Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why the Freeman signing is actually bad...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
    shopping nassib would be like bailing on a stock when its low. Thats when you realize the loss. Nassib is an investment and neesds to be matured.
    He is going no where.
    Great analogy.

Comment

I can't see Nassib going anywhere yet. I mean, what team would be dumb enough to trade for Nassib after seeing the Giants trade up to get him last year, and then never him play?

The Freeman signing may be a bigger threat to Painter's position with the team (hopefully) than a signal that the Giants are looking to dangle Nassib out there.
      One of these teams is not like the others

sigpic

Comment

They would not have brought Freeman in, had Eli not needed surgery. Remember not so long ago when we didn't have enough QBs for OTAs and training camp? He's here for OTAs to throw the balls that Eli will not be throwing. And he's here for competition. It forces Nassib to step up his game. Nassib doesn't get a free ride this year. He needs to earn a roster spot by showing enough improvement to stay.
        Do not feed the trolls.

Comment

I never got the Nassib pick -- just thought he threw everything hard with little touch and didn't like how he threw the deep ball.

He also looked a bit short to me.

I'm actually rooting for Freeman to bounce back (play well in the spring / make the roster and become the #2 QB). I'd also be ok with the Giants getting a 4th in this draft for Nassib -- it's not the 3rd we used on him last year but I'd take Freeman & a 4th over Freeman & Nassib.

For those questioning Freeman's skill level - I just don't get it. Read in an article this AM that in Freemans 2nd, 3rd and 4th years -- he threw 3 less TDs than Eli -- but had 10 less Ints and +700 more yards passing. Freeman is no chump -- just have to hope his head is on straight.

I mean what if they get into the new offensive system and it fits Freeman perfectly -- don't forget he's also avg. +4.5yards per carry in his career for a big 6'6" QB he can move pretty well.

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
            shopping nassib would be like bailing on a stock when its low. Thats when you realize the loss. Nassib is an investment and neesds to be matured.
            He is going no where.
            yupp, and Freeman is signed to a 1 year deal where we could cut him and not suffer a loss. It's not like we signed Freeman to be our long term backup. We gave him a 1 year deal to see if he can show anything. He looks like crap we dump him, no harm. he looks good we keep him for a year with Nassib still or even trade him if teams are interested.

the only issue i see is the possibility of carrying 3 QBs on the roster again. but even if we do that, that means Nassib isnt ready and we'd be carrying either Painter again who is God awful if we didnt sign Freeman

Comment

Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
              This artlicle outlined the situ, plus added a part about how Nassib is a more complete QB than the QBs in this draft, and how he was 1st round talent (Guess we wouldnt really know yet)

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...an_nassib.html
              this isnt a report saying the Giants are shopping him. it's a writer saying maybe the Giants should consider it if we could get a 3rd or 4th for him. i dont see where wed get a bad pick or how were actually shopping him anywhere

Comment

we dont really know how he is developing, maybe he isnt that good , or maybe its coughlin that just hasnt worked him in. We really don't know exactly whats going on and why he hasnt suited up. we do know painter stinks and Eli may miss some minicamp time

Comment

Originally posted by gibril28wilson View Post
                  this isnt a report saying the Giants are shopping him. it's a writer saying maybe the Giants should consider it if we could get a 3rd or 4th for him. i dont see where wed get a bad pick or how were actually shopping him anywhere
                  youre right, that's why before posting that article, i said it was my fault for woding it that way, and it was speculation....

to address your second point, we wouldnt get what we spent for him, that you should know.
                  Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

Freeman signing was totally meant to push Painter at #2 not sure why everyone links it to Nassib per se.

Clearly they don't see Nassib ready as a viable #2 yet for better or worse - whether he ever matures into that or a starter we'll see but bottom line he wasn't going to be that this year.

Think about it - would they ever keep BOTH Freeman and Painter?
                    "Release the Kraken!"

- Dan Dierdorf, Giants vs Dolphins, 10/30/2011

Comment

Originally posted by Harooni View Post
                      we dont really know how he is developing, maybe he isnt that good , or maybe its coughlin that just hasnt worked him in. We really don't know exactly whats going on and why he hasnt suited up. we do know painter stinks and Eli may miss some minicamp time
                      I hope it's just that we haven't worked him enough yet to know.

PS - your sig is basically just a highlight of (Ross? cant tell) getting burned by V-Jax lol
                      Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Originally posted by DaKraken View Post
                        Think about it - would they ever keep BOTH Freeman and Painter?
                        They wouldn't I hope. Once ink was on paper they should have pink-slipped Painter lol.
                        Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                          PS - your sig is basically just a highlight of (Ross? cant tell) getting burned by V-Jax lol lol.
                          its freeman throwing off his backfoot with pressure up the middle in his face .

Comment

Originally posted by Harooni View Post
                            its freeman throwing off his backfoot with pressure up the middle in his face .
                            AH, yes, the Eli specialty. :-)
                            The Problem is the Oline, PERIOD

Comment

Originally posted by Mercury View Post
                              They would not have brought Freeman in, had Eli not needed surgery. Remember not so long ago when we didn't have enough QBs for OTAs and training camp? He's here for OTAs to throw the balls that Eli will not be throwing. And he's here for competition. It forces Nassib to step up his game. Nassib doesn't get a free ride this year. He needs to earn a roster spot by showing enough improvement to stay.
                              Exactly!! Nassib is getting a wake-up call. I am not buying at all that the Giants are trying to trade him. His value, if there is any, will be 2-3 years down the road. To put it mildly if the morons who subscribe to the fact that Eli is in decline are right Nassibs value could become increased significantly.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                                AH, yes, the Eli specialty. :-)
                                haha yeah and he may be a good fit because he is more mobile and can escape some pressure , you might find the oline looks better with a faster QB.

Comment

Working...
                                X