Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why the Freeman signing is actually bad...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw this thread title and I asked myself who demonstrated the pure wit to start it given yesterday's thread suggesting the opposite.

Much to my surprise and delight it was my buddy Pizz. I completely disagree of course but I'm like a proud Papa.
    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

I don't see why the Giants would shop Nassib around. First he doesn't have any market value right now, other than trying to sell it to his old coach Doug Marrone I don't see anyone giving much in return. If anything his value to the team starts right now when you have your franchise QB going into the wrong side of 30's, 2 years away from another payday, coming from a horrible season and to top it all rehabbing ankle surgery.
      " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Comment

I have a feeling we're going to need to carry 3 QBs for the rest of Eli's career. The days of the free extra roster spot are over. That ankle injury, while it can be healed well in time for the season, just highlights the fact that Eli is in the older side of his playing days.

If that's the case, I'd gladly take Freeman over Painter...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

What if...Eli's return from injury suffers a setback, or his play continues to decline , or he suffers a broken finger,etc. ..prior to the Freeman
          signing I would suggest the giants might have just mailed in those games as losses he might miss.

Without laughing too hard would Freeman at least give Eli pause before he tosses the ball back to the opposition at will.
          If had Painter behind me I would chuck the ball around all day and I knew coach would not take me out.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
            I saw this thread title and I asked myself who demonstrated the pure wit to start it given yesterday's thread suggesting the opposite.

Much to my surprise and delight it was my buddy Pizz. I completely disagree of course but I'm like a proud Papa.
            ugh, you caught me!!

edit - to be fair, RF just posted the title based on the link he provided, not like HE personally suggested otherwise. I, on the other hand, just intentionally worded it that way.
            Last edited by JPizzack; 04-17-2014, 12:41 PM.
            Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
              Reports are that Nassib will be shopped. However, if guys like Kirk Cousins aren't even getting LOOKS, let alone offers, then why would anyone trade for a guy who hasn't even suited up yet?
              Anything other than a 4th rounder, and it's a complete waste, and cleeeearly that's not going to happen even if he is traded. From a development standpoint, unless they want light some sort of fire under Nassib's ***(which they probably are), this doesn't make any sense. And from a business standpoint, it CERTAINLY makes no sense. Wasted pick? Carrying 3 QBs on the roster?

Don't give Freeman false hope....let him give someone else headaches. This is the kind of player the Giants would typically "amicably part ways" with....not sign.
              What "reports" have you seen that suggest Nassib is being "shopped?"
              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Nassib is a wasted pick, and I applaud ownership / FO for acknowledging it sooner rather than later.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for giving young talent time to develop - especially at QB - but I personally just never saw it with Nassib. Freeman's upside is much higher, he's already had some success at the pro level. I don't see how this is anything but good.

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                  What "reports" have you seen that suggest Nassib is being "shopped?"
                  argh, I corrected myself later on, I've already explained that a few times. let me go edit the OP
                  Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

argh, I corrected myself later on, I've already explained that a few times. let me go edit the OP
                    Thanks, I'm a slow reader
                    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Thanks, I'm a slow reader
                      s'all good, mang
                      Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                        I have a feeling we're going to need to carry 3 QBs for the rest of Eli's career. The days of the free extra roster spot are over. That ankle injury, while it can be healed well in time for the season, just highlights the fact that Eli is in the older side of his playing days.

If that's the case, I'd gladly take Freeman over Painter...
                        eh i dont know. Coughlin has never liked carrying 3 QBs to begin with. I would say maybe this year is an exception because it's the first year after an ankle surgery and maybe the coaching staff wont be comfortable yet with just Nassib as a backup. But i dont think the surgery on Eli's ankle will mean it wiill become a chronic problem. i mean look at Peyton, he had 4 neck surgeries over the course of a full year and then came back the following year and hasnt missed a start yet. im not saying theyre going to rehab and bounce back the exact same way, but theyre blood and the closest thing to be able to compare it to

The Mannings are a tough family and do not really have a history anywhere in their family of injuries occurring, let alone reoccurring. besides Cooper lol but he never played NFL ball so he doesnt count lol. lets hope i am not wrong about this though

Comment

Originally posted by gibril28wilson View Post
                          eh i dont know. Coughlin has never liked carrying 3 QBs to begin with. I would say maybe this year is an exception because it's the first year after an ankle surgery and maybe the coaching staff wont be comfortable yet with just Nassib as a backup. But i dont think the surgery on Eli's ankle will mean it wiill become a chronic problem. i mean look at Peyton, he had 4 neck surgeries over the course of a full year and then came back the following year and hasnt missed a start yet. im not saying theyre going to rehab and bounce back the exact same way, but theyre blood and the closest thing to be able to compare it to

The Mannings are a tough family and do not really have a history anywhere in their family of injuries occurring, let alone reoccurring. besides Cooper lol but he never played NFL ball so he doesnt count lol. lets hope i am not wrong about this though
                          I don't really like this comparison, but....it's not like Eli has been a mobile QB and is going to lose a step or anything lol.
                          I also kiiiiiinda think this might be the year we carry 3 QBs again. It's def been awhile since we've done that, but....could be a safe move this year.
                          Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

I don't really like this comparison, but....it's not like Eli has been a mobile QB and is going to lose a step or anything lol.
                            I also kiiiiiinda think this might be the year we carry 3 QBs again. It's def been awhile since we've done that, but....could be a safe move this year.
                            so then how is it a bad signing , since painter is about as accurate as a storm trooper

Comment

Originally posted by Harooni View Post
                              so then how is it a bad signing , since painter is about as accurate as a storm trooper
                              I don't think Painter makes it out of camp

Comment

I don't think Painter makes it out of camp
                                you dont think he will get whacked do you?

Comment

Working...
                                X