Kiwi DE or LB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kiwi DE or LB

Then again maybe he will play both spots as needed. Since the Ayres signing.

Has anything been mentioned about this? Yup Im bored.
    Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

IF there were no injuries I think he sticks with DE this year. Ayers, JPP, Kiwi and Moore.
    LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
    "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

right now the depth at DE needs a capable body moreso than the depth at Sam OLB. I suspect he's going to be given another shot at DE this yr with the hope his less than stellar play last yr was just shaking the rust off...

Comment

He is needed at DE, now if that add a high round DE that may come into consideration; however, didn't they sign McClain to play the SAM?

Comment

I think he is a better LB than DE

that being said he is a bit of a liability in both spots

Comment

Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post

Agree. People think he was moved to LB out of necessity, and while that was partly true, the other half of the equation is that he is a better LB than DE.

Comment

Originally posted by TooEasy2 View Post
              Agree. People think he was moved to LB out of necessity, and while that was partly true, the other half of the equation is that he is a better LB than DE.
              I think he only on this team right now out of necessity. He was awful last year.

Comment

I'd like to see Kiwi as a full time DE.. He didnt do much at LB

Comment

Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post

has he had more recent success as a LB compared to as a DE? i could prob agree with that.

but is he a better player as a LB compared to as a DE? I dont know about that. in my humble opinion, he was an exceptionally talented DE when he was drafted out of college. And that he flashed that his first couple seasons even with those injuries. And it was because of that talent he flashed as a DE, that we moved him to LB to get him on the field, because at that time, we had 3 quality DE's ahead of him. And really, that issue has been there throughout his career because when we added JPP, we again had those 3 quality DE's ahead of him.

Remember, at first, it was pretty rocky with Kiwi as a LB in a role other than pass rushing. And, when Osi was lost that season (may have been Tuck), Kiwi was the starting DE until he himself went down.
                  It's had been a while before Kiwi went back to more of a full time DE last year. He didnt have the success we hoped for, although he doesnt get enough credit for causing pressures when he was a DE this year, and even in years past. Like his 8 or whatever number it was sack season as the starting DE a few years ago, he led the team in pressures. My belief is last season, Kiwi was getting the rust off as a DE, and that we're going to see him attain more success with the more acclimated he gets as a DE again.

He was a very talented DE out of college. it is the reason imo we moved him in the first place, as a way to get him on the field. i hold out hope he can regain that potential he displayed at times as a DE.

Comment

We are starting to look like a 3-4 team IMO. If we drafted Jernigan and Shazier. We would have the personnel for it

Comment

where ever they put him I hope he has a good season. Poor ******* gets shifted around on reg basis.
                      "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                      You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
                        I'd like to see Kiwi as a full time DE.. He didnt do much at LB
                        What he accomplished as an LB was more than he ever did as a DE.

Comment

Originally posted by penguinfarmer View Post
                          What he accomplished as an LB was more than he ever did as a DE.
                          Did you ever hear Kiwi's name called for making a plays at LB.. I really can't remember any.. I do remember him getting to the QB though playing end

Comment

Originally posted by ibbill View Post
                            Then again maybe he will play both spots as needed. Since the Ayres signing.

Has anything been mentioned about this? Yup Im bored.
                            I never understood the need to pigeon hole players to a position. Why not let him move around

Comment

Kiwi's best days involved Strahan and Osi taking all the pressure off of a guy that they had no film on. Enjoy his final season as a Giants fellahs. Expect his replacement to be drafted.

Comment

Working...
                              X