X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our Ref For Sunday Appears To Be.....

Bill Leavy...

http://www.football-refs.com/nfl-ref...ffssuper-bowl/

Re: Our Ref For Sunday Appears To Be.....

I don't know much about him as a ref though I'm sure I've probably seen him a 100 times, probably a good thing I guess. Anyone have any info on him/ his fairness?

Comment

yay not jeff triplette

Comment

all I know about him is he has an awful case of flabby arms where his triceps should be. It'll be too cold for short sleeves on Sunday so you prob wont be able to see it.

Dont know much about his rep as a ref

Comment

Bill Leavy (pronounced LEE-vee) is an American football official in the National Football League (NFL) since 1995 and is a retired San Jose, California Police Officer and Firefighter, serving for 27 years. As of the 2006 NFL season, Leavy has been assigned to nine playoff games and two Super Bowls in his NFL officiating career. He was selected as a back judge on the Super Bowl XXXIV officiating crew in 2000 and most recently headed up the Super Bowl XL officiating crew as referee in 2006. He wears uniform number 127. Leavy's 2011 NFL officiating crew consists of umpire Darrell Jenkins, head linesman George Hayward, line judge Mark Perlman, field judge Jim Quirk, side judge Keith Parham and back judge Keith Ferguson. Leavy is most commonly recognized for having admitted to blowing controversial calls in the Pittsburgh Steelers favor in Super Bowl XL.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Leavy

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
          You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

no triplette... no winter... hoorah

Comment

I have never had a problem with this ref, he's good.

Comment

[quote user="Ruttiger711"]no triplette... no winter... hoorah[/quote]

Agreed.

Comment

[quote user="Gmen2005"]yay not jeff triplette
                  [/quote]

You can say that again! Was praying that it wasn't Triplette
                  The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

Comment

This bothers me a bit, but it is better than it being Triplette again that's for sure:

"Leavy is most commonly recognized for having admitted to blowing controversial calls in the Pittsburgh Steelers favor in Super Bowl XL."

Over 7000 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Comment

[quote user="repeatchamps"]

This bothers me a bit, but it is better than it being Triplette again that's for sure:

"Leavy is most commonly recognized for having admitted to blowing controversial calls in the Pittsburgh Steelers favor in Super Bowl XL."

[/quote]

Triplette should go back to pop warner football

Comment

that was a disaster.

Comment

We're just just gonna run out of refs to make fair and right calls for the Giants at this rate...

Comment

That guy that officiated today looks like he smokes 10 packs a day. Think he was just catching a smoke under the hood during the Jennings fumble review.

Comment

[quote user="BigBlue wins"][quote user="repeatchamps"]

[/quote]

Triplette should go back to pop warner football
                              [/quote]

[B]

They probably wouldn't take him.

Comment

Working...
                              X