Giants reach out to Matt Flynn

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BigBlueBoricua View Post
    I never said either of these guys were better. I am just saying that if I were Eli, I would be pissed, because this is a clear message imo.
    I never said you said they were better either.
    I'm saying they aren't a challenge to Eli, because they will never compete against Eli, nor will the Giants want them to compete against Eli.
    This is for the back up QB position.

I wouldn't be pissed at all. All teams bring QB's in for workouts, that doesn't mean they are necessarily trying to win the starting job or intimidate the starting QB.
    Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Originally posted by BigBlueBoricua View Post
      All these QB workouts are just to send Eli a message, IMO. The ball is now in Eli's court. He is probably pissed with this wake up call. Therefore, he will be ready to step up to the plate and prove everyone wrong again.

In addition, he really can't play worse than he did last year. No where to go but UP !!!!
      If they wanted to send Eli a message, looking at this lineup of talent will tell him his job is safe.

I think they simply want a 3rd QB for OTA's until Eli is ready to take the field.
      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

• Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
        If they wanted to send Eli a message, looking at this lineup of talent will tell him his job is safe.

I think they simply want a 3rd QB for OTA's until Eli is ready to take the field.
        i agree . this is no real competition

Comment

• Originally posted by Harooni View Post
          i agree . this is no real competition
          I'm pretty sure it's not meant to be. I never want to downplay the effects of an injury, but this doesn't seem the type that is going to incapacitate Eli beyond the normal recovery process.

If Eli had not had a terrible season in 2013, we wouldn't even be paying attention to this.
          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

• Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
            If Eli had not had a terrible season in 2013, we wouldn't even be paying attention to this.
            well i think it

also age and contract that has the giants looking to prepare for the future. but i agree these guys are for camp. to have a 3rd qB

Comment

• Originally posted by Harooni View Post
              well i think it

also age and contract that has the giants looking to prepare for the future. but i agree these guys are for camp. to have a 3rd qB
              It's definitely time for the team to make plans for the next QB, which they started with Nassib, whether he's THE GUY or not. I just see these things as separate events at the moment. I am hoping by 2015 we have a clear indication of how much longer they realistically see Eli behind center.

Comment

• Originally posted by glassgiant View Post
                All this extra qb attention is because Eli's contract is coming up to the end of his contract and if he doesn't make it to a level of play that currently warrents paying him manning money the gmen will move on. If he doesn't produce and limit the turn overs they offer him what they deem fair he probably turns it down to make more money elsewhere and the giants are left looking for a qb. They are well aware that eli can get them to 8-8 or 9-7 which is not enough for playoffs and not bad enough to draft the best qb so all this is insurance.
                if Eli doesn't limit the turnovers and show a lot more then they shouldn't offer him anything and make plans to move on...

Comment

Working...
                X