then back off a 1/4 turn.

Comment

Freeman! Still has nfl potential, needs guidance.

Comment

So...

CB
                    CB
                    CB
                    CB
                    DB
                    DB
                    DB
                    QB
                    QB
                    QB

Reese's wish list lol

Comment

So, this Ryan Nassib kid.................
                      No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Who thinks Nassib makes the leap to an acceptable backup this year. Based on what? He was a total bust last year. If he starts this year like last he's lucky if he makes it past OTAs.

Comment

Originally posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
                          Either Eli's ankle isn't really all that well or the Giants just don't have any confidence on Painter and Nassib.
                          Sure is fishy to see them kicking tires around on Freeman and Flynn " out of the blue " .
                          My GF is a giant fan also & used to date Freeman, so no, please no freeman....dont want to give her any ideas!!

Comment

Originally posted by mercurio View Post
                            Who thinks Nassib makes the leap to an acceptable backup this year. Based on what? He was a total bust last year. If he starts this year like last he's lucky if he makes it past OTAs.
                            How was a guy they never intended to play been a "bust?"
                            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by glassgiant View Post
                              All this extra qb attention is because Eli's contract is coming up to the end of his contract and if he doesn't make it to a level of play that currently warrents paying him manning money the gmen will move on. If he doesn't produce and limit the turn overs they offer him what they deem fair he probably turns it down to make more money elsewhere and the giants are left looking for a qb. They are well aware that eli can get them to 8-8 or 9-7 which is not enough for playoffs and not bad enough to draft the best qb so all this is insurance.
                              They need a veteran QB for OTAs, that's all this at at this point.Eli's contract has two years left on it so I seriously doubt that has anything to do with bringing in a temporary fill in.
                              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                                How was a guy they never intended to play been a "bust?"
                                I agree that the label is wrong. We haven't seen anything to suggest that he is ready or not ready.

The contact with Flynn and Freeman doesn't strengthen the case for Nassib being ready however though it is probably insurance on Eli more than anything.
                                No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Working...
                                X